Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Chaos Magick

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 am
Link and Information :

Also within Chaos Magick people can be satanist.
Check this out
PLEASE PUT MORE INFORMATION HERE

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_magic  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:17 pm
I'm still slightly confused as to what exactly this branch of magic is.

Is it symbol/sigil magic or willpower-based magic? Does it only affect one's self being that the sigils are secret messages to the user's subconscious?

And does it work on forces outside of one's self?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:41 pm
Dalcain

Is it symbol/sigil magic or willpower-based magic? Does it only affect one's self being that the sigils are secret messages to the user's subconscious?

It's not so much a branch of magic as it is a way of approaching magic in general: to Chaos Magicians, belief is flexible and versatile.

As to whether it's "symbol/sigil or willpower-based" - there's no straight answer. It depends on the beliefs held by the magician. It doesn't seem to affect only your Self, given the results people have gotten with it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:25 pm
Does anyone here see hypocrisy with people constantly crying about "culture rape" within the realms of magic, witchcraft, or religion but adhering to a chaos approach to magic(k)?  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:55 pm
Mitsh
Dalcain

It's not so much a branch of magic as it is a way of approaching magic in general: to Chaos Magicians, belief is flexible and versatile.

As to whether it's "symbol/sigil or willpower-based" - there's no straight answer. It depends on the beliefs held by the magician. It doesn't seem to affect only your Self, given the results people have gotten with it.
Fantastic. Then I shall return to my research into it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:14 pm
Obscurus
Does anyone here see hypocrisy with people constantly crying about "culture rape" within the realms of magic, witchcraft, or religion but adhering to a chaos approach to magic(k)?
It's typical of people. They feel strongly towards only one thing and never open their eyes to the bigger picture.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 pm
When Chaos magick came into practice Sigil Magic was a large part of it but now its like the others said, it depends on the method of the magician.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:13 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
It's typical of people. They feel strongly towards only one thing and never open their eyes to the bigger picture.

I agree.

It's not really the hypocrisy that I have a problem with because hypocrisy is typically an unavoidable part of being human. It's that they don't see it is what bothers me. And amuses me.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:17 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

I agree.

It's not really the hypocrisy that I have a problem with because hypocrisy is typically an unavoidable part of being human. It's that they don't see it is what bothers me. And amuses me.
It simply amuses me as I see a future in which they will be wiped out of the picture and will have no idea what will happen.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:58 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

I agree.

It simply amuses me as I see a future in which they will be wiped out of the picture and will have no idea what will happen.

I mostly just think they limit themselves.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:08 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

I agree.

Then when I gain the power I desire, I shall unlimited-ly kick their asses and show them the light of having all knowledge. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:24 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

I agree.

Then when I gain the power I desire, I shall unlimited-ly kick their asses and show them the light of having all knowledge. xD

Good luck with that, man.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

I agree.

Good luck with that, man.
Thanks, I will try.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:51 am
symbol/sigil magick indeed. It's hard to know every magick based thing.
I'm still trying to find more websites about Chaos magick.  

Satans Dolly

Beloved Kitten

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:38 pm
When you've learned enough, come back and share. I desire knowledge of the unknown and paranormal.  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games