Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rianoc

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:30 pm
I want to make a role play, but I'm advanced-literate. I tend to write -- a lot. My posts end up being half a page to a page and a half long. It's very heartbreaking to write an entire post an get nothing but one-liners back, especially with the quality, time, and effort I put into them. So I guess what I'm asking -- not trying to sound rude -- but are there any serious adv-lit role players here willing to join in?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:12 am
okay so I don't write whole pages but I sweatdrop tend to put in a lot of my characters background feelings and thoughts which take up a lot of room , does that help??  

tobeychi

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

Rianoc

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 am
Well, I'm not entirely based on length. I mean, it's nice to cram a lot of detail into one post to kind of further things along(I like reading), but it's not COMPLETELY necessary. I am picky about the amount of detail though. If everything's explained fully. No grey areas unless they are needed. Stuff like that.

Just, one-liners are a pet peeve now. Especially in really elaborate role play settings.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:28 am
i put detail where i see it to be needed ( my spelling can be a bit off somtimes though)

i like to add detail where some people would just have a one liner, such as setting detail, information that my character has noticed about others etc 3nodding  

tobeychi

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100

HeadHunterXZI
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:34 pm
If you've ever seen me roleplay you would know that I tend to put alot of detail into my posts. Sometimes I even feel bad when posting so much because then people will have to read all of the details.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:10 pm
Borax55
If you've ever seen me roleplay you would know that I tend to put alot of detail into my posts. Sometimes I even feel bad when posting so much because then people will have to read all of the details.

But, reading is the main excitement of role playing.
sad

So much thrill in reading others' view points and writing styles. It's almost like a high for me.

Rianoc

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

HeadHunterXZI
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:27 pm
People in the world are very different from one another. We all have common and non-common interests in one subject or another. But the unfortunate fact is that most people don't like reading.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 pm
Borax55
People in the world are very different from one another. We all have common and non-common interests in one subject or another. But the unfortunate fact is that most people don't like reading.

Then why would they be role playing?
razz

Rianoc

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

HeadHunterXZI
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:54 pm
Because they don't mind short reading. Most people like the shorter posts for the fact that they are easier to remember and they can post their own action faster.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:55 pm
Either way it requires reading. No matter how much or how little.

But I think it would be best for people of the same tastes to role play together than of different tastes. Minimizes that conflict.

Rianoc

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Resident Evil. Can you suvive?

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items