Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Art 'n' Stuff
Shorter Short Story

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it 1k words?
  Nope but it's close!
  Not quite...but that's alright...I think
  I'll never say!!! *gets sucked into black hole*
  *Teleports in yoinks gold and fades out*
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:20 pm
I haven’t had this feeling for a very long time; so long in fact it feels surreal. It reminds me of times that aren’t that long ago yet feel a life time ago.

Those days were such wonderful times. Time passed unnoticed a constant companion yet rarely noticed. A time where I watched and learned so much.

I watched these people that understood things no one else could. These people have seen the birth of the cosmos and the death of galaxies. These people understood the need for all things in their life. They welcomed the good times they supported threw the bad. They understood that without the spiritual the reality was incomplete, yet without the realistic the spiritual were lacking. Balance was not only understood it was natural to them.

That all changed though, one day they came invaders that wanted knowledge, wanted jewels, wanted power the power these people could give them could have if they simply used their knowledge.

These invaders tried to convince these balanced people that they could do so much more. The invaders didn’t understand that these beings were happy with how their life was, that they didn’t want to have other beings fear them just for some pretty colored stones or ever.

The invaders grew angry if these beings wouldn’t join them willingly they’d force them. They tried everything every scare tactic they knew torture, separating, destroying their homes, and even killing. With all of this though these beings still would not help them.

With no other choice and fearing these beings now the invaders decided to wipe them all out. If they could not turn them, could not have them, then they weren’t taking a risk that someone else could turn them or they’d turn on their own.

Their world burned, what once was a lush serine world, is now nothing more then a blackened world of death. However, one escaped the destruction that day, but they were changed. This lone being no longer held balance they now held such darkness.

I did such dark things after that day things I never thought I could. I can no longer call myself one of them even though I was born one of them. That day I learned sorrow like I never knew the loss of my friends, the loss of my clan, the loss of my home, the loss of my son, the loss of my lover, and the loss of myself.

I hunted those invaders and almost exacted my revenge, but then I watched that family and realized I had become the invader.

I never felt the sword that pierced through my skin taking my life. I did feel pain though the pain that I caused the innocent ones and even the invaders, but worse I felt the pain of knowing I will never see my son and lover again. I have changed too much.

As I began to unravel my magic erasing the mistake I was I looked onto my once invaders but now the scared ones and I felt peaceful knowing they would now be safe from me. I smiled a small smile, “I…cannot ask you to forgive my pained heart for all the trouble, pain, and terror it caused you. I can never make up to you all that I have done, but I can offer you a small gift. Your warriors came for our knowledge our power they tried to trick and take when all they had to do was ask. I offer all my power and knowledge to the future maybe you little one will one day find it and make a future better then we could.”

As my body unravels like a tiny galaxy a small blue star floats up around my body drifting up and glowing brighter as it took all I offered to the future and then shot off through the ceiling and disappeared into the sky, into the sea of stars to perhaps one day be found. My cloudy eyes turn to the ones before me and before all fades I offered one last word, but my voice no longer seemed to work.

The child of these now scared ones watched me with such intense eyes had been scared yet her fear had left as if knowing I had changed. Even now she didn’t fear she simply watched as if understanding. Those sweet intense eyes looked up at me and the softest voice came to my ears, “I forgive you…”

I could not nor did I want to fight the smile as it came. At least one of them forgave me whether that child truly understood or not it was so comforting to hear those three simple words. There is hope for the future this child is proof of that and I hope that she finds my gift for the future and can make the world we could not. There is hope, but it is small like one of the stars in the night sky.

Soon I was completely unraveled the mistake that was me was gone from the world and they were safe from me, but there are others out there far worse then even I was. To live means to face these dangers, to over come these trials, and make things better and worth living. I hope…I wish that my son and lover could have met that child could have lived…but they will again…some day. Perhaps even one day I may truly be forgiven and allowed to join them, for now…I will simply wait alone and in the darkness a tiny light a tiny star of hope waiting for the one to find me in the future.

The avi that inspired this story.... User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:38 pm
That was inspired! heart The perspective you chose was just incredible. And you managed to fit a plot twist into a story less than 1k words. Bravo! 3nodding Brought a tear to my eye, even without the in-depth details that a longer story would have had. Good job!  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:50 pm
*grins and does happy dance* Yay! Thanks Purple I'm glad ya enjoyed it and thanks! *Is so freakin' happy right now*  
Art 'n' Stuff

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games