Tags: Adult, Awesome, Misc 

Reply *Everything Else*
Advice from all you old people~ +Poll!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think I should do?
  Wait it out, don't waste your time on things that aren't going anywhere.
  Go have fun! Life is short, and there's no real downside.
View Results

EggAtix

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:29 pm
So I'll try and keep this brief. I need help deciding what to do with myself romantically for the next year. The things you guys need to know are that I am:
1. At least a year older then everyone else in my grade.
2. Even if I wasn't older, would still be more mature then the vast majority of the kids in my grade.
3. Limited to only dating the kids in my grade by a harsh Language Barrier.
4. Unhappy with being single.

I'm 18 years old, and I should be going to college right now, but because of the move to Europe last year, I'm going into 12th grade instead. Everyone keeps telling me to wait for college. and that life gets better once the girls stop being so immature but, frankly, I'm tired of waiting. I've been waiting for 5 years now for the girls to stop being so immature, and I'm feeling like now is a good time to just say '******** it' and have some fun. I'm not the kind of guy that casual relationships come naturally too, but that doesn't mean i couldn't have one. There are plenty of girls who I could share casual physical relations with, I just feel like that's so... shallow? A waste of time? I dunno. I don't know what to do. SO I ASK YOU FOR YOUR HELP OH WISE ONES.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:07 am
I personally couldn't do the whole "casual physical relations" thing, but again, that's personal. As for you, you need to weigh the pros and cons -- yes, especially the obvious ones.

From alternet.org, 6 reasons to have casual sex:
1. Asserting your desires can create a tremendous sense of power.
2. It might help you transcend your inhibitions.
3. You'll learn more about your sexuality.
4. You might learn about yourself emotionally.
5. You might be a better partner in a committed sexual relationship.
6. You'll learn more about sex.

And obviously, it's exciting and enjoyable, and, like you said, you're tired of waiting, and this is a way around it.

Reasons against casual sex from Yahoo! Shine:
1. STDs.
2. Mental anguish; it's a temporary escape, not a fix.
3. Social stigma: it's reckless behavior that friends & family would likely not approve of.
4. It might ruin the friendship (if you know the person).
5. Sex has more than just physical implications: it has mental implications, too.
6. While it's exciting, it might not be the best sex because there's no emotional connection.

Also, you should consider how your future girlfriends/spouse will feel about your sexual past.

Ultimately it's up to you, and whichever decision you make, you'll have to live with for the rest of your life. Would you regret not having fun in your younger years? Would you regret sleeping with people without an emotional attachment?

I tried to be really impartial here. Hope this helped somewhat!  

Madame No
Crew

EggAtix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:49 am
Madame No

Also, you should consider how your future girlfriends/spouse will feel about your sexual past.

:< Damn. That one got me. Okay, I guess I know my answer. I don't want to force myself into a casual relationship, especially since that's not how I function : / Thanks No.  
*Everything Else*

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games