Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
The Guardian Gate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:16 pm
lol i feel ya Dalcain. I'm still on 1 v.v

anyways, it occurs to me that members of the guild that Churi didn't like isn't too solid an argument. course i'm a member too so would be a hippocrit......

but it is my personal belief that there are thousands of ways to do the same thing. Mockey's teachings is just variations of the same way to the same end as most other teachers of psionics and....stuff (sorry, not good at defining)
you could always use multiple sources to learn something. we had a member who struggled with a lesson and outsourced her learning. i actually think it's better that way. gives you a larger understanding of what you're learning.

then again, i take that approach to learn 17 languages and is seen as insane......lol works though.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:40 am
And then I loled.

Do what you please good sir, but I can guarantee there will always be ways of achieving a similar effect with a much more... original turn.

I prefer to use the bases of old knowledge, and expand on them myself, figure out what makes them tick, and then manipulate it, change it, and combine it with other methods. In this sense, your magic can be truly original and unique. To me, this is much more effective than copying a spell out of an old book.  

GM Phish

6,400 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200

monckey77

Dedicated Genius

9,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:16 pm
GM Phish
And then I loled.

Do what you please good sir, but I can guarantee there will always be ways of achieving a similar effect with a much more... original turn.

I prefer to use the bases of old knowledge, and expand on them myself, figure out what makes them tick, and then manipulate it, change it, and combine it with other methods. In this sense, your magic can be truly original and unique. To me, this is much more effective than copying a spell out of an old book.

are we on the same page? ....are you even on the right thread? sweatdrop
first of all this spell is unique on it's own, secondly I teach people how to manipulate them, how they generally work, how to change it and combine it [Lessons 7-8] and then they can post results of the symbol if they wish in our hand enchant section for others and my self to test it out. I didn't ask to be critique'd, I was just giving an easy way in for people to join my guild. Since this isn't working too well, the practice was to see who would try to write the symbol on them self and post the initial reaction, wither or not they got the same result as what they should be getting they would have been invited for being open minded enough to try it out. Those skeptical are already doomed for failure.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff