Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Cosplay and Lolita

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think a cosplay inspired lolita is okay if it abides by quidelines?
  Yes
  No
  What were you thinking?
  It depends on how it looks
View Results

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 am
So I am wondering where is the line drawn between what you can and cannot do in this category. I recently was at a con where I was cosplaying France from Hetalia and I brought my new Dear Celine set with me in case I would get a chance to wear it, but I forgot the top. I had only packed it for it to be worn a bit Friday night as a way to cool down. Anyway when I got to the con I found out that there was going to be a lolita tea party that no one had told me about! I quickly was trying to plan a coordinate with little supplies or time to spare. I had brought a button up shirt and a sailor color for my school girl rin but the yellow and black just wouldn't go with my Red and White skirt! The only other thing I had besides my France cosplay was a slutty dress and a Red sleep shirt! I was at a total loss! The slutty cosplay actually uses one of my lolita wigs so I put that on but I still was stuck without a shirt. Quickly I decided to just wear my France coat and Cloak, as well as the boots with my knee high socks. It looked relly cute together but people sure knew I was a female version of France. I even had to go by a head bow being I didn't have one with me. I'm just wondering if this was wrong to do? I mean everything I had on was good quality and it looked great together but a lot of people saw it as a cosplay.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:32 am
I held a panel at a convention 2 weekends ago where I talked a little on this subject. There is a difference between saying you are cosplaying Lolita and you are cosplaying with Lolita influences. In this situation you were trying to do Lolita but had to use some elements of your cosplay, I find no harm in this. As long as the Lolita asthetic can clearly still be seen with the bell shaped skirt, covered up, and elegant then I think you did no wrong at all  

-Lolita_Kana-
Captain

Partying Genius

12,615 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
The Lolita Society.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers