Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Character Profiles
High Notes ----->> PROFILES

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:10 pm
To the Rp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:05 pm
"If you saw Liam around, I didn't do anything."
User Image
Young August
"Hey, wussup'?"
My name is...... August Avery White
But you can call me... Eh...I've had lots of nicknames.
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born 18 years ago.
Swing this way... Bi-Sexual
Moving on up... Senior
I'm so Special! Singer; though I play a mean saxaphone, yes I do.
Made in.... Baton Rogue, Louisianna; USA
Digging deeper... An unconscious flirt, a completely conscious tease and more of an optomist then most people would like; if you've ever met my brother Liam, you can basically just switch us around and you've got me. Actually, speaking of Liam, well....let's just not, okay? We've had some really rough patches growing up, and while it's not that I completely hate him, I'd still rather just not focus on what he does all that much. I mean it's bad enough that as much as I can dislike him sometimes I still have this horrendous connection to him; hell, we've been sleeping in the same room and bed since we were what, five? But thankfully in terms of personality we aren't all that similar; between the two of us, I tend to be much kinder, much more friendly and open with my affections; you want a hug, you've got one. Actually, you'll probably get one even if you don't. That being said, I tend to get distracted pretty easilly and lose my focus a lot, which frustrates me; I don't exactly have the longest strands of patience, as I hope you'll never find out since when I get like that I tend to get a little bit violent. And let's not even talk about when I'm legitimately angry; when I was younger I used to beat up bikers for fun. It's something I'm working really hard to control these days, but everyone slips up from time to time; just try not to be in the immediate vicinity when it happens, unless you're one of those people who are legitimately close to me.
A tale of tragedy.... Not really sure where to start, exactly; I was born down south, in Baton Rogue; I testify that my Mom makes the best damn pot of gumbo I'll ever have, and my Dad (still) makes his living as a food critic (he also gives the gumbo a stellar reveiw, heh). Life was fairly average for me but I could have been better about growing up; born two seconds after my brother Liam, I always felt, in a way, that I was living in his shadow. Didn't matter that we were nothing alike, that there wasn't even an hour of distance between us; every time Liam accomplished something I felt the need to do better, to outshine him. I didn't even have singing to be my own talent; we both had to be equally good at it, to the point where I could never get ahead. That didn't bode well for me in any way at all; to this day my family doesn't know how it happened, but I got really.....violent....after figuring out that I couldn't beat him. Started picking fights everywhere I could with people twice my size; even slugged Liam once or twice and didn't care what the consequences would end up being. But as it happened, my unfortuante impulses were actually what ended up saving me for a while; see, after getting injured something awful I stumbled into this jazz club and met a man who taught me how to play the saxaphone after saying that I was stupid to let my fists dictate my life. It really turned my life around; instead of picking scraps I started hanging out around the jazz club a lot. Got really good at the saxaphone in my own right, thought maybe I could make a living out of it.

Then the family just packed up and moved to France; France, of all places! Something about Dad being asked to critique for this really exclusive resteraunt, but lord was I pissed. Went right back into fighting all the time as soon as we hit European soil; I was about thirteen at the time, I think. it got to the point where my parents really didn't know what to do, so they just settled on leaving me alone. Liam was the only one who seemed to know otherwise. I remember on our fourteenth birthday he cornered me, railed me something awful for how I'd been treating myself and worrying Mom and Dad. Then he gave me a saxaphone; said he'd been by that club before, heard me playing, and that he thought I had a lot of promise. He said he was sorry for ever making me feel inferior. And while I didn't accept his apologies at first, after a while the tension started to ease away; I like to think I'm a better person for what I went through, for the choices I've made and the turns I've taken; now I hardly mind the fact that Liam and I are talented in the same way, and in our last year at Cornell. Because when you think about it, we really aren't that similar at all. And that's a reassurance I'll never get over.

Tools of the trade... Well I've always got my saxaphone with me, tucked away in its case along with some sheet music. My boyfriend got me a saxaphone charm necklace, too; I wear it all the time.
I really enjoy... Well I still practice my saxaphone whenever I can, with almost as much if not more effort then I train my voice. I can play video games with the best of them, and I'm still trying to get Mom to teach me that damn gumbo recipie. Hasn't worked yet...*Sighs*
Love it! Any kind of music (my favorite is jazz, obviously), pretty women, handsome men, spicy, southern foods, big dogs, warm weather, Liam (it's complicated), the parents, stupid comedy, attention (but not an excessive amount), chocolate milk and whole bunch of other stuff I can't be bothered to think of.
Eew, Nasty! Birds (mostly pigeons), cold weather, Liam (it's complicated), fangirls (damn, those girls are scary sometimes), losing control and getting violent, misconceptions about Southerners.
Turn it up!
Do you Remember // Jay Sean ft. Sean Paul, lil' John
Never knew I Needed // Ne-Yo
Down in New Orleans

Sssh, don't tell! I've kind of got a temper...left over from when I was younger. It flares up a lot more then I'd like. I try to keep it under control as best I can, though, honest!
In Denial Sorry, but I'm off the market; got a boyfriend~
Am I forgetting something...? Even though Liam and I have some real family issues to work out, we're good in matching each other pitch wise so it's not uncommon for us to work as a pair in terms of vocals. Did you know he can rap? It's pretty crazy.
My lord, god and master is Yoko_Matsubishi  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:02 pm
"If Patience is a virtue, then I must be a Saint."
User Image
"......what?"
My name is...... Liam Ethan White
But you can call me... Liam. Nothing else.
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born 18 years ago.
Swing this way... Heterosexual (straight)
Moving on up... Senior.
I'm so Special! I'm a singer...I've filled in a few times for the theatre section but it's not my thing, really..
Made in.... Baton Rogue, Louisianna; USA
Digging deeper... Over the years I've found that the easiest wayto get any sort of grip on my personality is to stand side by side with my brother, August; whatever I am, he isn't, and whatever he's incapable of doing I seem to excell at. In terms of how I choose to display myself, I most often am the quieter of the two of us; I don't like talking unless I feel the need to, or I am adressed with a meaningful question, and anything less then intelligent convrsation will be largely ignored because honestly, I don't like wasting time, especially not my own. A lot of people have perceived me as cold and unapproachable, but that might be jut because I don't..what's the word, "shine" as brightly as August, or have that charisma that allows me to just throw whatever I'm doing aside for something stupid. You might call it be borish; I call it being smart. However, in terms of a more reflective process I'm far more patient then by brother, capable of surviving the immense pressures that often come with not only my standing but looking after him (even if I don't care for him all the time, we still sleep in the same bed so there's a connection that will probably never be broken all the way); this also makes me a better listener, despite the fact that I can't usually be bothered by it. And while I may appear to be the oppsite, I'm far less violent then August; case and point, you won't see me running around with a rusted pipe.
A tale of tragedy.... Honestly I don't know why you're asking me all of this when you get a much more animated story from my brother, but whatever. I was born in the middle of a southern summer night, down in Baton Rogue to a stay at home mother and a food critic father (I think his taste buds are biased thanks to all of mom's gumbo), just a few minutes before my sibling, August. From the get go we never really got along; see we were always the same in everything, from our appearances to our singing to the fact that we were always trying to outdo each other...? Well, maybe not; see I was more then happy to just appreciate the skills I'd been given. August didn't see things in the same light at all; it was like, everything I did, any accomplishment I made, he had to do better or do nothing at all. It didn't turn out well when he realized he couldn't do it; how do you think I felt, watching my brother come home every day covered in cuts and blood that wasn't even his half the time? So I had to grow up pretty quickly to compensate for his behavior, to keep mom sane when dad wasn't home to do it himself. Means I missed out on a lot of things, thanks to August; but I never blamed him. If anything, I sympathized with him for the two of us being so similar. At least, I THOUGHT we were similar until one day when August skipped out on us and I found him playing the saxaphone in some jazz club. He was good; really good. And I though great, as long as it'll keep him from getting beat up, and beating others up too. And then things went to hell again, once the family moved to Paris; see Dad had gotten this great opportunity to be a food critic for a really high end resteraunt. August didn't take it so well, and in less then a year he was back to beating people up, to getting in fights.

Well as I'm sure you can imagine, I wasn't about to have that again; when we both turned fourteen I cornered him, my brother, and pretty much slapped the hell out of him. After all, after what he'd done to us as a family unit he rightly deserved it. Then I gave him his birthday present; at first he seemed pretty suspicious of the saxaphone but I told him what I'd seen a few years earlier, how I thought he should keep going with it. Sure, he took it and all but he didn't seem to want to thank me for it; but that's alright. Now that we've gone through so much together, both at home and at Cornell, I think he's finally gotten over it. And sure, things are still pretty tense between us most of the time, but anything is better then nothing at all.

Tools of the trade... Honestly, I don't keep much on me besides my phone; which is hardly ever on so don't bother making excessive calls. I always keep a spare pair of glasses on me...just in case.
I really enjoy... When I'm not traning my vocals or (unwillingly) filling in for the theatre, I tend to just keep my distance. Usually you can find me reading.
Love it! Almost every type of music, historical films and documentaries, southern food (though I'm not as obsessed with it as August), big dogs, hearing August play the saxaphone, chess and any sort of logical activity. Horror movies amuse me (they don't scare me in the slightest), and I enjoy almost any kind of literature. Sometimes I like August...sometimes I don't.
Eew, Nasty!I hate warm, humid weather; it makes my hair curl in unfortuante ways, but I don't like overly cold spots, either..It's best not to wake me up earlier then necessary because I tend to get snappy when that happens. Overly sweet foods, pigeons. Sometimes I like August...sometimes I don't. Fangirls...women ae damn scary.
Turn it up!
Do you Remember // Jay Sean ft. Sean Paul, lil' John
Wait for You // Elliot Yamin
Down in New Orleans

Sssh, don't tell! Had glasses when I was younger....I hated the damn things so I switched to contact lenses.
In Denial .......
Am I forgetting something...? You know, even though August and I have some issues, we actually sing pretty well together so when pairings come up it's a no-brainer. He's got that southern growl to his voice; helps with the lower stuff, I'll admit.
My lord, god and master is Whitefiregirl  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:05 pm
"Once you've hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up."
User Image
"Oh, can I help you?" *smiles politely*
My name is...... Penelope Rose Faust
But you can call me... Pen
I am obviously a... Female
And I was born Seventeen years ago.
Swing this way... Straight
Moving on up... Junior
I'm so Special! Creative Writing
Made in.... Wadena; Minnesota; USA
Digging deeper... Cheery and bright, the only thing Pen ever sees is a silver lining, not the dark cloud that always comes with it. She's an optimist, and although it can get a little annoying, she really just wants those around her to be happy. She's a little childish, running around and goofing off. Some even say she's eccentric, but her defense is that all the best writers were. She's stubborn when she needs to be, and often times quite reckless, never really thinking things through, despite how clever she can be. Pen has a bad habit of getting into trouble, though usually it finds her, not the other way around. She's clumsy and not that smart book wise, but she's loving and caring, and wouldn't think twice when it comes to a friend in need. Pen always puts others before herself, and sometimes neglects herself because of it. She's prone to illness, but even so she refuses to be slowed down. And even if she's a sweet, polite, kind girl, she's surprisingly raunchy, not afraid to swear or made a crude remark.
A tale of tragedy.... Growing up in Minnesota was nothing remarkable. Pen had a working mother and father, along with a younger brother that she fought with most of the time, but loved dearly anyways. They went to public school, and both got average grades (though Pen's younger brother always got higher grades than she...). They both had a normal set of friends, and took part in normal school acitivites.

It wasn't until her younger brother took a liking to a very unworthy role-model that things got a little interesting. When her younger brother started to constatly talk about some guy named Lukas, and how he was 'so cool' and he wanted to be 'just like him', Pen looked into it. Turned out Lukas was a 'troubled kid', as the teachers had put it. Always getting into trouble, causing fights, running off, ditching class. Defenitely not the type of kid she wanted her brother hanging around. So, mustering up all of her sisterly courage, she told this Lukas kid off. He was so surprised that someone, a girl at that, would come up to him and yell at him, as he was pretty scary, that he yelled right back. That was their first of many arguements, as the two were friends ever since.

It was actually Lukas that exposed Pen. Up until a few years ago, no one knew she even wrote. She'd done a pretty good job of keeping it to herself. But, one day, Lukas managed to get his hands on her journal, and submitted it to the local newspaper. They ran her story, and it was a hit. It even garnered the attention of the local, and soon national, news. t first she was horrified, but when she recieved the letter from Cornell Academy, an invitation to attend their school, she soon got over it. Especially when Lukas revealed he would be attending as well, and had also contacted the school.

It's been a year since Pen started Cornell; enough time for her to be comfortable around the campus and town, and for her to squash the majority of the rumors that she and Lukas were dating. If anything, he was more like a brother. Even so, it's rare to see one without the other.

Tools of the trade... Pen generally carries around whatever notebook she's currently trying to fill up, a pencil, and a pen (hence her nickname).
I really enjoy... Writing (gee, that's a shock), walking, soccer football
Love it! Books, most flowers, the winter, people-watching, sweets
Eew, Nasty! Bees, the heat, sudden loud noises (explosions and such), the water, prejudice
Turn it up! Here Comes the Sun - Beatles
Sssh, don't tell! Although she grew up in the Land of 10,000 Lakes, Pen can't swim.
In Denial She liked August for awhile, but of course, the cute ones are always gay, aren't they? So no one.
Am I forgetting something...? Nope~
My lord, god and master is Reku1495  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:10 pm
"Sound is touch... from a distance"
User Image
Before Accident
"Hello, I wasn't aware that you were there..."
My name is...... Kanon Nishiuri
But you can call me... Just Kanon....
I am obviously a... girl
And I was born 17 years ago.
Swing this way... heterosexual
Moving on up... Senior
I'm so Special! Electric Guitar - but I backed down to Bass Guitar after the accident. I'm also capable of singing
Made in.... Sapporo, Japan
Digging deeper... Now, let's go over how Kanon was before the accident. People who didn't know her thought that she was just a cute, timid little girl. But to be blunt, people who knew her said that she had the mindset of a little hyperactive girl who wanted to act like a big kid. She was big on her own sense of "fashion" which usually just consisted of thigh highs, a short skirt, and a shirt. Kanon was pretty much all over the place. One moment, she could be staring in awe at a trench coat in the store window, and next she could be drooling at a cake in a bakery window just across the street. She was an optimistic child, upbeat, smiling at pretty much everyone and anything. That is, as long as it wasn't caramel. Kanon loved the spotlight, and always took up the chance to perform if it ever was hinted to her.

After the accident, Kanon has visibly mellowed down and matured a lot, no longer the very energetic smile-filled girl she was once before. A mere shell of her younger self, even her clothing choices had changed to a simple T-shirt and a pair of jeans (ranging lengths, from boot cut to short shorts). The traits that remained with Kanon are her stubborn streak and her hardworking nature. Once she puts her mind to a decision or something, she'll stay with it, no matter what. Her hardworking nature is also thanks to her stubbornness. Kanon is the proud top student in the Modern Music Department, she worked hard (and still is) to get herself up to that position. After the accident, even though she's blind, she doubled, even tripled her efforts to stay at the top. Even though she hasn't performed at a concert since that unfateful day, she doesn't want to yield her position at the top to anyone until after she graduates.

More things to note about Kanon is that she tends to get lost frequently, although she won't ever admit to it. Also, you have to speak to her first, as she won't know that you're there unless you speak up and say something to her. Since she had grown up and pretty much relied on the White brothers for emotional support (another thing she won't readily admit), they tend to overlook her a lot, more then half the time not noticing that she isn't around, resulting in Kanon feeling a bit lonely and neglected at times. During those times, she'll just immerse herself in guitar playing and will shut out anything, or anyone else. If you ever interrupt her during those moments, be sure to get a snappy reply.

A tale of tragedy.... One thing you should know about Kanon is that she's blind. No, she wasn't born blind. She became blind after a car accident when her childhood friend, Liam, was driving. She just happened to be the unlucky one and be on the side that was hit. Since then, Kanon had made pretty much a 180 degree turn on life. Rewinding a bit - Kanon's mother had died giving birth to her, her father was the president of an important corporation back in Japan and didn't really want to mess around with his daughter. So she was living a life of, well, a gypsy for lack of a better term. Sent to live with different relatives until she settled into a semi-steady life, where she meet the boys and pretty much clicked with them. Having not experienced a lot of family relationships - she sees them as brothers.
Tools of the trade... Bass Guitar is pictured up above - along with my head set which I wear about 24/7 (if it's not clamped around my ears - then it's around my neck)
I really enjoy... Playing on my bass guitar or singing. I'll admit it's hard to learn new songs now, but I still try hard.
Love it! The White brothers (as friends get that through your head! They're pretty much the brothers I don't have), Chocolate, Autumn, Winter, as well as performing but I never held a concert after the accident...
Eew, Nasty! Anyone who insults the brothers, being treated like a fragile thing, white chocolate, caramel, "bad" music (including, but not limited to; rap, and hard rock)
Turn it up! Gimme All Your Love, Sugar Guitar & Stay Away
Sssh, don't tell! I don't like being blind - then again, who does? I just pretend I'm fine so that Liam can lighten up.
In Denial The brothers? Psh! That's very funny! What? I'm not denying anything! Now leave me alone! (She used to have a boyfriend, but he was being a bit too... obsessive and broke it off with him before he got her first kiss. To put things gently, August beat him away with a stick once he found out)
Am I forgetting something...? Before the accident, I left my hair long and pulled it up in a ponytail. I cut it afterwards to manage it easier.
My lord, god and master is ll Yuna-Chan ll  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:07 am
"Silence is golden."
User Image
Young Taylor
"U-um...h-hello...."
My name is...... Taylor Sharpe
But you can call me... Taylor, Tay
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born Seventeen years ago.
Swing this way... Bi-sexual, leaning more to the homosexual side
Moving on up... Junior
I'm so Special! Drawing;; especially fashion stuff. He wants to become a fashion designer; sortta.
Made in.... Bucharest, Romania
Digging deeper... Taylor is a very shy person. He's quiet, and hardly ever socializes with people unless they're really close to him. Usually, he's level-headed, and thinks before he acts or speaks, the latter being very rare due to his meek nature. He's mild and gentle, because he is the oldest sibling of seven in his family and the only male child. But there is also a part of him which is slightly violently possessive of the people who are important to him, especially his boyfriend. In this case, he can get jealous rather easily.
A tale of tragedy.... As said above, Taylor [or, well, Tiberius Virgil Skender] was born in Bucharest, Romania, and would soon become the eldest sibling of seven, as well as the only brother. His father died when he was ten years old, and his mother had to work four times as hard to feed all of them. But they were still poor and of a lower class society, and his mother was forced to become a prostitute. Stress grew, and Taylor had to protect his little sisters from his mother's assaults of anger on her children. It wasn't long before Taylor decided that enough was enough. He confronted his mother, but it was probably the worst choice of his life. She tried to drown him when he was twelve; which is why he fears water so much. After that incident, he grew slightly meeker, and always took the brunt of the attacks from his mother to keep his sisters safe.

As he was growing up, he started noticing the things around him; the little things, the things that didn't look important but were always there. He started sketching them; drawing them out and putting them together as a storybook for his sisters. One day, an art master found him and saw his skills, offering him a chance to really learn art. But Taylor couldn't just leave his family, namely his sisters [he didn't really care about his mother, who had become an alcoholic, anymore], behind. But the man offered to take them all in, if only Taylor would promise that he would pursue his dream of drawing. Taylor agreed, and the eight of them traveled to France; and Taylor was enrolled into Cornell Academy. Immediately, things went wrong from the moment he stepped foot in the Academy. He knew little of the languages, since all he could speak was his native Romanian tongue. But his adoptive father, as Taylor had now come to know him, was patient and understanding, teaching him everything he needed to know. The man's wife was also kind to him and his sisters; and his mother never came looking for him.

Tools of the trade... He always carries an assortment of pencils and erasers, and a sketchpad around. He also has a musical note charm neckless which August got for him and he never takes it off. He freaks out if it's not on his neck.
I really enjoy... Sketching, listening to August play/sing, painting, and, occasionally, writing lyrics, when the mood strikes him.
Love it! A good, clean canvas, sketches that come out the way he wants them to.
Eew, Nasty! People ogling August, August's fan-girls, people watching him sketch, artist's block.
Turn it up! เพลงที่ฉันไม่ได้แต่ง - No More Tear
Sssh, don't tell! He's very afraid of losing August, but he does his best not to be possessive/paranoid. He's also deathly afraid of drowning.
In Denial I'm already taken; my boyfriend's August
Am I forgetting something...? N/A
My lord, god and master is Hunter Crawl  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:55 pm
"Yes, my people built the pyramids. No, they weren't made by aliens."
User Image
*Waves*
My name is...... Anippe Bast
But you can call me... Ann, Annie
I am obviously a... Female
And I was born 16 years ago.
Swing this way... Heterosexual (straight)
Moving on up... Sophomore
I'm so Special! Acting! I love it. I can dance, but the stage is my true passion.
Made in.... Cairo, Egypt
Digging deeper... About as normal as a sixteen year old girl can be, I suppose; generally I'm very friendly and upbeat with an all emcompassing sense of humor so I always try to find the best in everything, no matter what it is. Thanks to how I grew up I'm a very hard worker and exceptionally focused, which helps in acting; if I start something I'll always see it to the end. This can result in my unintentionally ignoring people sometimes, especially when I'm studying a script, and if startled I tend to instinctively swing a fist, but I promise I'd never try to hurt anyone on purpose! Very family oriented; those I care about will always have my undying trust, even if it may not be well placed since I've been called guillible a time or two. I try to be as composed as possible; who doesn't? But when I'm around, say, the boy I like, or do something stupid I get all nervous and start to stutter; it's a bad habit, and one I'm trying to break.
A tale of tragedy.... Oh, so you want to know about me? Well I was born in Cairo; yes, that's in Egypt, into a very poor and very large family. We didn't have much, and what we had was split as equally as possible in a very small house between my mother, who worked as a housekeeper, my father who made a living as a fisherman, and my three brothers, two sisters and I. All in all, a family of eight, who were lucky enough as it was to get sandals twice a year. Not many of us ever thought we'd be able to get out of our situation, so we did the best we could, getting jobs before we even knew the entire alphabet; mine was assisting a local stage group, who enertained the wealthier members of society. From a very young age I was fascinated with the whole procession of acting; of how putting on a different character could be like stepping into an entirely new version of the self. I loved the costumes, the lights, the atmosphere. One of the head actors noticed this, and took me under his wing; when the troupe wasn't performing, whenever I could get away I learned from him. By the time I was ten I was a major fixture in many of the troupe's plays and skits; not everyone liked that a little girl was upstaging them, but I didn't care. As long as I could act, and my parents and siblings could be proud of me, then I was happy. But it was still clearly apparent that Egypt wasn't the best environment for anyone to flourish creatively; the acting troupe found funding to go to Paris, and asked if I wanted to come as well. But I couldn't leave my family behind, and so until I was thirteen I remained in Egypt, still incredibly poor.

Something incredible changed that all; turned out my father, while out fishing, had saved a man from drowning in the deepest part of the Nile. That man turned out to be one of the richest individuals in Egypt, and in his gratitude he gave our family more then enough money to leave our impoverished lifestyle behind in favor of living more comfortably. He suggested Paris, saying that he had seen me in a previous play from my old troupe, and reccomended I try to attend Cornell Academy for the Arts. I was inredibly skeptical of my chances to get in, but somehow I managed it. The changes and the culture shock have been immense, but for the chance to better not only my life, but the lives of my entire family...I'm very grateful.

Tools of the trade... Well, actors have to have scripts, right? I'm usually carrying around one of those and a recorder to practice lines.
I really enjoy... Acting is my life, so I'm always at rehearsals. I like cooking though, too; now that I'm out of Egypt I have a lot more ingredients to work with.
Love it! Anything to do with the stage, sweet foods, my family, changes in the weather which didn't really happen back home, Egytian mythology, my fellow actors and actresses. What else...? I like cats; our family has two back at home, and I'm not above a good book from time to time.
Eew, Nasty! Being looked down upon thanks to my background, bugs, spicy foods, horror films, and those stupid people who think Egypt had anything to with Aliens.
Turn it up!
Just can't wait to be King // Allstar Weekend Cover
Kingdom Dance

Sssh, don't tell! (Any secrets or fears your character has)
In Denial August is reeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy cute~ I know he has a boyfriend, but I can't help it.
Am I forgetting something...? Um...nothing~
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:00 pm
"Do you want an honest answer?"
User Image
Salutations
My name is...... Tiberius Black
But you can call me... Ti, Tibbers
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born Eighteen years ago.
Swing this way... Heterosexual
Moving on up... Senior
I'm so Special! Painting and Drawing in different forms. Dabbles a little into music and dance but he is not good with either of them.
Made in.... Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Digging deeper... Overall Ti is a decent person who tries to see the good in people but rarely does. He is not afraid to express his emotions like other guys. This leads to the two of his flaws. He is overtly honest and blunt, about every matter. So be careful of what question you ask him as you might hear an answer you didn't want too. This can also lead to some hurtful comments but it is rarely his intentions. He does not go out into the world in search of enemies. When it comes down to his actions, some would say they are silly, others sweet and caring. This is because deep down on the inside Ti is nothing more then a big softly with a large heart. It is also worth mentioning that his mind is in the gutter more often then not. So he often sees a sexual side to many if not all comments and on occasion he tries to explain it to people.
A tale of tragedy.... Tiberius has lead a rather normal life when compared to everyone else. He was born into a family of four, five if you include him. He had two older siblings who had left the house, years ago to pursue their own goals. Although his older brother still remains his largest influence. He got him into gaming, electronic music and art. As he grew up he mostly doodled on scrap pieces of paper and it caught the attention of a number of people. It seemed he had a natural talent but to him it was nothing more then a way to pass sometime. When the time came to pick a school, his mother suggest they find a place where his talents could grow despite his father's dislike for the arts. Eventually he ended up in Cornell Academy. His first few years went over well, although he didn't make a lot of friends if any. He knows a number of people but is he close to any of them, not really. Among other things he has also started to second guess him self when it comes down to art as a carrier choice. It is hard to get into the field and job might not be stable. He might end up like his father as a computer programmer in the future or a teacher.
Tools of the trade... A laptop, drawing tablet and stylist. A jade lion necklace given to him by his older brother. Cellphone, mp3 with massive headphones.
I really enjoy... Videogames (which he is addicted too), walking, drawing, watching movies
Love it! Sleeping in, personal freedom, making people smile, winter, a cold breeze, a good song, traveling
Eew, Nasty! Too many rules, having to wake up early, homework, being forced to do something, annoying people
Turn it up! Nubbinownz - Something on my Face
Sssh, don't tell! Has a rather large stash of adult material hidden away of course.
In Denial No one as of this moment
My lord, god and master is RastkoB  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:07 pm
"You can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways"
User Image
Another view
"Can You Leave? I'm trying my best to ignore you"
My name is...... Ryder Denzel Booker
But you can call me... Ryder
I am obviously a... Male
Moving on up... Junior
I'm so Special! Dancing
Made in.... London, England
Digging deeper... Ryder is a blunt, sarcastic, man who is very straight to the point. On the inside though, he's honest and just looking out for those around him. It's hard for him to show it, but his kindness is somewhere. Being rude is a way he covers it up, if you bump into him he'll hit you with words like "Hey! careful where you're going!". He has the idea that shouting gets his point across. Still, he is a man, an agressive one too. So he won't mind placing his fist in your face. He's not afraid to speak his mind out, and he doesn't like to socialize either. Although, he is still very considerate of everyone around him, and doesn't mind helping out or spoiling someone. He will complain and grumble about it at first, being the stubborn man he is.
A tale of tragedy.... Ryder has always been moved around from one place to another, always in Europe. Even if he was born in London, England. He practically grew up in Britain, so he did develop an accent. His parents were French and Italian, so he developed those languages at an early stage of childhood, as well as English of course. Anyways, he always found himself snapping, tapping, or swaying his body to any kind of music he listened to. Which was a very broad variety since his parents listened to different genres. So, he asked his parents to enroll him in dancing class. From Classical to street Break dancing, he learned them all. He just doesn't dance when asked or commanded to.
Tools of the trade... He carries Tap dancing shoes sometimes. You can always find him with an Ipod or a hoodie though.
I really enjoy... Dancing, Reading, Sleeping, Sports, and Cooking
Love it! A Good Book, A Nice Day, Being Alone, Nice Music, Thai Tea, Strawberry Smoothies, and Hoodies
Eew, Nasty!Formal Attire, Being told What to do, Being bothered, Clingy people, Coffee, and Sweets
Turn it up!Discotheque Love
Sssh, don't tell! When in a relationship, he will pour his heart into the girl he loves. Spoiling her to no end even if it doesn't seem like it. He's also quite the romantic and caring, it's hard for him to show that though.
In Denial Why Bother with Love?
Am I forgetting something...? Ryder may come off as really rude, but again he's really looking out for everyone around him. He also may seem like the best dancer, and girls love it when the school makes him dance without his shirt, but it's really difficult to get him to do the activity the way the others want him to. In order to make him do something, he must profit in some way. Although not the sharpest crayon in the box, he's passing his classes with C's. Most likely because he always falls asleep in classes.
My lord, god and master is Thai_Tea_Ftw  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:42 pm
"Life is like music; it must be composed by ear, feeling, and instinct, not by rule."
User Image
”Hello…Pleasure to meet you…”
My name is...... Gabriel Solomon Athrail
But you can call me... Gabe, pretty boy
I am obviously a... Male
Swing this way... Bi-sexual, leaning more towards Homosexual.
Moving on up... Junior
I'm so Special! Classical music. Piano and violin, though my forte is the piano and always will be.
Made in.... Athens, Greece.
Digging deeper... I am a quiet person though I am not at all timid, I simply don’t trust people easily and therefore I like to keep to myself. To be blatantly honest, I suck a socializing and tend to spend my days alone with my piano. I am someone who likes to focus on the task at hand, and I am easily irritated if someone is distracting me… though I would never raise my voice. You could also say that I am a very distant person, seeing as I wont speak to someone unless I am genuinely interested in them…which is rare since the only thing I really love in this world is classical music. The only time I am truly at peace is when I am sitting at the piano with my hands resting against the ivory keys, pure bliss in my opinion. I haven’t always been a cold and distant person, as a child I was quite giving and open. But things change as people grow don’t they? And so do people… I can be a bit jumpy when nighttime comes, and I have every reason to act as I do…at least in my mind I do. People can sometimes take my silence for arrogance, and well… I am used to being bullied. I’ve never really been someone to fight back, so I just let people do as they wish and simply hope they grow tired of me quickly.
A tale of tragedy.... My life was never really that special. I was born in Athens, a beautiful Greek city, and my family loved me. Well…my mother and my uncle did, but my own father had never been really fond of me. From the moment I was born he had said I would be too soft thanks to how much I looked like my mother. On my seventh birthday my father finally decided it was time to simply leave, and well… this left my mother to fall into a pit of depression. For a while she acted as if she was fine, but then she took to drinking and eventually she started to beat me if I did not do something right. At this time I had begun taking piano lessons, and my mother would make me play for her constantly, which I happily obliged to do. The sound of the piano always calmed her, and she would stop hurting me while I played the soothing tunes. Some days it would lull her to sleep, but I would keep playing. The piano had become my passion, and it was probably evident in the way I never left the piano if I had free time. Days turned to weeks, and weeks to years. My mother… passed away due to grief and I continued to live my life as I had been, studying the piano. By now I had become cold and uncaring, someone who focused solely on the piano. I applied to Cornell academy on my seventeenth birthday, hoping for nothing but the best, and perhaps I was lucky. I moved to France and simply waited to see if I was accepted, and who would have thought they would accept a boy like me with no family to speak of?
Tools of the trade... I carry a silver pendant on me at all times, either in my coat pocket or around my neck, something to remind me of home and relax me when I play the piano in front of a large crowd.
I really enjoy... Listening to music is always nice, and reading a book when I have some time.
Love it! Animals, nighttime, music, reading, staring at the stars, silence, sweet foods, the piano of course.
Eew, Nasty! bitter things, overly bright colors, loud people, being interrupted, spiders.
Turn it up! Drifting Away
Sssh, don't tell! Terrified of spiders, and opening up to people.
In Denial ? I don't know anyone yet, so i have none.
My lord, god and master is xXxheartxlessxXx  

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:52 pm
"They say music soothes the savage beast. Well, I don't know about beasts, but it works wonders on Pen."
User Image
"...Who? Me?"
My name is...... Lukas Trey Harrison
But you can call me... Luke, though Pen teases him with 'Lu-lu'...
I am obviously a... Male
And I was born Eighteen years ago.
Moving on up... Junior
I'm so Special! Classical Piano
Made in.... Wadena; Minnesota; USA
Digging deeper... As an ex-deliquent, Lukas tends to give off a 'back the hell off' vibe, whether he tries to or not. He seems unapproachable, walking around with a scowl on his face, shoulders hunched, eyes narrowed, as if they're just waiting for someone to glare at. But he's really not like that all. He's a good guy, surprising as it is. He doesn't mind giving a hand, so long as it's not too much, and he's actually pretty good at holding conversations. However, when you talk to him, it may seem like he doesn't really care; Pen's gotten on him more than once about being monotonous andhow he needs to express himself more. Speaking of Pen, when it comes to her, they're just friends! He's uber protective, sure, but she brings out his brotherly side; caring, protective, worried. But of course, being with her hasn't erased everything from his so-called glory days. Lukas isn't above beating the crap out of someone, defacing property or skipping class. He just chooses not to do it that often, lest he get an earful from Pen.
A tale of tragedy.... Lukas knows he's one of many, and doesn't really care much to talk of his past. Some think it's sad, but there are those who've had it worse. His mother always used to say she was a magician whenever he asked her about his dad. "I said the magic words and 'poof!' he was gone." She'd say. It wasn't until later Lukas learned the magic words were 'I'm pregnant'. Especially when said by a sixteen year old. His mother dropped out to work and support them, but eventually she began drinking. And drinking. And drinking. Soon, it was like she didn't have a kid anymore. What a dream come true.

Not finding the attention children need from his mother, he took it where he could find it. He started to ditch class with his new 'friends', causing trouble where they could. Since his mother really didn't care, his behavior just got worse. He was already starting fights when he was only thriteen. Of course, it was only a year later when he met Pen. She'd come up to him eyes ablaze, and chewed him out like no one's business! He yelled back of course, but the arguement just ended in laughter. They started to hang out after that, and became very close friend. Finally, with someone who actually cared about him, he started to rein in his action and calm down a bit. He wanted to be better for Pen's sake.

When he learned about her writing skills, he couldn't let her keep it a secret. Using the skills he'd picked up over the years, he 'acquired' her journal and submitted it to the paper. He didn't really think it'd take off like it had, but hey, added bonus! Besides, it would leave her something to remember him buy. Once he'd started hanging out with Pen, he started to take up piano. Turned out he had a real talent for it. He accelled rapidly, mastering complicated pieces in just the few short years he'd been playing. He'd recieved his invitation to Cornell before Pen, but happy to hear she'd be coming with him. He had to admit, if she didn't come with, he might've turned them down.

It's his second year now, and Lukas has managed to make a few more friends. Not many, but a few. Of course, most of those friendships started with the line 'Hey, you're dating that one chick from the writing classes, right?' But he guessed he couldn't blame them; after all, Pen is who he's usually with.

Tools of the trade... Just an iPod.
I really enjoy... Playing piano (duh), trailing Pen
Love it! Music, cats, card games, fast food, winning
Eew, Nasty! Alcohol, winter, the flute, fish (as animals, not as food), pickles
Turn it up! Save the World - Swedish House Mafia
Sssh, don't tell! Although he's a brilliant muscian, Lukas hates preforming in front of large crowds. Two or three people is fine. Ten or more is way out of his comfort zone.
In Denial No.
Am I forgetting something...? Lukas smokes, but he's trying to quit. So far, he's down to two a day.
My lord, god and master is Reku1495  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:59 am
"Lightning is like fate; it rarely ever strikes with specifics in mind."
User Image
"I...Uhm, I.....I gotta go."
My name is...... Collin Mark Reece
But you can call me... People actually notice me enough for nicknames...?
I am obviously a... Male
Swing this way... .....Homosexual. *small voice*
Moving on up... Junior
I'm so Special! Classical Music, Piano; I was asked to sing, but that's too much attention for me .
Made in.... Galway, Ireland
Digging deeper... For the most part I'm pretty much invisible, and I like keeping it that way to be honest; when compared with some of the other people in the Academy it might as well be that I don't exist, and eve though I've been here for three years I'm sure only about ten percent of my fellow students can put my face with my name. I'm not exactly very comfortable in my own skin, so I don't talk much and I try my best to avoid other people as best I can, but I'm a hard worker, very determined and passionate about the things I beleive in. Because of my personality I tend to be picked on a lot, and I've learned to deal with it, to be patient and just ride out the rough patches, but there's that saying that the irish have firey tempers..? Push me too far and I WILL take a swing at you. My sense of humor is dry but it does exist, I think. I haven't used it in a long time.
A tale of tragedy.... Not much to tell, really; I was born into some fairly unintentionally suffocating circumstances, on a summer night in the town of Galway, one of two twins with the second being my sister Lucille. I don't remember very much about my mother save for that we both inherited most of our looks from her; she died shortly after childbirth from complications of having us so closely together during the birthing period, I think is what the doctors ended up saying. But I know plenty of my father; a hard working man who never allowed for slip-ups, while he could have been more affectionate with me Lucille had him wrapped around her finger for her entire life. I hated it; everything Lucille did, father would praise her, and everything I accomplished for myself, he'd pat me on the head and say something like "good job son, but you can doo better." There was none of that with Lucille, never; she was always the pretty one, the social butterfly, the shining star. I....as much as I hated to admit it, I was jealous of Lucille; she was everything I couldn't be, had no problems speaking of the things I could have never told my dad, like the fact that even though I'd already had "the talk" it didn't matter because I wasn't interested in girls. If Lucille had something to say, there wouldn't be a problem with her just shouting it out like the way she always did. And I really envied her for that. I told her as much, blew up at her, said things I will always regret saying. But I'll never get to apologize, because two days after our arguement the local law enforcement found her body floating in the river. Most said that it was thanks to a local stream of killings, the Lucille had been a victim of circumstance, but I knew better. I knew I'd hurt her, and she hadn't been able to handle it. There was no funeral ceremony; I don't think I could have been there anyway.

After that, dad just sort of fell apart; as much as he didn't want to admit it and I didn't want to beleive it, Lucille had been his whole world, his last living connection to mom even though I too shared her face. The decision for me to apply to Cornell was fairly simple at that point; Dad heard me playing piano in one of the town's local bars. It was the first time he'd smiled and praised me, not Lucille but me. We had a long talk after that, decided it would be good for both of us to spend some time apart, so we could each deal with Lucille's death in our own way. All this time apart has been good for us, I think; dad and I still talk quite often, and I'm sure he's mellowing out now. From now on we both have to do our best; and if not for ourselves, then for Lucille, who always beleived in the impossibly positive.

Tools of the trade... A small silver locket; one side has a picture of my mother, the other a picture of Lucille. I enjoy celtic knots; Lucille gave me a silver pendant of one for my brithday a few years ago before she died, so I wear it in conjuncture with the locket.
I really enjoy... Singing and playing piano, but only when nobody's around to hear me. Most of the time I prefer to be by myself, so I guess it doesn't really matter what I enjoy doing.
Love it! Being left alone, the piano, peace and quiet, irish/celtic mythology, horror movies and historical films, anything that comes from my mother country, sweet foods and handheld video games.
Eew, Nasty!Thinking of Lucille or mother, misconceptions about the irish, anything with potatos in it, loud sudden noises, attention in any form, being teased.
Turn it up!
Not over You // Gavin deGraw
I'm Alive // Becca

Sssh, don't tell! I have nightmares of Lucille constantly, so I rarely get any sleep and have become almost an insomniac. The only way I ever get to sleep is if someone sleeps in the same bed with me.
In Denial Nobody could ever love me.
Am I forgetting something...? Alright, so my dad doesn't actually know I'm homosexual yet...I'll have to tell him soom...

Yoko_Matsubishi

Original Heckler

Character Profiles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas