Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
The Key to the Age of the Earth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:47 am
The Key to the Age of the Earth

[Working link March 28th 2016]  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:39 am
I'd like to pose this thought, based on the fact that while God's Word doesn't change and it is what is is, He also charged us with the mission to learn everything that we can about His Works. It balances. I think that the only controversy is that people don't see what He's trying to show us, and we all seem to have our own ideas and agendas. lol A lot of people would consider this a contradiction. But I don't see that. The only thing that we need to prove is that we are capable of understanding it.

John 1:1-3
Quote:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Genesis 1:28
Quote:
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Psalm 119
Quote:
1 Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD. 2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart. 3 They also do no iniquity: they walk in his ways.
4 Thou hast commanded us to keep thy precepts diligently. 5 O that my ways were directed to keep thy statutes! 6 Then shall I not be ashamed, when I have respect unto all thy commandments.
7 I will praise thee with uprightness of heart, when I shall have learned thy righteous judgments. 8 I will keep thy statutes: O forsake me not utterly.

Psalm 111
Quote:
1 Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation. 2 The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein. 3 His work is honourable and glorious: and his righteousness endureth for ever. 4 He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion. 5 He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
6 He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen. 7 The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure. 8 They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness. 9 He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name. 10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: his praise endureth for ever.

Is our half-hazard quest for answers, that we call 'science', an attempt to accomplish that? Science is theory and conjecture. Humans are not perfect - we can't be God, after all. But we can follow his precepts the best that we can. All for the glory of God. We can't even begin to understand most of it, but we can continue to learn of His works, and enjoy them.

Thank you. And God bless.

Anon. Mosh  

Anonymous Mosh

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:07 pm
Wow - that was a great post Anonymous Mosh ! Thank you for sharing! smile
Yes - science is not objective. Since it is seen through us humans, and we are anything but objective. So of course there is a danger in blindly following scientific opinion (findings). But it is interesting to think about the origins of science, and how so many of the original (if I can use that word), had an idea that science was to figure out God's steps, and to understand his creation.
A persons views does direct the way he is thinking. A "secular" scientist can look at a thing and see millions of years if evolution, whilst a scientist that believes in God can look at the same animal, and see design. He clearly says he made it so that we should be able to see the hands of a Creator. Here's another thought; think how awesome creation must have been if it is like this today, before it was curse because of Adam! It must have been spectacular!

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Thank you again for sharing! God bless you!  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:44 pm
Thank you. And if I might, I found a few other things in my wanderings pertaining to this:

http://odb.org/2011/11/16/beware-4/

www.discoveryseries.org/q0909

I haven't read the second one yet, but it's a good website.

In a way, I'd like to see things as God sees them - since He lives during every time, and He's everywhere knowing everything. Though my tiny little mind may not be able to comprehend such a thing.  

Anonymous Mosh

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff