Reply Ear Piercings
Bruising?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ki-nu-ko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:40 am
Forgive me if I'm posting something that has already been addressed, or if I'm violating a rule that I'm not aware of.

I got my third pair of lobe piercings back in June of '05. I haven't been soaking them in saline solution for a few months now-- I had assumed they healed. As of a few days ago, the right piercing started to turn red/purple and feel like a bruise, and I can't recall anything to cause it to do so. What's up? Could it be migrating? Keloid scar? I'm not quite sure what to do. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:51 pm
uhg the exacts same thing just happened to me with my 4th hole. i got it a few months ago, and stopped spraying it with this coloidal silver spray stuff cuz i thought it was healed, and a week ago it felt tender, then i got a really bad cold and now my cold's gone but i have that bump. i mentioned the cold because i'm guessing maybe my emune system wasn't at full capacity from the cold so my piercing kind of was more suseptible for irritation or something.

supposedly soaking it in sea salt (how much sea salt to water ratio i don't know, it's in a few threads here though) will get rid of it. my friend did that on her nose, she said it took a few weeks to go away. i asked mom to buy me sea salt asap, so i'm just waiting for her.

and it's not a keloid but some peple confuse that word with another kind of scar. i thin it's called hypertrophic. so yeah, thats what i know 3nodding  

[NUTs]

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:46 pm
That sounds quite odd. A picture would help. At around 8 months, they should be pretty well healed by now, considering they are just lobe piercings, even if they are third holes. Most of the time third lobes end up going through some cartilage, but that stuff is softer at the lobe beginning.

I'm still trying to think of something that would cause a bruised look. A picture would definately help, and some more description. What kind of jewelry is in it? How was it pierced? Have you slept on it? Did it take some abuse lately? Has it been introduced to any new chemicals? Have you changed jewelry recently? Is it retaining fluid? I'm sure I'm missing some questions that would help, but I can't think of any more at the moment.

So yea, picture and more info, and maybe I can be of more help.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:02 pm
Sorry, I can't post a pic at the moment, but I can give you some details.

I have a 14g titanium ball capture ring with a hematite bead in it, and it was pierced with a needle in a piercing parlor recommended to me by a friend who was once a piercer herself. Yeah, I do sleep on it (though I try not to), as I have a cartilage piercing on the other ear that I got at the same time that's still a little sensitive. I don't think it's gone through any trauma recently, and I don't treat it with any chemicals or anything. I've had this jewelry in since I got the piercing. Nope, no fluid.

I'm thinking that it's just irritated, probably from me sleeping weird. It seems a little better today than it did yesterday, so it might be nothing really. Thanks though!  

Ki-nu-ko

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:53 pm
well it hink MINES retaining fluid xp a whole lotta nasty a** puss-like stuff came out of it yesterday but it releived a lot of pressure and felt so much better... but it was so nasty ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:29 pm
It's probably just a little infected, keep your earring in, and clean it with water and salt once two times a day, it should be over in less then a week.
Don't get the earring out, good chance it will close =)
Nothing to really worry about though

Fatal Fudge

6,250 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:19 pm
Ki-nu-ko
Sorry, I can't post a pic at the moment, but I can give you some details.

I have a 14g titanium ball capture ring with a hematite bead in it, and it was pierced with a needle in a piercing parlor recommended to me by a friend who was once a piercer herself. Yeah, I do sleep on it (though I try not to), as I have a cartilage piercing on the other ear that I got at the same time that's still a little sensitive. I don't think it's gone through any trauma recently, and I don't treat it with any chemicals or anything. I've had this jewelry in since I got the piercing. Nope, no fluid.

I'm thinking that it's just irritated, probably from me sleeping weird. It seems a little better today than it did yesterday, so it might be nothing really. Thanks though!

By chemicals I mean any solution in general, such as a new shampoo and other things that like to get into piercings.

If it's getting better, it is probably just irritated. Keep an eye on it to make sure no other symptoms show up. Happy healing.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:08 pm
Wow, that's really weird. I have never had anything like that before.

Oh dear. I just realized how old these topics were. Oh wow. So I guess my advice is really un-neccesary then huh?

-Panty.Waste-

Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff