Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
AWESOME MOVIE !!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

An AWESOME Movie !!!
  No doubt ^.^
View Results

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:34 pm
When I went to "Barnes and Noble" to get volume 5 of the "Spice and Wolf" manga, my mom wanted to check out the movie section.

So I do what I always do and browse through the "Foreign Films" for any random anime I might like. (as they are stupid and don't have an "anime" section)

I ran across this one LIVE-ACTION movie called "Blood: The Last Vampire"
The back said it was based on an anime,
and although anime/video-game---based movies have not had the greatest of luck, I thought it would be pretty good.

But here's the hang up...
I had unknowingly wondered from "regular foreign films"into "blu-ray foreign films"
Now my previous oppinion of blu-ray is generally negative, as it's killing normal HD-DVDs.
Sence both blu-ray and normal HD came out at the same time, the companies pushed for blu-ray, ONLY because it offers more copy-protection, despite it being more complex so that when it did come out, you weren't likely to get one playing even if you did get a blu-ray player. (it was THAT glitchy)-[kinda like vista not being compatable with ANYTHING either]

But I had seen some blu-ray movies at my cousins house and it seemed that they fixed the issue, so I decided "what the hell" why not?
After all, can't resist a cute japanese girl... plus, it has vampires !!
[AND NOT STUPID SPARKLY ONES >.< ] = (it's a win win) ^.^
PS: I appologize to any twilight fans, but you can't get me to like something that I don't like >.>

So I bought it, and attempted to hook my PS3 to my HD tv/computer-moniter.
After discovering the annoyance that HDMI cables AREN'T "plug and play" and you have to actually change signals MANUALLY (and the time consuming process of configuring settings for an HD-widescreenTV signal input that has NEVER been used before) I got it working and went to bed... (as it was very late at that point)

Next morning, I watched it.
AND WOW !!!

Aside from the realistic graphics, this movie is FREAKING AWESOME !!!
It's about SAYA, a half-human_half-vampire japanese girl that's teamed up with a secret organization to find and kill the master of all vampires, ONIGEN.
It's described as "kill bill" but with vampires, though probably only due to the cool samurai sword fights.

In all, I'm glad I got it.
However I won't be using my HDMI cable for everything as video games look a tad too "hyper-realistic" (as the saying goes) and I can't flip back and forth between signals easily enough to view my walkthroughs on my computer ^^;  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:47 pm
Ah, we have that movie. *nods*
Personally, I like the Anime that was based off the series better...but that's just me. ...Vampires are win though. heart (And sure as hell not the sparkle kind...well, except me. I wanna sparkle....but not like...that......just....yeah...nevermind.)

yum_cupcake yum_tea

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:13 pm
LOL
You're funny ^.^

My previous trip to barnes and noble was a bust.
As I went to get the 5th volume of spice and wolf and discovered that it hadn't even come out yet.
That was when I first saw the movie.
A week later when I went back to get my manga, I got the movie too,
as I had been thinking about the MAJORLY cute japanese girl for the WHOLE week almost.
What can I say... cute japanese girls are a weakness of mine ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:45 pm
O_O wow, you are addicted. I want to watch that. However, I am busy with my school and life.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:52 am
I'm out of school, and not counting my new job, I have no life ^.^

You just find time for things that are important.
Which is why I haven't done anything special for halloween this year.
(besides watching a few short shows)
It's just not that important to me.
I don't go trick or treating, so there's really nothing to it anymore.
(plus I don't have any cool costumes to dress up in)

Though I would like to get one for the anime con I go too ^.^  
Nothing's coming.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff