Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Insomnia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SLEEP!
  zzzzzzzz
View Results

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:57 am
I am currently suffering from this terrible "curse".
Any others out there?
What are some remedies you've used (not just ones you've heard of) that worked?
I sometimes take Benadryl if I have something important to do the next day, and NEED to sleep.
But I'd like to naturally sleep through the night.
Though, I'm thinking if I'm a night person, I should stay as such and use it.
I just don't have a job that lets me work at night.
(Honestly, in this town, I wouldn't want one. I'm paranoid and would freak out from my rampant imagination.)

But anyway...
Do you have insomnia?
How do you live with it?
What have you done to "cure" it?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:29 pm
i have found on nights where i can not sleep but need to a warm cup of Chamomile tea and honey helps me relax and fall asleep. Of course laying in a quite and dark place helps as well. Oh and do not drink it quickly sip it if you drink it quickly it will not help.  

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500

Venom Schatten

Destructive Mage

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:47 pm
There's some things you can do before trying to sleep:

1- Don't drink refrigerants/soft drink/coffee/chocolate at night. Thoses drinks have caffeine, a substance that prevents drowsiness or sleep.

2- Turn off TV/computer/video game 1 hour before sleep. These things keep us awake, even after some time off.

3- Try to not think about problems when going to sleep.

4- Try to not have dinner to much late at night. While the stomach processes the food, the metabolism is kept active.

5- teas can help you relax.

6- your room must be as dark as possible. Lights disrupts sleep.

Also, Scientists say that keeping the feet warm help to relax, and to sleep.

I hope these tips help you. =]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:56 pm
My feet actually sweat if kept too warm, so I have to stick them outside of the blanket where the fan can hit them.
XD

As for the thinking too much...
Eh.
That's not something I can help.
I've tried stopping it and clearing my mind but then thoughts flood me and occasionally slight depression and blurgh.

I always eat right before I go to bed, at least most of the time.
If I'm not full when I lay down, I think about what I could eat to satisfy me.
>,>;

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Venom Schatten

Destructive Mage

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:08 pm
DarkWolfLove
My feet actually sweat if kept too warm, so I have to stick them outside of the blanket where the fan can hit them.
XD

^^' I totally forgot you're from another country (USA, right?) xD here in Brazil, it's winter, so we need blankets.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:10 pm
Venom Schatten
DarkWolfLove
XD

^^' I totally forgot you're from another country (USA, right?) xD here in Brazil, it's winter, so we need blankets.

Yeah.
But even in winter, if my feet sweat under the blanket, my whole body gets hot, so I have to stick them out to regulate.
XD

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Neko Queen Nala

Partying Friend

7,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:13 pm
Venom Schatten
There's some things you can do before trying to sleep:

1- Don't drink refrigerants/soft drink/coffee/chocolate at night. Thoses drinks have caffeine, a substance that prevents drowsiness or sleep.

2- Turn off TV/computer/video game 1 hour before sleep. These things keep us awake, even after some time off.

4- Try to not have dinner to much late at night. While the stomach processes the food, the metabolism is kept active.

I hope these tips help you. =]

Very true and also do not forget about sugar it has the same effect as caffeine.

True but do not forget soft music or nature can give your mind something to focuse on without keeping you awake just keep the volume low and play it in a cd player or something that does not put off light.

This is why i said the tea and if add a small amount of honey instead of sugar or things like it it will help. about one small drop should due.

Partly true do not eat a big meal but going to bed on a empty stomach can be as bad as going with a full one.

Just make sure it is decafe!

100% correct.

also if you sweat from being too warm i find a nice morning shower helps wake a person up in a easy way.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:20 pm
Well, first off, if you sleep with a partner or friend you may want to try sleeping in a different room for awhile. Sometimes the stress of thinking you are keeping someone else awake or bothering them only keeps you up longer. I'm assuming you live alone though, so this shouldnt be a problem

I have often had the same problem, and I found a rather strange remedy. I'm not sure if it would worm for you, since it helps some but not others, but I've found it very effective for when I need to sleep.

Try listening to Binaural Beats/Binaural tones. It's a tone that directly affects your brainwaves and helps with relaxation, meditation, and other stuff. I would say more, but I'm very busy right now. Wikipedia it >:C  

Redilicious

Dapper Sex Symbol

Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces