Welcome to Gaia! ::

Carl's Crew

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Carl's Crew. Where all followers/friends of Carl gather. Please join us in our campaign to have Carl rule the Gaia universe. 

Tags: Carl, Junk, Trunk, piehard, antlers 

Reply Carl's Allies, Enemies and Competition (Other NPC Talk)
Diedrich and Grunnies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 am
User Image

Quote:

Did you know? In one pound of peanut butter, it typically can contain up to 150 bug fragments and 5 rodent hairs!

Diedrich is a Grunny that appeared during the Easter 2k10 event, seen on the reward page waving his arms telling Gaians that "You found an Easter egg!". On his profile he states that he loves facts.

There have been rumors going around that Diedrich is actually Gambino in grunny form.

Earth Day 2010
Was the host of the event and waited in the Earth Day Forest Stage for Gaians and told them about various things he knew and including his own facts about the worlds environment.

Thanksgiving 2010
It's the Thanksgiving season here in the United States, and as part of the season, Diedrich went a little crazy and gave a multitude of Gravypuff Plushes to some people. Regard it as a Thanksgiving gift -- any Gravypuff Plushes that have been given out are fine, and you can trade them or buy them on the marketplace without worrying. We'll have to keep an eye on Diedrich for the future, though!

Valentines 2k11
Occupied a kissing booth.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:03 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Grunny is a species of leporidae that mutated due to the results from the G-Virus. Debuting October 28, 2005 with the Halloween 2k5 event, and appearing in manga #4: Halloween '05 Part 1. They were, however, mentioned much earlier during 2004 in the journal entries of G CORP LabTechs, particularly the journal of LabTech101, who was given a colored rabbit to look after believing it to be a pet.

History
As lab animals they were used for experimentation purpose, many expiring due to reactions from various injections. The rabbit that was assigned to LT101 was taken by LabTech247 for his dipolar cellular distortions study. The rabbit ended up dying and LT247 responded to this by deposing of it in the furnace, but apparently not activating it, thus leaving the corpse to be picked up and given to LabTech062, who was ordered to inject the dead rabbit with experiment #410039. This inject caused the dead cells to resurrect within the Grunny.

After the events of the zombie outbreak, Gino Gambino wanted to finish what his father started, though unaware of the original intent. With the lab rebuilt and the rehiring of LabTech123 the attempt to recreate the G-Virus was in effect. And by capturing surviving mutated lab animals and using the DNA, LT123 was successful in recreating the G-Virus. However, his celebration was short, as LabTechX broke into the lab shutting down the power and freeing the Grunnies from their cages, causing a hoard of them to make their way to the Gambino Mansion and its guest.

An announcement was given by Bucho who alerted Gaians of the situation and requested them to capture as many Grunnies as they could. While this task worked relatively well, the side effect was Gaians becoming affected by the Grunnies, thus turning them into a Grombie.

Behavior
The Grunny is aggressive and thirst for blood; they attack their potential prey by leaping and attaching themselves to their target. Former chief of research of G-Corp, Edmund, attempted to denature their aggression while maintaining their cuteness with the use of the contraption Suitomatic VII.

They don't appear to have an issue being around one another and have continued to breed over the years. Their aggressive nature has not stopped Gaians from keeping them as pets.

From Gaiapedia  

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:04 am
~ * ~ Reserved ~ * ~

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:07 am
Diedrich is actually kinda adorable. It's just that after all these events with him in it... he gets a little old xP  

ZOMG its Lobotomy
Captain

Hygienic Seeker

11,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200

FyoraSilverwolf

Winner

19,600 Points
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 am
Diedrich is one of my favorites. sweatdrop
I really started liking him because of the Valentine's event. And then he seems more gaia-ly than the Easter Bunny, so...yeah, I picked him for that.
But then he got really high level really quick for this event, while I was first trying to fill my pie cards. (I had Carl at 30-something, Diedrich at 20-something, and Ol'Pete at 10-something)

But then when I found out that there was an achievement for feeding a thousand times, I fed Carl until I got him to an even 100, and then fed other NPCs until I got my total to 200, and then fed Carl until I got the achievement cool  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:48 am
Oh my gosh....I forgot to make the Diedrich thread? *bonks head*

If he is Gambino in grunny form...lord help us. I think he is too obnoxious for that.

Haha. I do love grunnies. xd

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

somi-the-wuzz

Dangerous Pumpkin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 am
Oh Diedrich. So awesome, and somehow one of my favorite NPCs while still scaring me a bit. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:57 am
Diedrich better not be Gambino... stare Would be a disgrace to his memory.
I'm not a fan of him, personally. His coloring makes his items so...difficult to incorporate with the other items on the site. His "random" facts drive me nuts. And, he tried to upstage the Easter Bunny. talk2hand  

Alarias
Vice Captain

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Servant of the Knight

Fluffy Hunter

11,375 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:19 pm
The Easter Bunny is badass. Diedrich can go to hell. I've never liked the little furry turd.

If he's Gambino, then Johnny'd better come back already so Diedrich can go away to never be seen and I can love Johnny again.

Grunnies in general, though, are pretty cool. If only one of them could eat Diedrich...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:24 pm
hates that rudding grunnie Diedrich soo much, wanted to catch him, put him in a pie and feed him to Carl smile  

nobounce the 2nd

Dapper Dabbler

15,450 Points
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150

capnsieggy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:50 pm
I looooove Diedrich! but I love Carl too and I want Carl to win Piehard.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:03 pm
I actually do like Diedrich's random facts.....they usually make me laugh.  

Midoriwa
Vice Captain

Tipsy Carnivore

16,300 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Trick or Treat 100

Daffodil the Destroyer

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 pm
User Image

I love the s**t out of Diedrich. The only reason I didn't help him in the event was because I knew he'd have no trouble passing round 1. Carl is another favourite so I decided to give him all the pies.

Of course, then I missed the achievement for feeding a pie to each NPC, because I didn't realise there was one. gonk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am
And thus, Grombies such as myself are born!

I do like Diedrich.  

Real Fake Doors

Floppy Member

Carl's Allies, Enemies and Competition (Other NPC Talk)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games