Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Art Share
Help me plan and draw a cartoon? ^.^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm
I am a bit of a cartoonist. I wrote an entire cartoon (or comic, if you prefer) my junior/senior years of high school, and had planned to finish it up by graduation, but failed. I've been reluctant to write the ending because I have it planned, and...well, it's sad! It means a lot to me, and has become near to my heart. It's about a dog and a fox who live in a house together, and their daily lives. It started off as a project for art class, the subject being cartooning. A month after that, I decided to do a little follow-up chapter, just so I'd have more to look back on...but then it got out of control, and before I knew it, I had fans at school urging me to continue to write, even though it had no real storyline. After a while, I decided a storyline was needed, and it went great! Add a little bit of drama, and action, and my mini fan-base grew. No, this story isn't going to end with me becoming a famous cartoonist. I managed to get to the chapter before the very last before I put it away for a while. I've tried to pick it up and finish it, but my hand can't draw Sorana and Samantha (the fox and another dog character) like they used to. Jack, the main dog, on the other hand, is my pride and joy, and I find myself drawing him everywhere I go and with everything I do; at work, I'll print out paper just to doodle a picture of him, or even just a few days ago, whilst packing boxes up and labeling them, I couldn't resist adding a little sharpie drawing of Jack with his tongue hanging out. I want to continue drawing, and I'm hoping starting with a new story will help get me back to the level where I can draw my old characters again.
This is why I have the urge to draw another cartoon, and I'd like to have a good storyline with this one. So, I'm kinda recruiting people to help me design new characters and write an entirely new story. I've tried, and I came up with a few characters, but I can't seem to fit them together into a story. I'd really appreciate any help I can get, and anyone who helps will get credit for everything they contribute. I want this to be fun, so I was thinking that maybe when we come up with a basic idea for a story, maybe we turn it into a roleplay, and I could draw it up as we progress.

For reference, my characters are normal animals (I try to stick with canines, but I've dabbled a bit with cats), but of course with human speech and expressions, etc., but they are still quadrupeds, and would be treated as such by other animals and people (I try to avoid people in my cartoon unless completely necessary). I do have pictures on the internet of the main characters, but they're on Facebook, and since I'm on my phone I have no way to get them here short of sending a link, but even then you probably wouldn't be able to see them because of my privacy settings, which I will NOT change. I'll figure something out, maybe Photobucket.

So, anyone wanna help out? There can be roleplaying involved~ ^.^  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:20 pm
Bump  

SilentFox21993

Art Share

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out