Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
~: Rainshine's Book Reviews:~

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who loves to read?
  Me! I love reading! Books are great. :D
  Not really. Reading is boring/ a waste of time.
  I don't know. I've just never found the right book yet.
View Results

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:52 pm
In honour of the establishment of *Club 11* at my school...

I've recently decided that perhaps it would be a public service to offer reviews on books I've read, and allow others to contribute to the lists I shall post below.

List #1 will be the Highly Recommended Books list, and it will feature books that several people agree deserve high ratings.
List #2 will be the Wall of Shame list, and it will feature books that absolutely suck. (And by "suck" I don't mean just stupid books just because you don't like them, but rather books that actually have something wrong with them in the way of literature. You'll see what I mean later.)

Anyone may request that a book be added to either list. All you have to do is submit your review here (please use the format that I will demonstrate in my first review post) and ask that it be added to a list.

Thank you.

sincerely,
~Rainshine cat_ninja

[**note: Club 11 is a club that's just recently been established in my school. To become a member, all you have to do is read 11 books within 9 months. I'm not technically a member yet, but I did win the art contest of designing its logo. 3nodding **]  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:53 pm
MUST READs:

-

Celtic zombie-kitten

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm
WALL OF SHAME:

-Pegasus by Robin McKinley
-

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:06 pm
My first book review...

Book: Pegasus
Author: Robin McKinley
rating: heart **** (1/5 stars) [note: for this section, you use hearts for the stars you give it, and *'s for the remaining empty spaces.]
summary: Despite the langage barrier that makes it difficult for the two races to communicate, there is an alliance between humans and pegasi in which members of each royal family are "bound" together on their twelfth birthdays. But when princess Sylvi and prince Ebon are bound together, they find that they have the ability to telepathically speak to one another. However, Fthoom, the head of the Magicians' Guild, disapproves of this connection between Sylvi and Ebon and attempts to have the two separated. When Ebon invites Sylvi to visit him in the Pegasus country as a birthday gift, she and her father gladly accept, but the startling truths she learns on her visit threatens the alliance and defies everthing Sylvi has been taught.
comments: This book is nothing more than a cruel joke! In the beginning of the book you think Hey, this is going to be a really cool book, and I love the characters and the storyline, and I can't wait to see how it ends, but as you read on you will start to get bored because of the lack of action. All the while expecting the story to speed up at some point, you continue on, but if you're a grammar geek like me, you will start to notice more and more and more gramatical errors, typos, misspellings, and sentences that just in general don't make any sense, and it will annoy you. Then, close to the end of the book, the story will take an unexpected turn in events, and you'll be all like What the heck? What does this have to do with anything else in the story???. Despite the fact that the families of the two main characters are about to be involved in a war with a seemingly undefeatable foe, you will be cheering for the expected outcome of them rushing into battle at the last moment, defying all the rules that have kept their two races apart for so long, saving the day, and having a glorious ending. Instead, the story abruptly cuts off, leaving the reader hanging with NO conclusion whatsoever, and the main character being weighted down with two different causes of disress at the same time. And that's it. There's no sequal, no epilogue, no additional chapters. It's a depressing ending with no literate value whatsoever. I strongly suggest not reading this book if you like happy endings.  

Celtic zombie-kitten

HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff