Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bungie

Back to Guilds

This is a halo guild where we talk about Halo,Halo 2,Halo 3,Halo 3 ODST,Halo Wars,Halo Reach,and the books. 

Tags: bungie, halo, halo reach, halo 3, video game 

Reply Bungie
Thing I Want to See in Future Halo Games

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DoctorE3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:59 pm
For years, Halo took a spot close to my heart, but ever since halo 3, the games didn't change much and got boring, it just went downhill from there.(except for ODST, that one was pretty good). Then one day my brother and I started talking about how Halo could be a better game in the future, this topic is about what we came up with.

Vertical Gameplay
Throughout the halo games, my brother and I noticed that wasn't much veritcal gameplay( vertical gameplay is like when the game takes you out of the usual playstyle and puts you in a situation where you have interact with the enviroment correctly to survive. For example, Getting grabbed by the Hivemind or grab tentacle in DeadSpace.) and felt like that was one of the reasons it got boring so quickly.
Duels
Let's say that while you are playing matchmaking, some noob with an energysword sneaks up on you and attemps to assassinate you. Lucky for you, he forgets that you have a radar. You spin around and find him at your a**, and you both melee at the same time. You then enter a dueling sequence, a small mini game in which you then watch your two avatars duke it out in hand to sword combat by pressing the correct buttons in order to get the upper hand. You happen to be much faster and experienced than him at this, and you overwhelm him, and kill him. This is sort of like a Gears of War syle chainsaw battle, execpt depending on the two weapons that were equiped during initiation, avatar appearance, health and enviroment, each battle will have a different animation and experience. Also just like Gears of War, each battle can be interrupted by a third party, so be careful when you decide you decide you want to add some epicness to your gameplay experience.(this is also useful for Machinima).
Counter-Assassination
Counter-Assassinating is sort of like Dueling, only difference is it can only be intitiated during an assassination by pressing the correct button shown on screen. There can also be a "Confirmed-Assassination" where the assassinator has a different button to press to make sure his/her victim cannot resist it.
Weapon Attachments
Some of are probably saying I'm ripping off COD, but saying that is like saying every single military branch on the planet is copying Battlefield, YOU CANNOT STEAL A CONCEPT FROM A GAME IF IT EXISTS IN REAL LIFE.
Killstreaks
There could be several different kinds, many which I have not come up with yet but one possibility is an ODST obrital drop. Lets say you get a high number of kills, and you unlock your ODST drop pod. You activate it and you are imediately shown a map of , well, the entire map. You select an area to drop in and you immediately spawn out in a ship in orbit(different depending on your selected avatar's speices) and get launched down to the map, and whoever happens to be in the vicinity when you land with die.You will also exit the pod with no sheilds and no health as a disadvantage(which every killstreak will have).
Armor perks and disadvantages
(Cannot finish right now)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:12 am
DoctorE3
For years, Halo took a spot close to my heart, but ever since halo 3, the games didn't change much and got boring, it just went downhill from there.(except for ODST, that one was pretty good). Then one day my brother and I started talking about how Halo could be a better game in the future, this topic is about what we came up with.

Vertical Gameplay
Throughout the halo games, my brother and I noticed that wasn't much veritcal gameplay( vertical gameplay is like when the game takes you out of the usual playstyle and puts you in a situation where you have interact with the enviroment correctly to survive. For example, Getting grabbed by the Hivemind or grab tentacle in DeadSpace.) and felt like that was one of the reasons it got boring so quickly.
Duels
Let's say that while you are playing matchmaking, some noob with an energysword sneaks up on you and attemps to assassinate you. Lucky for you, he forgets that you have a radar. You spin around and find him at your a**, and you both melee at the same time. You then enter a dueling sequence, a small mini game in which you then watch your two avatars duke it out in hand to sword combat by pressing the correct buttons in order to get the upper hand. You happen to be much faster and experienced than him at this, and you overwhelm him, and kill him. This is sort of like a Gears of War syle chainsaw battle, execpt depending on the two weapons that were equiped during initiation, avatar appearance, health and enviroment, each battle will have a different animation and experience. Also just like Gears of War, each battle can be interrupted by a third party, so be careful when you decide you decide you want to add some epicness to your gameplay experience.(this is also useful for Machinima).
Counter-Assassination
Counter-Assassinating is sort of like Dueling, only difference is it can only be intitiated during an assassination by pressing the correct button shown on screen. There can also be a "Confirmed-Assassination" where the assassinator has a different button to press to make sure his/her victim cannot resist it.
Weapon Attachments
Some of are probably saying I'm ripping off COD, but saying that is like saying every single military branch on the planet is copying Battlefield, YOU CANNOT STEAL A CONCEPT FROM A GAME IF IT EXISTS IN REAL LIFE.
Killstreaks
There could be several different kinds, many which I have not come up with yet but one possibility is an ODST obrital drop. Lets say you get a high number of kills, and you unlock your ODST drop pod. You activate it and you are imediately shown a map of , well, the entire map. You select an area to drop in and you immediately spawn out in a ship in orbit(different depending on your selected avatar's speices) and get launched down to the map, and whoever happens to be in the vicinity when you land with die.You will also exit the pod with no sheilds and no health as a disadvantage(which every killstreak will have).
Too close to C.O.D  

Maikeru Yorudan

7,050 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100

BWO TwinswordS
Captain

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:17 pm
Maikeru Yorudan
DoctorE3

Vertical Gameplay
Duels
Counter-Assassination
Weapon Attachments
Killstreaks
Too close to C.O.D

Thats what I was just about to say  
Bungie

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out