Welcome to Gaia! ::

Carl's Crew

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Carl's Crew. Where all followers/friends of Carl gather. Please join us in our campaign to have Carl rule the Gaia universe. 

Tags: Carl, Junk, Trunk, piehard, antlers 

Reply Carl's Allies, Enemies and Competition (Other NPC Talk)
Ian & Rufus

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Damian "Ian" Von Helson is one of the characters in Gaia's storyline, having large roles and many appearances. He was first introduced in 2003, as the owner of the Barton Boutique with his talking cat, Rufus.

Ian originally appeared to be a mild-mannered average guy, and somewhat poor, though without complaint. With the introduction of NPCs from Isle de Gambino and Durem, it was revealed that Ian is viewed as a nice guy but kind of spastic. Ian has been plagued by many problems with his family and his love life, to the extent of being falsely arrested and shot.

Ian is half-vampire, and had been taking treatments to suppress those traits. He is the son of Vladimir Von Helson and Rosalie, full brother to Louie Von Helson, and the half-brother of Gino Gambino and sisters Marie and Anna Corinne Von Helson.

His long time love interest has been a girl from Isle de Gambino named Sasha, who was completely oblivious to his advances.

Though lately, It seems that Ian has accepted Sasha's interest towards Gino. He has also been less dramatic in recent comics.

Return of Gino
Ian invites Sasha for a walk on the beach to collect seashells, Ian planned to find some special shells that he thought she would like, as he walks off to find these special, Sasha waits for him. As she stands humming to herself, she looks at the collapsed tower and soon her gaze turns to a figure floating in the water which turns out to be Gino.
She checks his breathing and attempts to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Just then Ian walks back and misunderstands the situation. She hoist Gino up and slowly walks with him to her home and places him in her bed.

Gino's Recovery
Sasha and Ian are cooking lunch for (a now awake) Gino. Sasha had called Doctor 123 to check on Gino. After lunch was finished and 123 left, the three go down to the beach, and Bucho is there to take Gino home.

At the Barton Pub with Ian, Sasha chats with Moira, Liam, and Vanessa. Moira mentions that she is seeing someone. After they leave the pub, Sasha and Moira continue to talk about the man she is seeing. Ian scolds the two saying that men are not trophies and that they have feelings as too, both girls show their dislike of Ian's input and walk away. During this whole event (from beginning to end) Ian's mood is sour.

Ian returns to (what appears to be) Sasha's home, and he spots a bottle of pills; raising it in the air triumphantly he proclaims "I knew it. I've got you now Gino!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:16 pm
Halloween '05

Sasha and Ian were invited by Gino to see the reconstruction of the G-CORP facility. As Gino explains the reason behind the reconstruction he ends by inviting Sasha over for dinner to celebrate, she accepts.

As Sasha and Ian walk down the road with Sasha being happy for Gino's recovery and trying to fulfill his life's purpose, Ian tells her that Gino can't be trusted and rustles through his jacket to try and show her proof of this, Sasha becomes frustrated with Ian and scolds him.

Sasha is at Gambino's Mansion enjoying dinner with Gino, he thanks her again for nursing him back to health. Just then both of them smell smoke and see that the mansion is filling up with fire. They both try to find a way out but it gradually becomes more dangerous.

Ian stands outside of the Mansion and holds a bottle of pills that he plans to show Sasha; but inside the two are fighting to get out of the burning home, and as they near the entrance Ian shows up, and is trying to show Sasha a bottle of pills, but instead grabs her arm and drags her out of the mansion as Gino weakly tells Ian to get Sasha away from the fire. Sasha is upset about leaving Gino and watches as the mansion collapses.

The Trial of Ian
Ian walks out of the Courthouse and waves to a cheering crowd, thanking them and thinking to himself that this is the happiest day of his life. His gaze falls on Sasha who tries to put on a brave face. As the bell tower loudly rings, a bullet pierces Ian's shoulder.

Valentine's Day '06
With Ian laying in a hospital bed, he dreams about Sasha and their day at the beach. Back to reality, Sasha is by Ian's side and hoping he will pull through. Suddenly, Ian weakly speaks about the day on the beach, he opens his hand to reveal a shining diamond seashell. She is overwhelmed and tears up and thanks him.

Gino vs. Labtech X
Ian has recovered enough to leave the hospital, and with the help of Sasha and encouragement of Moira, they begin to leave the premises. Waiting for them is Gino who angrily says that he challenges Ian to a duel to the death. Both Moira and Sasha are shocked by this, but Ian accepts the challenge.

At Barton Cliffs the duel is on, but Sasha attempts to stop it, only to have Moira hold her back. Ian drops his guard as Gino charges. Ian thinks to himself that he would die for Sasha and leaves himself open for an attack. As Sasha covers her eyes to cry, LabTechX appears and injects Gino with a serum. An odd mutation happens and both Gino and LabTechX go plummeting over the cliffs as the two girls look on in horror.

Convergence
After the attempt on his life, Ian had not returned to work in his shop. Ian instead stayed with Gambino in his mansion. A visit from Rufus results in a most welcomed reunion between them, Rufus notes that Ian doesn't look so good and ask if he has been keeping up with this treatments, Ian says he has but the effects seem to be getting less and less effective.

The visit is cut short when a clawed hand reaches through the opened window toward Ian. Edmund reacts quickly and expels the intruder by kicking him away from the house. As he and Gambino look outside to find a body, they tell Ian to follow them to a bunker to administer his treatments. Ian hugs Rufus and tells him that he will see him soon.

Stranger Danger
With Halloween nearing, the towns are decorated with pumpkins. Rina is pulling Ian along and telling him about a fortune teller who is in town. The woman singles out Ian, to which Ian tries to think of what to ask. First wanting to know if Rufus will get a new suit, this causes the woman to laugh and ask him to try another question. To which Ian replies: What does the future hold for all the people of Gaia?. The woman considers this a much better question and proceeded to look into her crystal ball, she proclaims in horror that everyone is "Doomed!".

Everyone ask Ian what she means, but he can give no answer. The crowd insist on facing this unseen threat and go into hysterics and try to attack anything that isn't human, including Ian who viewed as a vampire.

As the hysteria continues, Ian plans to find the fortune teller and get her to calm everyone done, he ask Rina to take care of Rufus while he does so.
Ian finds her after a short chase and he explains that perhaps her prediction was wrong. The woman angrily says that her crystal ball never lies, to which Ian revises his explanation and saying that perhaps she misinterpreted the prediction incorrectly.

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rufus is Ian's talking pet cat. Rufus looks after Ian's shop, the Barton Boutique, whenever Ian is out. Rufus likes dancing with Ian and he occasionally imitates what Ian is doing. Although he's a cat, he has been known to bark like a dog sometimes.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:24 pm
~ * ~ Reserved ~ * ~

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

19nateraCS

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:26 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:35 pm
The part that Ian gives Sasha the shell is so sweet... I got all teary too...

And Sasha needs to be with Ian, not Gino. scream  

Servant of the Knight

Fluffy Hunter

11,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

nobounce the 2nd

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:41 pm
I enjoy Ian and his furry friend, they added me as friends the day after i got this new account smile and gave me a gift in the spirit of friendship

also midoriwa if i could tip you for your amazing work on these posts i would. you have my highest praises for all this work and detail you put into these  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:55 pm
nobounce the 2nd
I enjoy Ian and his furry friend, they added me as friends the day after i got this new account smile and gave me a gift in the spirit of friendship

also midoriwa if i could tip you for your amazing work on these posts i would. you have my highest praises for all this work and detail you put into these

Thank you. I did use a wiki for about 99% of the information though. It is in the sticky at the top of the forum. n____n

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

nobounce the 2nd

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:57 pm
Midoriwa
nobounce the 2nd

Thank you. I did use a wiki for about 99% of the information though. It is in the sticky at the top of the forum. n____n

wiki or not the time put in is still impressive  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:59 pm
nobounce the 2nd

Well thank you. n___n Over the weekend I am going to format the ones Lobotomy added in. Teamwork!  

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

nobounce the 2nd

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:02 pm
Midoriwa
nobounce the 2nd

Well thank you. n___n Over the weekend I am going to format the ones Lobotomy added in. Teamwork!

well from a humble crew member that you thank you very much  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:24 am
The whole story line confuses the heck out of me! gonk i like Ian and Rufus anyways though, Barton boutique is the best!  

KuramaCat

Devoted Pumpkin

15,900 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:47 am
KuramaCat
The whole story line confuses the heck out of me! gonk i like Ian and Rufus anyways though, Barton boutique is the best!
Yeah, I usually don't follow it very well and then it is confusing.  
Carl's Allies, Enemies and Competition (Other NPC Talk)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games