Invisible Member

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:44 pm
ITS FINALLY NOVEMBER!

rofl

That means the games Ive been waiting all year to get are finally being released. Them being MW3, Skyrim and Saints Row 3. Im VERY short on cash and theres no way I can afford to pay full price for all of them. Ive been looking around for deals to try and find them for a reasonable price. This is the scenario I worked out. Tell me if you think its a good idea or not.

Part One of the Deal

Now till November 12th theres a Mountain Dew/Dorito deal going on at Kmart. The deal is if you buy $20 worth of these products you get back a $10 coupon towards a game. The coupon will only print once per kmart rewards card. Luckily every member in my family has one so we can get multiplies. Also, select products have MW3 Double XP codes inside. I looked on ebay to see what the codes were selling for and if im lucky I could get at least $20 or more which could cover the $20 Id spend on the drinks. My kmart only had 20oz bottles and 12pks with double xp codes. A 20oz cost $1.49 and a 12pk is $3.50. So for our first order we bought 6 12pks. Spend around $21 + tax and got our first $10 game coupon. The 12pks come with a 45 minutes double xp code. I listed those on ebay and am waiting for them to sell. We could be making money on the deal if they sell for over $20. Then wed get a $10 coupon and mtn dew for free....I hate dew btw -_- Our store only had 5 cases with xp left so we bought those 5 and a plain case. Short one code but thats ok we still got the coupon. They ran out of xp cases so we moved to the 20oz drinks. We bought 14 of those and again got the coupon. The caps are worth 15 minutes of double xp. So now we have 3 $10 off coupons and almost 12 hours worth of codes to sell. -_- plus all that gross a** dew. Lol thank god my bf loves it. He can drink it all when he comes to visit. So that deals done and now its on to part 2....

Part Two of the Deal

So starting on the 6th and ending on the 12th Kmart has a deal that if you spend $40 in games youll get back a $15 game coupon or spend $110 and get back a $50 game coupon. This part is broken down in to 3 deals. The first deal im going to buy 2 MW3 games and use the a $10 coupon. *note that you can only use 1 $10 per order...That will give us back a $50 coupon. Next ill buy skyrim and use a $10 and a $50 coupon. That will make the game free and should also print a $15 coupon. Lastly ill buy saints row 3 and use a $15 and a $10 coupon. By the time that game comes out the deal will be over and it will no longer print any coupons. So that game will cost $34.99 + tax.

I think its a pretty good idea. Wed get free drinks cheaper games and even make money. One of the mw3s is going to my sister and one is a birthday gift to me from my parents. The other two games are also for me but ill be paying for them...well at least the one.

End result.
$95 in game coupons
2 mw3s for $54.99 each
skyrim-free
sr3- $34.99
11 hours and 45 minutes of double xp (profit if they sell for over $20 a order)
146 cans/bottles of mtn dew free (if xp sells)  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:16 pm
So I hit a snag in my plan. Ebay is taking down all listings to sell double xp codes, saying i cants sell lottery tickets >:[ ******** YOU EBAY. I had a bid on one of the orders too. Now i have to find another way to sell these.  

ll Lady Zombie ll

Invisible Member

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nekromantlc
Crew

Friendly Fatcat

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:25 pm
Hay nice list but I guess not everything is for sale I probably would have sold that codes I got from subway for uncharted 3 but I never thought about selling them oh well good luck anyways exclaim  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:42 pm
I want some mountain dew.... >.>  

Jester Pez

Classic Example

Devout Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:16 pm
ll Lady Zombie ll
So I hit a snag in my plan. Ebay is taking down all listings to sell double xp codes, saying i cants sell lottery tickets >:[ ******** YOU EBAY. I had a bid on one of the orders too. Now i have to find another way to sell these.

I came across this awesome website that sells game cheaper than gamestop or any place really. Its glyde.com
Check it out! Hope this is cheap enough for you  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:54 pm
Classic Example
ll Lady Zombie ll

I came across this awesome website that sells game cheaper than gamestop or any place really. Its glyde.com
Seems like a good site to buy used games. I never buy used game from gamestop, they rip you off sooooo bad. Id buy from ebay or amazon before id buy from gamestop.. thank you.  

ll Lady Zombie ll

Invisible Member

9,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

VHS Glitch
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:15 pm
Classic Example
ll Lady Zombie ll

Wish I could tip this.
surprised  
PlayStation 3 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas