Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
WHERE IS EVERYONE !?!? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHERE IS EVERYONE !?!?
  WHERE IS EVERYONE !?!?
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:27 am
Sweetkitty
purpleravenhawk
I've heard of Hugo. Was it a good movie?

It was a good movie. My younger sister already read the book, Hugo then watched it.

Dudex: Me too, I checked it and it was good. You need to check Google as Hugo. ^_^

Perhaps one day.
But for right now. Nothing means more to me then anime.
And right now... I'm checking out Blood+

Rinioa
I gotta figure out somewhere else for the computer to go. When I put up the Christmas tree there will not be any room for it. :/

Yesturday I went to Kmart and got a cabnet-thingy for my game stations.
I didn't attach the 3 base-boards (that they called skirts), the back (so my systems could have ventalation), or the front doors.

Basically all I used was the bottom board, the top board, and the 2 side boards.
As well as the center shelf board. I don't know what I'm going to use the doors for. But purple wanted the back, and I used the skirts behind it so it wouldn't get pushed too close to my dresser and crush the wires. (once I get them in there that is) ^^;

In all, it cost me $85.
Quite a bit considdering I'm only using 5 pieces.
(2 not used at all, 3 not used the way they should be, and 1 given away)
^^; o-well ...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:25 am
Wow. @_@; That is quite expensive for only using a few pieces. The shelf that I was using for my computer came from Wal-Mart and cost like $19 ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-TV-Cart-for-TVs-up-to-23-1-2/16451701 ) Was cheaper at the store than it's showing online, btw. I had the monitor where the TV is showing, and the computer system//printer//router all that fun stuff stashed in the bottom shelf with the middle one removed.

But, I had to move it all to put up the christmas tree. So, I just put the entire computer up on the bar counter. xD

yum_cupcake yum_tea

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:07 am
Rinioa
Wow. @_@; That is quite expensive for only using a few pieces. The shelf that I was using for my computer came from Wal-Mart and cost like $19 ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstays-TV-Cart-for-TVs-up-to-23-1-2/16451701 ) Was cheaper at the store than it's showing online, btw. I had the monitor where the TV is showing, and the computer system//printer//router all that fun stuff stashed in the bottom shelf with the middle one removed.

But, I had to move it all to put up the christmas tree. So, I just put the entire computer up on the bar counter. xD

yum_cupcake yum_tea

I have one similar to that under my old CRTV (crt- tv LOL)
But for this job, I needed one that was wider,
and shorter then the one you got.

It needed to be less then 30 inch tall, (to put my PS3 on top of it)
And wide enough to hold a PS3 and PS2 side by side, laying down...

The dresser drawers behind it hold the power cables.
(I removed the bottom drawer to use the space under it)

And my new surge protector cost another 15 ^^;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nothing could ever force me to move my computer.
(unless I was going to re-arange my room and give it a new permanent location)
Not even a christmas tree.

After all, when I decorate my room, my decorations go AROUND my other stuff.
(not in place of them)

You need a better place for your computer.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:17 am
Well, I did have a laptop. This isn't -MY- computer. It's my husbands. We have a desk in our spare bedroom ....but that's where the cat litter box and all is. I cannot spend more than 5 minutes in that room before I start to have bad asthma attacks. So, since my laptop is broken we moved his computer our here so I can still use it. I wont move the desk out here because 1)there isn't room for it & 2) it's brown where as the rest of my furniture in here is black.

I re-arrange our living room about once a month, or once every two months. NOTHING has a perm location. xD

yum_cupcake yum_tea

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:16 am
Rinioa
Well, I did have a laptop. This isn't -MY- computer. It's my husbands. We have a desk in our spare bedroom ....but that's where the cat litter box and all is. I cannot spend more than 5 minutes in that room before I start to have bad asthma attacks. So, since my laptop is broken we moved his computer our here so I can still use it. I wont move the desk out here because 1)there isn't room for it & 2) it's brown where as the rest of my furniture in here is black.

I re-arrange our living room about once a month, or once every two months. NOTHING has a perm location. xD

yum_cupcake yum_tea

Ugg, I wouldn't put a computer in a kitty-liter room anyway.
Strong scents like it and cigarette smoke can damage electronics.
I suggest you find a spot in your NORMAL living area,
and plant the computer there... permanently.

Ugg, that's TOO much re-aranging for me.
I'd die of exhaustion, first >.<  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:13 pm
As I said, NOTHING in my house has a perm spot unless it's bolted down. An no offense, but my computer is from 1992 and is still in great condition and has been moved many-many times, dropped, laid on the floor for months (while on even) and many other things you "claim" hurts electronics. So, you don't know everything.

yum_cupcake yum_tea

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:03 pm
They definitely don't make them like they used to. Most modern computers can't take much abuse at all. But everybody wants to upgrade, so I don't know that many people who even have a PC that old. He was probably assuming that yours was newer too.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:27 pm
Well, the one I am CURRENTLY using is from 2007 and it's withheld a lot of damage and had no problems at all. I just think it's annoying when people think they know it all about computers. I get a lot of that crap. The only trouble I have ever had out of any computer has been laptops. They seem to last just until the warranty is over (for me) and then die. But desktops... I could take it apart and throw it in the snow and put it back together and it would be fine. (It's been done with my 1992 model)

yum_cupcake yum_tea

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:25 pm
I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful. He has a jones for making sure computers don't die. And there are plenty of anecdotes on both sides of the fence, so maybe it's just luck.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:49 pm
Your computer has been dumped in the snow O_O !?!?
(yes, I was assuming it was a newer model) ^^;

And yeah, they make em MUCH cheaper these days.

BTW, post picy of your old computer ??  

xwhateverxdudex

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas