Back to Guilds

Tags: Doctor Who, Cyber Man, Dalek, SciFi, Banana 

Reply The Doctor Who Guild
Night Terrors

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What did you think of this week's episode?
  Awesome!
  Pretty good.
  Meh. It was okay.
  Pretty bad.
  Awful!
View Results

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:53 pm
Yet another episode of Doctor Who! So, what did we think of this one?

I thought it was just a convenient little filler. No huge revelations, no plot twists, just a straightforward episode free from the baggage of the story arc, complete with a few little scares along the way. I usually don't like much of Mark Gatiss's writing, but I thought this one was okay. Nothing special, but I felt they could have done more with it, in that it moved a little too quickly. But what about that creepy little nursery rhyme? Any thoughts?

Oh, and this may be important to note: this was supposed to be episode 4, but after it was filmed, it was moved to episode 9. That accounts for the Doctor's little "in the flesh" line, so don't get excited.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:38 am
I quite liked it, I found it got a bit silly towards the end but we were dabbling in childhood nightmares after all, and just the base need for a child to accepted and loved by his parents.

It did go a little fast towards the end, I will agree with you on that.

I'm kinda looking forward to the next episode< 3
Looks like it will be interesting.  

Naterbee

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100

Panda Loving China

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:02 am
It was good. But I'm easily terrified. So... That episode made me throw my American Girl doll (Can't believe I still have that) Into my backpack. It's never coming out of there. >>

Anyway, I think it was slightly stupid near the end, I mean, What was the point of having the kid be scared of the monsters when He's half(or was it full?) alien. I just don't really understand it all... Honestly I think I might have liked it a bit more if he was just a normal kid who happened to be slightly psychic. I dunno. *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:43 pm
It definitely felt like it should have been a 2-parter for me. I was glancing at the clock in the last 10 minutes wondering "Why didn't they start wrapping up the plot yet???" It felt SO rushed to me. If it was a 2- part, though, the ending would have been sorta lame. (Even though I would have died from suspense halfway through). Like, yes I know it's supposed to be about love and romance triumphing, but GAHHHH couldn't you have put a little more, I dunno, something into it?
PS I watched this at like 12 am at my house and I was creeped out O___o  

shappyshap

7,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Regular 100

Panda Loving China

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:46 am
Okay, I rewatched it, and actually understood what they were saying about Gorge, so I know understand that he IS a full alien. xD

Ah, I remember the time when my mom was watching an interview and it said "The 8th Doctor" And I was like "Why are there so many doctors....?" Now it makes perfect sense. xD Memories.....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:52 pm
Sadly I don't feel I like this episode at all after watching this. Maybe I wasn't a kid who put their fears in wardrobe/box. Nor any of my friends had. I don't feel enough creepiness in this episode. But it was alright, it was just an episode. Making that a 2 part episodes would have bored me, I guess sweatdrop  

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 pm
I liked the episode. Sure it was probably filler but not everything that the Doctor does needs to be on the level of visiting Pompeii on volcano day.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:58 pm
Eh, it was another bland and (mostly) inoffensive Mark Gatiss episode. I'd say more but two weeks on and I don't honestly recall much of it beyond it harbouring this season's obligatory creepy transformation sequence.

I guess the reason the dolls were in there at all is because the kid worried his dolls were going to catch him and...make him like them?

Stupid nonsensical alien fears D:<  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

NatsumenoKage

Codebreaking Dragon

20,125 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Comrades in Arms 150
  • Festive Eye 50
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:03 pm
I rather liked this episode. no need for thinking, no worrying about recurring ideas, no complex events. Just a nice little story that could happen any ware or any when.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games