Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Karmic Cleansing Rituals, Know Any?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:31 pm
I know a few witches who practiced a spell that was less then white magick out of a fit of rage and didn't mean to hex anyone, and never truely finished the hex they did. But they are both very worried about the three fold law, and want to make amends for it, what spells could I do or spells/rituals could I teach them so they can cleanse themselves?

Thanks in advance, Blessed Be~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:45 pm
I don't think there are any cheat codes to avoid causality. I would think that sincere remorse would be the best defense against backlash.

It should be known that not everyone believes in the three-fold law.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:58 pm
Obscurus
I don't think there are any cheat codes to avoid causality. I would think that sincere remorse would be the best defense against backlash.

I tried to tell them that, but they're still rather new so if its not in a book they're scared to believe it -.-;  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:06 pm
addicted to sin
Obscurus

I tried to tell them that, but they're still rather new so if its not in a book they're scared to believe it -.-;

Maybe this will be a good lesson for them then. Both in causality and in not believing everything they read.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

addicted to sin

Hallowed Sex Symbol

8,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:28 pm
Obscurus
addicted to sin
Obscurus

Maybe this will be a good lesson for them then. Both in causality and in not believing everything they read.

Then they're in the goddess' mercy, though I imagine they've learned their lesson. Thank you for the input, although there are other uses for karmic cleansing so if anyone knows any I could use them for meditation.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 am
Karma is a balance of give and take, so why not tell them to do good things to balance it back out to their favor?

And even if doesn't work out for them in the best ways, its still a good lesson to learn in the end to ultimately try to do good.  

Leeches in my peaches

Distinct Prophet

8,500 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:58 am
Haha, the fact that they're so freaked out about the three fold law is probably the karma itself. Probably won't be casting spells with negative intent anytime soon lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:58 pm
if you could just get rid of it then karma wouldn't be effective xD
well, if they are scared of doing more magic it seems that karma is working ^^
they also dint finish it like you said, and i'm assuming that since you haven't posted an update that the targeted party wasn't hurt  

neko-mata-01

p33p33s

Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:34 pm
my daily practices chip away at karma ;3
I learned them from my teachers when I enrolled in their school of theurgy.
information/ articles on theurgy and info about the school/ classes can be found at The Divine Science. org ;3  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:26 am
Traditional witchcraft doesn't have a threefold law, nor do they believe in karma as karma is an Eastern belief. Witchcraft is a Western practice.

Are you sure this witch you speak of isn't a Wiccan? Wiccan is the only craft/religion I know of that believes in karma and a threefold rule.

If she follows a more traditional belief then the incomplete hex is no problem. If it doesn't work it doesn't work, no big Karma-tic deal.

IMO if she is Wiccan then she is more then likely dealing with the karma already like MikePlusPlus said. She should have considered the harm none rule before she attempted to hex people. I think she's learned her lesson.  

Marine-Kitty

A1Saucy

Devoted Codger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:57 am
I'll join the choir to agree that karma isn't something you necessarily wash away.
You just have to ride it out and learn the lesson from it.

As a bit of note, though, if they never finished the hex then why worry? Unless they only cast several parts of a whole or something an incomplete working probably won't do too much, if anything at all.  
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games