Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Relationships
Sex Underage

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hmm?
  yes
  no
  yay sex
View Results

Earth_Alive

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:18 am
yes or no?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:52 am
Earth_Alive
yes or no?

Depends what you mean.

No to having sex with someone who is underage if one is above the age of majority.
Yes otherwise, because who are we to tell them what to do.

Now you might say, there is a contradiction between my two answers - kinda. However, there is a age of consent for a reason - someone under the age may be mature enough to fully understand what they are doing, but it is there as a protection from old dirtbags looking to take advantage of someone younger then them.  

00Shoe
Captain

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:05 pm
It depends on the mental maturity of the people having sex. The earliest I believe you SHOULD have sex is about 16 to me, but I've heard of people doing it earlier. Before they have sex, they should understand the social, legal, mental, and physical implications of what they're doing. I'm not in the mood to list the social, mental, or physical ones, so I'll just the two big legal one:
Marriage: You can legally be married at the age of 16 (Number not solid, I'd have to look it up.) in many states, but you must have the consent of the legal guardians.
Without marriage: Anyone underage having sex with anyone else should be wary of the term "Statutory Rape". Here's the Wikipedia page and a page from Sexlaws.org to help those who do not know what the term means.
Wikipedia: Statutory Rape
Sexlaws.org: What is Statutory Rape?

If you still plan on having sex before the "safe age" as I like to call it, then you need to be prepared for the "what ifs", as in, what if someone finds out and you are reported.... I'm not trying to say it shouldn't happen, I myself had underage sex, but both of us knew what we were getting into and took the needed precautions. Trying to go into it saying "We love each other, so that'll get us through" is not only naive, but dangerous. Keep it safe and stay happy people, you only live once, make sure it's worth it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:30 am
Jonstalker62
It depends on the mental maturity of the people having sex. The earliest I believe you SHOULD have sex is about 16 to me, but I've heard of people doing it earlier. Before they have sex, they should understand the social, legal, mental, and physical implications of what they're doing. I'm not in the mood to list the social, mental, or physical ones, so I'll just the two big legal one:
Marriage: You can legally be married at the age of 16 (Number not solid, I'd have to look it up.) in many states, but you must have the consent of the legal guardians.
Without marriage: Anyone underage having sex with anyone else should be wary of the term "Statutory Rape". Here's the Wikipedia page and a page from Sexlaws.org to help those who do not know what the term means.
Wikipedia: Statutory Rape
Sexlaws.org: What is Statutory Rape?

If you still plan on having sex before the "safe age" as I like to call it, then you need to be prepared for the "what ifs", as in, what if someone finds out and you are reported.... I'm not trying to say it shouldn't happen, I myself had underage sex, but both of us knew what we were getting into and took the needed precautions. Trying to go into it saying "We love each other, so that'll get us through" is not only naive, but dangerous. Keep it safe and stay happy people, you only live once, make sure it's worth it.

Well I agree with this entirely I mean you should be perpared for the 'What ifs' and then 'Buts' to come in you life  

Ryu ou Donte

Distinct Werewolf

5,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 am
Definitely let your parents and doctors know.
If you're parents are open to it, I mean.
I know some parents are very strict.
But you need some authority figure to know: counselor, doctor, etc.
And you can request they not tell your parents about it, confidentiality.

If there's a free clinic around, talk to someone there.
They can tell you all the consequences and risks.

I was sexually active very young in life and I regret it.
I'm with a wonderful person now, several years later.
I told him about my past and it almost put him off from being with me.
I'm very thankful he accepts it and I have definitely changed my ways.

Be smart.
That's all I can offer.
Some kids are ready before others and some just think they're ready.
Don't get pressured into it.
Let it be your own choice, not someone else's.
If it's urges and feelings, perhaps try masturbation first and see if that helps you see people in a different, tamer way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:52 pm
ok personally, i lost my Virginity when i was thirteen. my choice, with both sexes i might add. now i think if they know what they are getting themselves into, with the possibility of pregnancy even with a condum, then let them. now if someone was over 18 and trying to have sex with a 16 15 17 whatever year old i find that wrong in a sence. so its a big yes for both that are minors and a big no for guys or girls trying to get with a minor.  

bryceninja

2,575 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:43 am
00Shoe
Earth_Alive
yes or no?

Depends what you mean.

No to having sex with someone who is underage if one is above the age of majority.
Yes otherwise, because who are we to tell them what to do.

Now you might say, there is a contradiction between my two answers - kinda. However, there is a age of consent for a reason - someone under the age may be mature enough to fully understand what they are doing, but it is there as a protection from old dirtbags looking to take advantage of someone younger then them.

QFT

I was a nymphet but only with little faunlets, though didnt actually have full smex till i was 19. my choice. (terminology yoinked from Vladimir Nabokov's Lolita. they mean sexually precocious young girl and boy respectively). kids do sexual things. its part of being human. just as long as they're not being taken advantage of by people older and in more authoritative positions.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:34 pm
The reason we have such things as "Age of Consent Laws" is to be able to legally define gray areas under black and white terms. Which is important. The goal is to protect youth from exploitation. A twenty year trying to convince a fourteen year old to have sex, giving her some nonsense about love and romance, before she has enough life experience to make wise choices. Maybe she does. But we can't know that.

So, we make laws that error on the side of caution. I follow and support age of consent laws.

Having sex before the age of consent is a questionable area, but like with all, "Don't be an idiot". I'd say wait until your sure your ready, but you can't know that for yourself, people always judge themselves on a different set of standards.

Personally, as much as I enjoy sex, I think people have an unhealthy fixation on it. Crazed religious fanatics wear virginity like a badge of honor, whereas other are made to feel awkward and pathetic if they don't lose it fast enough. Really, what's wrong with these people? Sex happens when it does. Maybe making the right decisions is based on not caring so much about when the decision is made, or how, but allowing yourself to develop as an adult naturally.  

Equine Molly Heart

-TheCummyBear-

Savage Nymph

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:47 pm
I don't really see why it matters. If you're some little kid who wants to sleep around with some old crusty male or female then that's you and you need some type of help or something along with your partner. I admit I've dated older guys but I was smart about it. Always keep it with in reason. I think that's why they have the three year rule people.  
Relationships

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games