Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Tut. - Animating using ImageReady Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:07 pm
Bolweevil
i doubt the images kill many people now, dialup is on the decline, and high speed is taking over. so animated gifs arent the problem today they they were back in the days of the 14.4 modems. if anyone even remembers those days..

Yes I remember those days.. Only I was using a 56k modem and not a 14.4 one. It was still equally frustrating though..
Flash animation was such a drag back then.
You had to wait 10-15mins for a 3.5mb animation. Anyway still, we have to bear in mind that not everyone in the world now have broadband access. Using flash instead of gif does reduce the file size tremendously. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:29 am
I was confused and lost on animation with imageready for a very long time until I finally got smart and read... the tutorial on the adobe website!! wow...

very curious way of setting up frames for an animation... heck of a lot better than movie maker as far as frame rate goes... whee  

Sam Skip Sam

Bara no Chikai

2,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:10 pm
Pyon
Bolweevil
i doubt the images kill many people now, dialup is on the decline, and high speed is taking over. so animated gifs arent the problem today they they were back in the days of the 14.4 modems. if anyone even remembers those days..

Yes I remember those days.. Only I was using a 56k modem and not a 14.4 one. It was still equally frustrating though..
Flash animation was such a drag back then.
You had to wait 10-15mins for a 3.5mb animation. Anyway still, we have to bear in mind that not everyone in the world now have broadband access. Using flash instead of gif does reduce the file size tremendously. 3nodding
I don't have any flash programs. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 11:28 pm
I'm so glad you made this tutorial xd I made all the banners in my sig, plus all the emoticons here using it! Definitely very helpful.

Flash is a bit different to animate with, and I think has many more capabilities than ImageReady, although I haven't explored it too far yet.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Hizzahn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:15 am
Chisa
I'm so glad you made this tutorial xd I made all the banners in my sig, plus all the emoticons here using it! Definitely very helpful.

Flash is a bit different to animate with, and I think has many more capabilities than ImageReady, although I haven't explored it too far yet.

Those little emoticons you made are fantastic! I especially like the sleepy one.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:21 am
Hizzahn
Those little emoticons you made are fantastic! I especially like the sleepy one.
Thanks! My fave is this one --> User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Pyon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:42 am
Chisa
Hizzahn
Thanks! My fave is this one --> User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

very nice indeed.. too bad i cant draw.. sweatdrop
i can earn some extra gil if I could draw.. whee  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:41 am
Does anyone know if theres any tricks in imageready on lowering file size? I was able to make a gif, but i think the 192k file size that comes with it may cause some people some problems.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v727/Bolweevil/ChurchOfGambino1.gif

If looking at it helps any, there it is.

Thanks.

As for the flash talk. Gaia doesnt allow users to place swf files in their sigs and in other areas do they?  

Bolweevil

alis in wonderland

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:30 pm
Nope, no swfs in Gaian sigs. I can understand why. They're big, and you need to have the flash player. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:10 pm
You know... I have that program and I didn't even know what it was for. sweatdrop

thank you! xd heart

I am sure I will be referenceing this very soon.  

Katherdante

Bara no Chikai

2,250 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:02 pm
Thank you all for the compliments. whee

(Yes, I'm really bumping. D: But I am really grateful. I didn't know this tutorial would help so much.)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 3:27 pm
Very good tut~  

alis in wonderland

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out