Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Café (General Chat)
just a rant.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:27 pm
*deep breath* ok so i've waited like 3 or 4 days to write this cuz i was passed pissed when i first wanted to.
so for those of you who dont know, my mother detests anything even slightly hinting at the occult. so besides the the christian church, annything and everything else is rejected. even in games. ugh. so anyways, years of her punishing my brother and i for giving her suspicions we might be doing something 'devilish' i find out that not only does she own a book on tarot, but she owns and uses a deck!!! she thinks tarot is one of the worse sins of the occult and she uses them??

*another deep breath*
i hate hipocracy.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:31 pm
I hate hypocrisy too.
That's very strange, though. Did you confront her?  

CemeteryPirate

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:34 pm
Confront her on her sins.

God may not hate hypocrites, but I do. Throw them sumabitches in her face and go west side on her. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:24 am
Everyone is a bit of a hypocrite. Humans are contradictory by nature.

Honestly, I wouldn't rock the boat about it. If she's so persistent in punishing you about these things then confronting her with her hypocrisy may not be worth the trouble you could bring down on yourself.

There's also that line "Do as I say, not as I do." She may just be trying to look out for you on some level.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:26 am
My mother did something similar (basically "magic is bad, but here's a bunch of spell candles and a lesson from me on candle magic"). My take on it? She's probably curious about what this fuss is. Let her explore it and hold off about confronting her on it. While it may seem like a bit of fun there are massive negative consequences, especially if you aren't fully aware of the situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 am
Ask nicely about it. Just tell her that you noticed she has a tarot deck which you are fairly certain she uses and ask if she can explain how the deck ties in to Christianity. Perhaps it will give you a chance to back up the things you do (or don't do, since you did not specify whether or not you were up to anything "devilish") as well.  

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200

neko-mata-01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:08 am
thats quite strange
i agree with mike, ask her about it  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:03 pm

I think if you try to have a polite conversation with her about it you may be able to strike some sort of understanding with her and get her to be less harsh about punishing your beliefs. But then again it could also backfire and make the situation worse, it's hard to say anything about it without actually knowing your mother.

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:53 am
Vanilla eXee

I think if you try to have a polite conversation with her about it you may be able to strike some sort of understanding with her and get her to be less harsh about punishing your beliefs. But then again it could also backfire and make the situation worse, it's hard to say anything about it without actually knowing your mother.

if i could tip a post in a guild thread I would tip this one lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:55 pm
I don't know about confronting her about it, if she's anything like my mom- any sort of questioning results in an one sided argument which you're not allowed to respond to...

But I don't know, she may have a reason more along the lines of "I confiscated it"( most likely) or " God works through these". Are you sure she uses it? Like have you actually seen her do readings?  

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:35 pm
One word: Sadistic.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:50 pm
wow. look at all the replys i get when i just abandon threads (well gaia in general) for like 5 days. or has it been 8? hmm......

anyways, a lot of you have said to confront her. well i cant. she denies that she practically shunns occult (similar case with homosexuality, but we're not going into that.....) but at the moment, not like i can do anything about it. why i just came to rant sweatdrop i accepted long ago that 'mother's always right' and well......thats that. been arguing and persueding that woman for years now stressed

*ahem* wow so many posts.........*mutters to self bout guilds threads not counting towards acheivments*

and no offense to vanilla, but your reply made me laugh. you're right, its hard to tell without knowing my mother, and talking with her.......lol well thats beyond hopeless. and if i bring up my beliefs, it will make things worse because she's still oblivious to........well a lot. but if she found out i even visited this guild......*shudders* well thats not a pleasant thought.....

anyways, thanks for all the posts and advice (even if some people only used one word razz )  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
The Café (General Chat)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items