Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:15 pm
How would you do it?

What laws would you have?

Lets have some fun and put our governments out of business with our ideas, ha ha ha!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:29 am
If I owned my own country, I would first of all create a map of sorts and travel as I was doing so. From there, I can find out what kind of citizens I am dealing with so as to come up with proper laws.

These laws would benefit all and not one would have reason to break them.  

william-tyler

iiDiNo-DaNish

6,400 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:38 am
If I were to run my own country I would enforce Hammurabi's Code. It may seem unjust and cruel but would it stop people from doing the wrong thing? Hammurabi's Code was designed to protect all classes of society, including women and slaves. It followed the principle of "an eye for an eye" and had no laws regarding religion. It didn't matter whether you were rich or poor. If you broke the law, and were found guilty, you would be punished.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:08 pm
I'd have a way that you could go back in time and fix some of the mistakes you made as a kid.  

Princess Lisa Thai

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:18 pm
Ooh, the eye for an eye law. But, and I am sorry for making a joke of that, if you have an eye for an eye, doesn't that leave everyone blind? rofl

Seriously, though, I like the idea of if someone broke the law they were punished. However, what laws would you have that could not be broken? That's the catch 22, the everyone blind, of that scenario.

Going back in time might do more harm than good, but it would depend on how far back you'd go and perhaps not to correct the problems you made as a kid, but perhaps to solve the problem that started the whole world becoming bad in the first place. Go back to when Eve was going to eat that forbidden fruit and tell her why it would be bad without letting on that you were from the future.  
83. Dead threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games