Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Compare IPs - anti-mule device Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

IP comparison as a mule detector:
  AYE! Awesome idea!
  NAY! I don't need it.
View Results

DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

O.G. Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:36 pm
i am personally opposed to this as well, me and my bro and lil sis all live in at the same address, if they joined your guild it would show 3 accts at one ip address making it look like mule accts
that is why we all join separate guilds and then there is one guild where we all go to compare notes
plus as far as i know tracking ip addresses is illegal without a warrant. in this thread it was mentioned that law enforcement uses such a tool
THIS IS TRUE, my older bro who is also on gaia works for law enforcement . HOWEVER they also need a warrant to pinpoint an exact address
other wise it is just like others have said. it only pinpoints the general area plus you can buy internet devices that register your address in another state. my bro does this when investigating ppl. this way they cant track him to a city and or location
BOTTOM LINE this is a very bad idea and an abuse of power AND is also against gaia's tos they call it STALKING SOMEONE IRL and if they find out your doing it they will ban you

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:38 pm
I will admit that I do have 1 mule account but I have also advertised that The mule is mine but I use it once in awhile and will tell others that its really me. And if you wish to know the name of the mule it is dakarra.  

Shorty Hitsugaya

Dangerous Seeker

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:59 pm
There is nothing wrong with mule accounts. I have several. The mods all know who my mules are. I don't usually post in the forums with them unless I don't want to automatically want to start a war with the forums. Anyone sees my name and automatically someone will assume that I am going to be negative so, I might use a mule to post. (Case in point:I did on the SF thread and no one took offense to what was written because no one knew it was me. When I posted an opinion under my own username and it was not all sweet and roses, not even mean in the least, it was taken totally the wrong way. It wasn't forums vs guilds upgrades again. No, I did quote someone else who equated the Community page to looking like a guild. Then I got my head bitten off and accused of being the antagonist again. It's par for the course. )

The point is... mules have their place and come in very handy. And let's be honest, they are a great way to get lots of gold- daily chances add up quite quickly.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:11 am
mamarita
There is nothing wrong with mule accounts. I have several. The mods all know who my mules are. I don't usually post in the forums with them unless I don't want to automatically want to start a war with the forums. Anyone sees my name and automatically someone will assume that I am going to be negative so, I might use a mule to post. (Case in point:I did on the SF thread and no one took offense to what was written because no one knew it was me. When I posted an opinion under my own username and it was not all sweet and roses, not even mean in the least, it was taken totally the wrong way. It wasn't forums vs guilds upgrades again. No, I did quote someone else who equated the Community page to looking like a guild. Then I got my head bitten off and accused of being the antagonist again. It's par for the course. )

The point is... mules have their place and come in very handy. And let's be honest, they are a great way to get lots of gold- daily chances add up quite quickly.

I don't see anything bad in them either. We have problems with voting in the guild contests where suddenly new faces appear and all vote for the same person. This is strange but I cannot accuse anybody of cheating on such basis.  

Purple-eyed Dreamer

Moonlight Healer

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:06 am
Purple-eyed Dreamer
mamarita

I don't see anything bad in them either. We have problems with voting in the guild contests where suddenly new faces appear and all vote for the same person. This is strange but I cannot accuse anybody of cheating on such basis.
That could be a problem, but I let everyone know when a mule account enters a guild.. Usually it's DemonLadySesshomaru.. most people know her quite well!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:47 pm
let me make the definite end to this

YOU CAN get a rotating ip address where you can get a new ip every time you reset your computer
YOU CAN get a device that blocks ip addresses
YOU CAN get a device that shows you in a different state with little effort
plus you can also create a proxy address to log onto a mule acct with so it wont look like you

AND ALSO i created my three other mule accts one year apart and all look about as rich as me so you would never spot my mule accts anyway
so if you wanted to fool someone into believing your mule is not you , well you might be able to do that, after all it is not that hard to do anyway

so stop worrying about it people, something like this will never happen and would not be practical. and if you wanted more info on how law enforcement uses info like ip addresses contact my brother II BP13 II XIII SSC and just ask him
he works in law enforcement so thats it , the most definitive answer you can get

DIAMOND-XIII_SSC

O.G. Gaian

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:51 am
Purple-eyed Dreamer
Nie czerń lecz szarość wszędzie|
Ta nić szara się przędzie|

Hello,

due to recent problems I've had in my guild, the crew has come to an idea how to fight multiply accounts spamming our guild. The thing is, we organise a lot of contests and these are our users who vote for the winner. Most of our users are into the fair play rule. Yet there are some exceptions who have created accounts just to vote for themselves. One girl has broken the record of the number of mules, creating 13 of them. We have enough D:

So here's the deal: at first we wanted to be allowed to look at users' IP adresses so that we could know which accounts are mules. However, it's probably impossible as the IP is a part of protected personal data. We have, therefore, another idea: comparison of IPs for the guild crew.

That's how it would work: a crew member enters usernames of people that seem suspicious to them. The device compares their IPs without showing them to the crew member and only states whether they are the same or different.

What do you think of this idea? Would it be useful to you?

Ona za mną, przede mną i przy mnie...|

User Image

Myra Sao
If you have the connections you ca do this already. And it is not a sure way to determine anything. If 8 people hop onto a wifi network they share that IP address. Personal data is already being compromised. I speak from experience.

Myrs perfectly expressed my view on this idea. I think that it's a good idea, but it should be coupled with other ways to determine if an account is a Mule.

I myself can't use Duelingnetwork.com because some a*****e at the Public Library got the Anaheim Public Library System's IP Address Banned.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff