help with psn bought soundtracks

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatakai12
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:35 pm
is the content restricted to the ps3 or can you just copy it onto a flash drive and burn a disc if it's a soundtrack and do you consider uncharted 3's music worth it?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 pm
tatakai12
is the content restricted to the ps3 or can you just copy it onto a flash drive and burn a disc if it's a soundtrack and do you consider uncharted 3's music worth it?
I don't know about bought, but any freely distributed soundtracks that I've downloaded were just MP3s, easily transferable to a hard drive. I'd say take your chances with one. But I really doubt they have DRM or anything on them, since PS3 isn't really a Music managing device, per se. So rather than avoiding compatibility issues, I'm pretty sure they'd allow you to transfer them freely and do what you want.

Personally, I wouldn't buy Uncharted soundtracks, while the music is great and serves the game really well, it's not the kind of music I'd listen to on my MP3 player.  

Biohazard EXTREME

tatakai12
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
tatakai12
I don't know about bought, but any freely distributed soundtracks that I've downloaded were just MP3s, easily transferable to a hard drive. I'd say take your chances with one. But I really doubt they have DRM or anything on them, since PS3 isn't really a Music managing device, per se. So rather than avoiding compatibility issues, I'm pretty sure they'd allow you to transfer them freely and do what you want.

Personally, I wouldn't buy Uncharted soundtracks, while the music is great and serves the game really well, it's not the kind of music I'd listen to on my MP3 player.

thanks man i just ran into that issue when i'd bought all of afro samurai  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:53 pm
Yeah, their video content is pretty strictly protected. Almost to the point of not being worth it, IMO. But I really don't think they'd do that to the audio content. They have to be realistic about which devices people would use to listen to the stuff, and more often than not, it's NOT gonna be a Sony MP3 player. Most cases, it'll be an iPod, meaning they'd need to export the music onto their computer at least, and bring it into iTunes.
At least that's the logic I'm going for, I honestly have no idea.  

Biohazard EXTREME

PlayStation 3 Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff