Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:10 pm
Since there are so many sub-forums aka numbered sections, I thought I would make this guide to tell you all about them.

First, I will tell you the title of the sub-forum or what I like to call "sections"

Then I will tell you what you can post in each.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Randomland

In here is where random topics go. An example: "Favorite ice cream - who likes it".

Every once in a while we may have had a bad day and just want to vent. Well, make a topic about that bad day in Randomland. Who knows? Maybe someone will add to that bad day by telling you theirs.

2. Dreams

Sagas, sagas, and more sagas! Makes your head spin. Anyways, these sagas are just mere subjects that dreams can be about.

The Bogard dream saga for instance is the dreams that I have had relating to the King of Fighters video game and it is the longest saga going. Feel free to post your questions in there if they relate to the sagas, or even better, post those questions in the Questions/Comments sticky found on this main page.

If anyone has a dream they'd like to share, take into consideration of the subject. If you are unsure about the subject, post the dream in the "Dreams of uncertain placement" then I will personally copy, paste, and edit the dream to its proper section if it goes in one of the sagas.

3.Let's duel

Yu-Gi-Oh discussions and YGO RPs go here.

Topic examples:

Card Lists
Duel Runner parts
Favorite characters
Video game walk-through, secrets, strategies
Seto Kaiba's Kingdom - RP

For those who are not familiar with the basic story, it goes like this:

About 5000 years ago give or take, there was a war dealing with magic and mythical monsters now in the form of cards, video games, and a continuous animated saga now into its 3rd generation called 5ds.

Originally, a pharoh known as Yami had once sealed away these creatures that threatened to destroy the world within 7 magical items/treasures known as the millennium items.

Did you know that this show is basically relating to the common Japanese theme of demons and sorcery in ancient times while throwing in there a bit of British lore as well and Egyptian beliefs too?

After a few seasons of the Original, a school had opened up and therefore introduced to us GX. The school's dorms represented the Egyptian God cards from the original show. Slyfer was a red dragon, therefore students with red uniforms were known to be in this dorm. Ra was a yellow dragon, so yellow uniformed students were in this class. And finally, the toughest of them all, Obelisk, which was a blue monster and not a dragon. I think he was a golem, but don't quote me on that. Anyway, the toughest students ended up in Obelisk Blue.

More seasons went by and yet another change in this wonderfully popular game happened. Introducing the Turbo Duels! Yes! 5ds! With a killer theme song that describes the speed of these new duels, this form takes place on computerized motorcycles.

In my opinion, not that it matters, this new form of motorbike would be a good way to introduce to vehicles of all classes today. It would open new roads so to speak, reduce pollution completely, gasoline would no longer be needed since computer chips would be used and batteries too, and perhaps potatoes (science class project favorite besides the volcano). It would be a new revolution and environmentally safe for everyone.

Okay, back to what YGO is about. 5ds has a secondary new spin onto the classic show. A trash dump has been placed where I think Kaiba's building used to be. (Cannot confirm, just opinionated) This trash dump is called Satellite where people who were from the city that broke the law were placed. And yet, the law is unlawful. Governments have hit an all time low in how corrupt they can be.

So, now you all know the story.

4. Word imagery

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, right? Well if every picture is worth a thousand words, this is where those thousand words would go.

Poems are a way to describe many things, and is a form of word imagery.
Stories are a longer way to do the same thing.
Songs can be interpreted in many ways too. So, you can pick a song, any song and tell everyone what you think it means.

The idea is to paint a picture with words.

5. South-Town

Generally the home to the King of Fighters by SNK, but here on Gaia, its a sub-forum. This is where you can discuss the King of Fighters/Fatal Fury and like the Let's Duel section, you can set your KOF related RPs here too.

But wait, there is more! Not only am I allowing KOF to call South-town home on Gaia, but also, I will allow Mortal Kombat, Capcom's Street Fighter, and Tekken topics here too!

The story behind the King of Fighters

Originally called Fatal Fury, the story focuses on a brotherly duo Terry and Andy Bogard who has just witnessed a murder. Their so-called father Jeff Bogard who was their legal guardian at the time was just killed by a power-hungry dictator known as Guise Howard.

Guise wanted to see a world that had worshiped him by all and would murder those who opposed him.

Ten years later, and Terry gets some revenge on Jeff's murder. Guise now has his hands full trying to deal with Terry and when Andy along with best friends Mai and Joe join in the fray, Guise is starting to become a little frightened.

In just two short years, Guise has had a serious blow dealt to him therefore, he had no choice but to take a backseat to a new criminal organization known as Addes.

For many years now, since 1991, Terry, Andy, and all of their collective friends have been trying to rid the world of this large criminal organization. Some say that this orochi spirit has nothing to do with Addes, but I beg to differ since Terry does get involved.

It may not directly deal with the organization, but it does add to the already overwhelming task that Terry has taken upon himself to try to rid the world of.

Capcom's Street-Fighter

The supposed fighting rivals to Fatal Fury, when a lack of background has been given. Thanks to my dream sagas, I have some understanding of what the connection really is.

Capcom's Street Fighter focuses on more like what the real world is like today. An American teenager born in 1965 along with his older Japanese buddy born in 1964 have gone on a wild adventure seeking fighters stronger than them to better their own skills. Having been trained under the Hadou mastery, which is the advanced form of what Terry Bogard had studied called Haikyokoseiken (watch fatal fury 1 on Youtube. You will see the connection right away), Ken and Ryu think they have done great for what they have learned. But wait! Another mad-man wanting to take over the world? Heh, that sounds familiar. M. Bison wants to be leader of the world of Capcom.

How this relates to the world today? Middle East represents M. Bison in many ways. If one did research, they may call me a freak for the accuracy. It is scary how I can relate to this so direct without having a single newspaper. The US government and their allies fighting this other nation are kind of like the other street fighters on the side of good. And yet, who will put a permanent stop to "Bison's" plans? A rich American kid and his Japanese buddy.

Tekken story

I admit, I don't know it.

Mortal Kombat

Once every generation a secret tournament is held to keep the world free from evil and from different dimensions from becoming one. (This tournament would try and stop my plans... sad )

Led by Chinese Martial Artist Liu Kang, a select group of elite fighters like Liu try and stop many from succeeding. They had already stopped Sorcerer Shang Tsung and So-called immortal gods Shao Khan and Shao's father from taking over, so...who is next?

Continue reading on the next post for more sub-forum information and please, start posting in them. Especially you in-active members whom I am thinking is just lost.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:40 pm
6. The Legend of Zelda

Hyrule, three goddesses, a princess, a courageous boy, and a villainous pig. That's pretty much the Legend of Zelda.

Zelda is this princess who is supposed to help rule the Kingdom called Hyrule. However, even though she is said to have been granted the power of wisdom from the three goddesses who had formed this land, the princess is pretty stupid.

The villainous pig known as Ganon/Ganondorf has the endless power gift from the Goddesses, and with all that power, he is indeed corrupt and evil. He is trying to rule the world with it and not just Hyrule.

A courageous boy named Link who has had several homes, all relating to peaceful lands is always granted tools and weapons and access to everything. He may be the hero, but since the cancellation of the animated show, they have degraded his actual purpose for fighting in the first place.

Link and Ganon are a lot alike in many ways. First of all, they both want to woo Princess Zelda and both are equally perverted. Ganon creates evil monsters to try and force Zelda to cooperating while Link tries to prove himself by destroying these monsters and yet, Zelda foolishly continuously sets both guys up for countless generations now. (Just take a look at how many games were released)

Anyway, this sub-forum is all about this legend and the discussion of its games and of course, role-plays are welcome here too.

This sub-forum has very little activity and I would like it to have more. So, now that you know the legend, what are you waiting for, post in it?!  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:47 pm
7. Saiyajin village

For Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT fans.

For those of you unfamiliar of the full story line, this is a classic series teaching those about a monarch society using classic legends for tie-ins.

Classic legends featured are:

1. Man to animal by the light of the full moon - the were-beast theory
2. Demonic/angelic spirit within sacred objects
3. Aliens - good and evil

Goku is no hero! He's the true villain here. Yes, I know many may hate me for this, but if anyone was really paying attention to the full story, then they'd know I am right.

Yes, the royals in this story did do evil things, but that wasn't the point. It was the act of a commoner disobeying the royals and what happens to those who do disobey.

What kid is going to understand that concept? This show is properly rated as PG 13 as there is subject matter that those who are under the age of 13 will not understand.

It isn't restricted because there isn't full nudity and the subject matter is not restricted to adults only, whether fans want it to be or not. Some schools teach about monarch societies in middle school, which means students as young as 13 can get the idea.

Pretty cool concept and very popular especially with the names and activities performed by the characters.

8. Gravity

No, this isn't about what happens when an apple falls from a tree. (Though if this section doesn't get activity, I may change it to strictly science) This section is currently about the controversial boy-love manga called Gravitation.

Gravitation, by Murakami, is about this Japanese pop singer named Shuichi Shindou that just so happens to fall in love with cold-hearted Eiri Yuki. Eiri is a romance novelist and is a hit with the ladies because of his books, however, his attitude quickly scares away those fans of his. Maybe it will take the charm (and annoyance) of Shuichi to melt that cold heart of Yuki's and show Yuki that love isn't "a meaningless emotion".  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:28 pm
9. The Police

Unfortunately, this is where crew and above members discuss things. Sorry to those who are members only.

10. A picture's worth a thousand words

Drawings done by you or art work that you wish to brag about. This is the art gallery.

11. The enchanted forest

Do you enjoy shows like Sailor Moon, Saint Saiya, or Winx Club? Shows that resemble magic and transformations belong in this.

Sailor moon story-line

5 teenage princesses reborn as commoners, but with special powers in accordance to their star-sign elements. Before the second and third and fourth generations, these 5 were trying to defend the planet from the evil Queen Beryl and the negaverse who used the darker side of the same powers.

There are two sides to every token.

In this guild, however, Sailor Moon and Sailor Jupiter have been sent to the HFIL (hell, home for infinite losers, jail) for behind the back affairs on Prince William-Tyler. Lord Darien Beryl has also been sentenced to prison, who was on my Kings List for scheming against the Renaissance crown.

Saint Seiya

A show where boys are trying to win cloths to prove to be the Ultimate knight. These cloths are technically ranks that enhance each guy's zodiac powers. The problem is there are a limited number of cloths to go around and these knights have to prove themselves against each other.

The one who survives at the end, during the cloth tournaments wins the sacred golden cloth to claim to be the supreme knight. Unfortunately, where there is great power, someone wants to steal it for themselves. And this is where the dark knights come in.

This show is also known as the Knights of the Zodiac.

The winx club

Fairies, witches and knights all at three different schools of magic trying to prove themselves and learn how to be the best that they can be. But, like all schools, there is heated rivalry. The witches hate both Knights and Fairies. The fairies just hate the witches and the knights hate nobody.

The catch is, the knights are all boys.  

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee
Captain

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:37 am
12. Paradise

Harvest Moon, a series of games that involves farming, a Goddess, and tiny creatures called Sprites.

Depending on the version you have played, there are several, it will depend on the town's name, the number of sprites in that particular town, and what access points that you have to actually travel.

Still, role-play wise, this section pretty much serves as a paradise for those who live by fighting and really could use some R and R. (rest and relaxation for the abbreviation impaired)

There isn't really much to do in any of the villages except farm, fish, mine, or befriend the villagers that are there. Personally, I love to mine since there are many jewels to harvest and it basically can make anyone from the Saiyajin Village stronger.

After mining for a while, which can get a bit tedious if done too many days in a row, its always nice to fish by any of the many bodies of water that surround these villages. Yes, there are islands here as well.

Sunbathing, and beach going is another popular hobby to do here (if this was your real life, that is).

Harvest Moon is pretty much a place where you can discuss the many games of the series and perhaps talk about your favorite thing to do if you owned a farm or if you actually do own a farm as some of us might actually live in the rural areas.  
The renaissance galaxy - important information on front page

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games