Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrimsonsDecayingRose
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:34 pm
maiden_of_thy_earth
CrimsonsDecayingRose
@maiden

Do you have to be enrolled at the college to look at the program? Is it classes or like an actual museum?

And yeah, i'll definatly do so! =D

You have to enroll to the school to take the Hmong classes, but there are special options that you can look into to take the program without enrolling to the school. Talk to your adviser about this. However, the Center for Hmong Studies (the museum) is free. You can visit the house anytime between Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm.

It's actually a house. Inside, there is the director's office, an exhibit, and a library. The Director for the Center is upstairs in his office. The exhibit that's going on till January 2012 is the Textile Exhibit (needlework and cloth art). And the library contains books, music, and movies about the Hmong(Miao).

The library is also the office for the Hmong club, CHUSA (Concordia's Hmong United Student Association). They hold events and stuff on campus. Their next event is the Secret War Simulation on Sept. 29 at 6-9pm. It's a free event.

cat_eek Yup! This is a lot. 3nodding

*Closes gaping mouth* Lol, this looks too good to be true. If i was excited before, i don't know what i am now. Too bad i live 19 hours away. =/ The reinactment looks really cool and my mother and her ancestors sew so i'd be interested in looking at that. *Sigh*  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:39 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
maiden_of_thy_earth
CrimsonsDecayingRose
@maiden

Do you have to be enrolled at the college to look at the program? Is it classes or like an actual museum?

You have to enroll to the school to take the Hmong classes, but there are special options that you can look into to take the program without enrolling to the school. Talk to your adviser about this. However, the Center for Hmong Studies (the museum) is free. You can visit the house anytime between Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm.

It's actually a house. Inside, there is the director's office, an exhibit, and a library. The Director for the Center is upstairs in his office. The exhibit that's going on till January 2012 is the Textile Exhibit (needlework and cloth art). And the library contains books, music, and movies about the Hmong(Miao).

The library is also the office for the Hmong club, CHUSA (Concordia's Hmong United Student Association). They hold events and stuff on campus. Their next event is the Secret War Simulation on Sept. 29 at 6-9pm. It's a free event.

*Closes gaping mouth* Lol, this looks too good to be true. If i was excited before, i don't know what i am now. Too bad i live 19 hours away. =/ The reinactment looks really cool and my mother and her ancestors sew so i'd be interested in looking at that. *Sigh*

rofl Yes. Don't worry. You can visit the Center anytime. There is a new exhibit every 6 months or so, but the Center is always open and welcomed to everyone (regardless of anything). And CHUSA is always hosting events. If you can't make it now, you can still make it in the next two years when you attend University. emotion_yatta  

Mahikokatoru

Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500

CrimsonsDecayingRose
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:50 pm
maiden_of_thy_earth
CrimsonsDecayingRose
maiden_of_thy_earth
CrimsonsDecayingRose
@maiden

rofl Yes. Don't worry. You can visit the Center anytime. There is a new exhibit every 6 months or so, but the Center is always open and welcomed to everyone (regardless of anything). And CHUSA is always hosting events. If you can't make it now, you can still make it in the next two years when you attend University. emotion_yatta

Thanks! i just hope Macalester accepts me.... =( But if i have the oppurtunity to visit the campus this summer, i'll definatly swing by CHUSA museum. =)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:58 pm
trying to recover from this nasty cold mrgreen  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Mahikokatoru

Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm
Kawaii Yami Rorita
trying to recover from this nasty cold mrgreen

Ah! There has been many a sick people around at school lately. (irrelevant info)

stare

Hope you feel better soon. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:24 pm
arigato gozaimasu kanojo-san. Thanks.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

The Dadalorian

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:36 pm
i was told there was a hmong king in china and when he died no one wanted anyone else to take the throne and so everything kind of fell apart and the chinese drove the hmong people out of china and they just settled in vietnam/thailan/laos  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 am
Tshaj Lij
i was told there was a hmong king in china and when he died no one wanted anyone else to take the throne and so everything kind of fell apart and the chinese drove the hmong people out of china and they just settled in vietnam/thailan/laos

yea, i think that's the gist of it. kinda sad, though  

Mahikokatoru

Invisible Rogue

12,725 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hellraiser 500

silver_avenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:31 am
Cris Zenkato
well in the book of ' A History of the Hmong '
they were Indochinese refugee from 1975 to 1980. and i dunno.. (needs to read more*

How far back in Hmong History does that book go? Because us Hmong people being refugees of the 70's and 80's is still pretty recent. Does it go back to when our people were still in China?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 pm
silver_avenger
Cris Zenkato
well in the book of ' A History of the Hmong '
they were Indochinese refugee from 1975 to 1980. and i dunno.. (needs to read more*

How far back in Hmong History does that book go? Because us Hmong people being refugees of the 70's and 80's is still pretty recent. Does it go back to when our people were still in China?

I'm pretty sure it does. but I don't know I didn't read the whole entire thing yet..  

Lieutenant Lynnette

Feline Kitten

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 pm
So far feeling much better. Just now finding jobs and etc  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 pm
I have to say great job and well done. I think it was nice.  

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250

Nana Shinu Ai

7,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:32 pm
Best luck for you. and well. mrgreen