Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:07 pm
This is the Quest Thread for…

how the heart bends . . . Jun-s [ lots ]

:: DIRECTORY ::

h o m e . n e v e r m o r e

. the wisp :: ghost rabbit :: acha doe .

. future plans . successful quests .

Always Tied to :: i-ve got plans for you...

. Updates .
7th May 2013 :: Frame get! Compromise get! Just...uh...just Charm now...
5th February 2013 :: This is basically a quest twenty years in the making. |:
21th December 2012 :: I finally got Comeback SO I MAKE A BROTHER FOR HER AND START THE PROCESS ALL OVER.
17th December 2011 :: I've been very bad at updating the updates but stuff have happened and updated now
1st August 2011 :: Doing this despite deathiness because I'll be gone on the 3rd and the 7th is too far away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:09 pm
Ghost Rabbit
Type :: Acha Doe

:: Naming Dream ::

One rabbit, two rabbit, three rabbit, four rabbit;
one wolf, two wolf, nipping at their heels.
One rabbit, run, rabbit - run, fast - RUN, rabbit,
faster than your legs can fly,
faster than the wolf behind,
faster than you feel.

One rabbit, last rabbit - the last, flying fast, rabbit;
one wolf - one wolf - faster than its prey:
teeth, gnashing - flesh, gashing, one rabbit, death-thrashing -
gleam - the terror in your eyes -
scream - the horror in your cries -
cannot get away.

Oh, rabbit, no - rabbit; blood, flesh, and bone, rabbit.
One wolf, feasting, staining red the loam.
Oh, rabbit, woe, rabbit. Never now to go, rabbit:
never now to bound through fields,
summer-kissed nor winter-chilled,
never running home.

One rabbit, two rabbit, three rabbit, ghost rabbit:
ghost heels, ghost paws, ghost footfalls.
One rabbit, ghost rabbit, running all alone, rabbit -
home nevermore.

QUEST STATUS: Constant Craving. Q_Q Definitely sounds like a Rejam project, let's see how this goes...

Brief Bio: She runs and runs with nowhere to run to. Don't look back. Never look back.

Request Details:
This naming dream was begging to be quested. Q_Q Sorry, sorry, edit-heavy to make her look as ghosty and rabbity as possible.

Edits:
- Bunny ears streaming back, like a running lop
- Short-to-middling hairstyle streaming back
- Big scared eyes (would like some lashes)
- No smile
- No horns and, if possible, no scales
- Furry bits (like chest ruff? CC for what fits best) for rabbitiness where you see fit
- Hoof fluff to fit
- Bunny tail
- Transparent ghosty bits (like parts/ends of especially ears, hair, tail, maybe limbs?)

Colors/Markings:
- She's basically a white or cool grey rabbit, prefer markings to be subtle and naturalistic, not solid patches (Generally CC, otherwise!)
- Maybe some greyish-blue vein tracery for the dead look? Accent colour, if any, would be nice bluish.
- Subtle blood-stuff if applicable
- Would prefer pale eyes for the ghostly look.

Did a quick sketch to show a vague idea of what I'm thinking head-wise - but it's just a point of reference! (Ears are probably too wide, I'm really no good with animals, you'll know much better than me! And I really don't know anything about the hair at all, this is just a rough sketch for the feel of it. Please CC and work your magic instead! QAQ)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is just a pic of a hairstyle I drew on a bunny girl once that I liked; might have liked something like this for Ghost Rabbit if hers wasn't windblown, though probably not as thick since she's a slip of a ghost (the colours here have nothing to do with her, of course):

This is probably a pretty good RL-version of that: 1 . 2

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:11 pm
Plainsong
Type :: Kimeti Doe

In the plains, I wait for Father:
Father, Father; he never comes -
lost to the Swamp is my Father.

In the plains, I wait for Mother:
Mother, Mother; she never comes -
lost to the Swamp is my Mother.

My hair is my veil, dew like beads,
dawn's blush paints my cheeks;
in the plains, I wait: you never come.

QUEST STATUS: QAQ

Brief Bio: The Ghost Bride's Ghost Bride daughter. Shush left her in the Swamp, and now she seeks, as blind as her mother, both her past and future. Though largely Kimeti in form, in her dreams she feels the rush of cool wind, sweet, flat grass beneath her pounding hooves, on and on and on.
(The backstory she doesn't know is that Shush found a Kimeti buck, half-dead from the Ache, on the outskirts of the Plains, and tried to help him find his way back to the Swamp. He never made it, but they became close in their brief time together...enough for her to have a single sac, which she brought into the Swamp, fearing the same thing that happened to the father would happen to the cross-breed child of Kimeti mien. Half-crazed from grief and convinced of the rot of her touch, she left the sac at a Kimeti den, and roams the Swamp as a living ghost thereafter, weeping for her mate and child.)

Request Details:
A blind "ghost bride"-themed Kimeti doe with a resemblance to her Kiokote mother, Shush.

Edits:
- Anti-butch with full scale-and-horn removal, but maybe with the addition of a few Kio-scales (e.g. the ones on the thigh - but not on the face please)
- Long, flowing hair (probably almost to hoof but not necessarily past hoof) reminiscent of Shush, but not streaming back
- Flowing horse-tail-style tail to match the hair
- Speak Not-style hoof fluff
- Something with her eyes, whether covered like her mother, skinned-over like Zikwa, closed, clearly blind - up to you!
- Maybe a bride-themed "lace" accessory reminiscent of Shush's, or something like that made into a hair accessory as if repurposed from such an item Shush left with her when she was a sac. Whatever looks best!

Colors/Markings:
- I have no idea what her mystery father looks like, but whatever he was will contribute to the below, so he was probably pale colours like grey/white. XD;; I imagine Plainsong to be mostly pale colours from her parents, but I'm open to anything that fits the 'ghost bride, pale in darkness' image.
- Markings are CC, just generally ghost bride (ghostly/deathy/spooky) theme, delicate things - I'd like to avoid hard edges like stripes and bands, and would prefer soft gradients and delicate markings like her mom.
- I'd like her hair to be ombre like her mom's, in whatever colours appropriate!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 pm

... on hold for Scattered Black and Whites or the FFrs P&P pairs ...

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:17 pm
:: WIP/Future ::

Kimeti Quest: For the Birds
Kimeti Name: For the Birds
Buck or doe: Doe
Color and markings:
Here is the complete visual guide with all my usual wishy-washy back-and-forths about markings/colours. YOU WILL KILL ME but don't worry the chances of rolling me up when it matters are so low they're virtually zero! 8D;; I suck at drawing feathers, so it would be nice to make them actually look like feathers...
Edits:
Major - Wing/feather mane/cloak as roughly illustrated. You can take liberties, make it fairly indistinct, make it half-hair, half feathers, whatever! The character is supposed to be a self-proclaimed Swamp-touched oracle, and I'm leaving it very ambiguous whether her winged mane is miraculous or a carefully-constructed con...
Minor - 1. Complete scale removal (except for shoulder scale of course) on both face and body. 2. If it doesn't count as part of the major edit, the crystal studs across the mane/cloak. If it does, maybe eye glow if it fits.
(Ahahahahah I've had this quest in the back of my mind for ages, but never acted on it for the complexity...if any of it might help, it was primarily inspired off this Canary Murder Case image, my Paper Forest girl's hair and dress, and this humanised-Swanna fanart I saved off some poor artist on Pixiv I've since lost, oops.)

Questy Reminders
♠ LRd
♠ Soft Revolution etc.
♠ FFs: Mllw+RRbn & QotM+PBlssm
♠ Fairytale Pair (w/ Maxx) x2
♠ CoV (w/ Maxx): GW, MG, RT, K, D
♠ CLPalette Does

♠ My darling Rose Bird.

Temp Past Quest Repository
:: Compromise
Compromise
Type :: Kimeti Buck

...the dark fawn...

Don't lash out.
Don't shout loud.
Don't argue.
Don't talk back.

Be nice - compromise.

Bite down.
Bite back down.
Bite back down and
say please.

QUEST STATUS: Trying to gold bribe Rejam. 83;;;

Brief Bio: COMEBACK'S BROTHER. So when Comeback was a delicate little filly, she was diligently protected by her ice-cool brother...until the day they got separated and then she had the fright of her life yadda yadda we know how her story goes from there.

The day Compromise lost his sister was the worst day of his life. He'd thought of himself as his fragile little sister's guardian, and always put up the bravest front before her - but inside he was a total wussy bleeding-heart and freaked out and burst into tears when he couldn't find her. Well, he never did find her, but he did run into a young buck wandering around in a daze who eventually told him to stop crying, for Swamp's sake, if she's gone, she's gone. Compromise mourned long and hard over his darling sister, and stuck with the buck (whom unbeknownst to either of them was the one who scared Comeback off in the first place).

Years later, as he returned from picking berries, he found Recoil in heated argument with a very familiar face...

(In an OOC context - Recoil is like the whiny lead singer of a screamo band, which makes Compromise the guy who looks like he should be the lead guitarist but is actually the wussy bassist.)

Request Details:
request: He's Comeback's brother but based off a melanistic fawn instead - so with all her edits plus different hair and small antlers and generally dark-coloured. He's the opposite of her in character too: supposed to look drop-dead and ice-cool but is really a bleeding-heart wussy. XD;;
Edits:
- Done on the anti-butch lines, please!
- Complete scale and beard removal
- Default hoof-fluff edit
- Hair edit in approximately this style
- Horn edit: Neat, elegant antlers, just something small and simple is fine!
- Eye edit: Comeback's eye can be C&P'd if it makes it easier, but if that's not possible or you don't mind a new eye edit, a softer deer eye that resembles hers would be awesome.
- Tail edit: Like Comeback's - do C&P from her if easier/possible!
- Muzzle edit: Just a bit, the way you edited Comeback's muzzle to make her look more cervine, I'm so in awe of that amazing detail.
Colors/Marking:
- Essentially but loosely based off a melanistic fawn - but more importantly, a counterpart to Comeback, so generally an alternate version of how she's set up.
- Leaving the colours all up to you this time, except of course that the base coat is melanistic. The hair/horns/etc. can be dark or light, whichever you think suits better, but I would like the eye to be of a lighter colour to match Comeback's (not necessarily the same colour but if you think that's best that's fine too). Like Comeback, I'd like a couple of accent colours, whatever you think is best for the elegant, ice-cool look (I wouldn't mind the same accent colours as Comeback's either if that's what you decide on).
- Leaving the markings to you too - though I'd like a couple of accent markings the way you have the leaves on Comeback, in whatever motif you think suits best (i.e. not necessarily the leaves she has unless you think that's best).

Pet: Something cute, probby. That's not a foxbun 'cos somehow I've ended with a ton of them.
:: Frame
Frame
Type :: Acha Buck

...the white tiger...

QUEST STATUS: GOT!!! YAY!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH REJAM I LOVE YOU

Brief Bio: Fear has started mention of his elder brother once or twice, always abruptly terminating his narrative without explication. Fanciful rumours have built up the figure of a fine Acha buck with ice-blue eyes that burn in the forests of the night, the cruelest laugh, who steps the dance of death. Rumours, of course - until one day a mysterious figure looms on the outskirts of the Royal Rainbow encampment...and, as it happens, some rumours do prove true...

(Essentially, the one thing Fear actually does thoroughly fear. Shows up to mess with his mind and destroy his confidence in his ability and create drama for the Royal Rainbow Troupe.)

Request Details: Literally a white tiger version of Fear - like, just move Fear's stripes to a white base, change the stripe-colour a bit (I was thinking of a more brown-striped white tiger, kinda like this), change eye-colour, call it a day and I'd be happy. XD
:: Terrible Charm
Terrible Charm
Type :: Kimeti Buck

...the leader...

"Enjolras était un jeune homme charmant, capable d’être terrible.
Il était angéliquement beau."
- Tome III, Livre quatrième, Chapitre I

The violence, terrible, premeditated, echoing;
the blood that pooled gleamed darkly, grim -
the silver sheen held strange, certain charm:
the vow of oncoming dawn.

QUEST STATUS: Alternating between desire and despair.

Brief Bio: Terrible Charm awoke from his dream with single-minded purpose: to raise up the wretched of the Swamp, the helpless, the hungry, the weak. He studied the lives of downtrodden Swamp-denizens, intervening with a hoof where he could, for some time before concluding that change could not be achieved without allies, thus sallying forth to find like-minded souls to join in his crusade, forming the tribe that would come to be known as 'The Friends,' most commonly, 'of the Abased'.

Request Details: The Enjolras I'm questing is technically book!Enjolras (with the movie barricade!outfit since it's pretty time-accurate and refs the musical), who was my first big favourite character at age 9. The problem is that Hugo is pretty big on how ANGELICALLY BEAUTIFUL he is, which is something that didn't really strike me at age 9 but is pretty embarrassing to quest now. But it wouldn't be book!Enjolras if he weren't angelically beautiful so here we go...

Edits:
- Complete scale and beard removal (Gavroche calls him 'smoothface' in the novel as an insult, so, haha)
* I don't need horn removal, but if the horns end up sticking awkwardly out of the hair I'd rather them removed - not necessary otherwise, though!
- Hair edit that's essentially like the Sainte Ciel style, floofy, buoyant waves that curl around the face, parted on his left (like shown in avi).
- Tail edit that matches the hair
- The default buck eyes are already pretty good for the 'thoughtful reflection of his eyes' look, but if an eye edit strikes you for this I'd love it.
- Is it possible to have or intimate long eyelashes that sweep forward? Just ignore this if it clashes, it's just a book description thing. 8D;;

Colors/Marking:
- Base colour white (face/body base - i.e. in place of human 'skin colour'), markings based off movie!Enjolras' outfit, however interpreted. Angelic motifs welcome.
- Blond hair, blue eyes, pretty much like the avi
- He was supposed to have rosy cheeks and slightly reddened eyelids, so some blushing/eyeshadow around those

Just...generally...angelically beautiful. ಠ_ಠ

Hugo's List of Superlatives (i.e. visual description in the book):
- He was a charming young man, capable of being terrible. He was angelically beautiful.
- You would have said, seeing the thoughtful reflection of his eyes, that he had already, in some preceding existence, been through the revolutionary apocalypse.
- He had a deep eye, slightly red lids, thick underlip, readily disdainful...
- [He] had an exceedingly youthful look, as fresh as a young girl's...already a man, he still seemed a child.
- The body of a page, long fair lashes, blue eyes, that hair flying in the wind, rosy cheeks, pure lips, exquisite teeth...
- And with a majestic movement the slender young man of twenty...
- Pale, his neck bare, his hair flying, Enjolras with his woman's face, had at that moment some inexpressible quality of the ancient Themis.
- This severe young man, executioner and priest, luminous like the crystal and rock also.
- Then, fresh and rosy in the growing whiteness of the morning.
- Suddenly he raised his head, his fair hair fell back like that of the angel on his somber chariot of stars.
- And a tear rolled slowly down Enjolras' marble cheek.
- His beauty, augmented at that moment by his dignity, was resplendent.
- A National Guard who was aiming at Enjolras dropped his weapon, saying, "It is as though I'm about to shoot a flower."

...A flower, y'all.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:17 am
:: ??? PROFIT ::

(whoops outdated)

Who Watches . 25th December 2011 . RLC Gift from Maxx

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
From Dawn . 3rd November 2011 . Gold Bribe - Twins | First Strike . 3rd October 2011 . Semi-slot Raffle
Lonesome for No One . 20th September 2011 . Gold Bribe

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You Come Around . 29th May 2011 . Pet Trade | All I See . 4th April 2011 . Art Contest Win-swap w/ Maxx
Moonfrost-like-Ashes . 11th January 2011 . Pet Trade Suprise from Maxx (growing)

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Quests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas