Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
The Emerald Tablets of Thoth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Is Your Opinion On The Emerald Tablets of Thoth?
Fact
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Fiction
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Undecided
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

mikeplusplus

Codebreaking Genius

6,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:31 pm
Any thoughts regarding the veracity and contents of these tablets? I was reading them over and was wondering how they were translated into English and why there was such an apparent lack of physical evidence to back them up.

A "literal translation" can be found here: http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald.html

Fact?
Fiction?
Parable-type thingy?

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:48 pm
I seem to remember seeing a picture of a cuneiform version of the Emerald Tablet. That would probably be the foundation for all future translations, including the English.

I think that the content of the Emerald Tablet is as valid now as it was six thousand years ago. Whether an actual tablet of emerald ever existed? I don't know. I do seem to remember reading that there is a certain type of green glass that occurs naturally in Egypt that may have been the basis for the emerald part. I don't have anything to back that up though.

Either way, the Tablet is the basis for Hermeticism and therefore most of the Western Esoteric Tradition. I'd say it's pretty valid whether it was ever "real" or not.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:06 am
Hey man didnt see you for a while. But thats cuz i was off sorting my own issues. I'd love to see the tablet however if you still have the link for the image of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:02 pm
on second thought.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/06/us-nobel-chemistry-idUSTRE7941EP20111006
http://www.reuters.com/article/comments/idUSTRE7941EP20111006

the tablets of thoth might be indestructible if they are quasicrystals, which means alot of knowledge would have been hidden from us anyways by the government but maybe its for a reason. No sense to worrying about it.

And if it is real maybe the tablet which they claim to resonate with the heart, does resonate with it because well its green for one which is associated with the heart chakra, the heart being more intuitive, and its proven the hearts more intuitive, the nerves swap sides in the brain so from the left side of the body to the right side of the brain the nuerons go, and the right side of the brain is for creativity and intuition and such anyways. So it could affect your brain simply. Also with the non-repeating pattern of crystals on the tablet if its a quasi crystal means that the crystal itself could be encoded to give people answers to their heart or w/e as it claims when they try reading it.

Thats a possibility.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Hey man didnt see you for a while. But thats cuz i was off sorting my own issues. I'd love to see the tablet however if you still have the link for the image of it.

I may be misremembering the cuneiform bit. I did find a version in Phoenician though which is probably what I was thinking of.

http://www.alchemylab.com/phoenician_tablet.htm  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 am
Looking at that it looks like a massive equation lol  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games