Welcome to Gaia! ::

Depthless Imagination

Back to Guilds

semi-literate minimum roleplay and forum discussions (anime, literature, videogames, art, etc.) Looking for role players and ideas!! 

Tags: role play, fantasy, sci-fi, anime, vampire 

Reply Gaming (Video, Table Top, Card, Board, Etc.) Discussion Forum
Steam (online gameing site)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know about Steam?
  yes, I have an account
  yes, my friends play
  I have heard of it but do not know much about it
  no
  I thought steam was water in a gaseous state ;/
View Results

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Steam is a digital distribution, digital rights management, multiplayer and communications platform developed by Valve Corporation. It is used to distribute games and related media online, from small independent developers to larger software houses. Steam also has community features, automated game updates, in-game voice and chat functionality. As of October 2011, there are over 1,400 games available through Steam, and 35 million active user accounts.Although Valve never releases sales figures, Stardock, the previous owner of competing platform Impulse, estimated that, as of 2009, Steam had a 70% share of the digital distribution market for video games.

Many major publishers have large catalogs available on Steam, including Bethesda Softworks, Activision, Rockstar Games, Square Enix, 2K Games, Telltale Games and Electronic Arts. (summation courtesy of Wikipedia as I did not feel ambitious enough to make one myself.)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:32 am
I have a steam account and I mostly have adventure type games. I love this site because you no longer have to worry about lost or damaged game discs or codes. If your computer was to spontaneously combust, all you need to do is log into you account from your new computer and you will have all your games back! I was wondering how many had steam accounts and what is your favorite style of game?  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

IrisIrene88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:03 pm
Anaithnid Miuil
I have a steam account and I mostly have adventure type games. I love this site because you no longer have to worry about lost or damaged game discs or codes. If your computer was to spontaneously combust, all you need to do is log into you account from your new computer and you will have all your games back! I was wondering how many had steam accounts and what is your favorite style of game?

I actually have a Steam account, but I don't really have many games on mine. I like puzzles games and adventure games~! I cannot add anyone as a friend though, mostly because I have been getting the free games lol XD! Or buying from the store near my house lol XD!  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:10 pm
i
Irisrene88
I actually have a Steam account, but I don't really have many games on mine. I like puzzles games and adventure games~! I cannot add anyone as a friend though, mostly because I have been getting the free games lol XD! Or buying from the store near my house lol XD!
heheh yeah if it wasn't for a friend buying me games I would not have any at all. But, you should still be able to add people even if you use free games.  

Anaithnid Miuil
Captain

Swashbuckling Pirate

13,950 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Illyria1376

6,250 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 am
I have an account and only a few games on it, but they all very, shooters, rpgs, adventure. I'm willing to try anything once so that usual where I go for Demo's as well to see if I want the games.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:36 pm
I have an account and a ridiculous amount of games on it as I used to play a lot competitively, sadly my gaming rig is currently broken and repairs and replacement parts would cost me over 1k. So I'll just have to listen to you guys talk about the fun you are having on your PC's. gonk  

Lord Maxdom

ForTheBloodGod98

Partying Reveler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:34 pm
As soon as I can get another computer I will use source to be reunited with my lost love... CS source how I have missed you!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:40 pm
Illyria1376
I have an account and only a few games on it, but they all very, shooters, rpgs, adventure. I'm willing to try anything once so that usual where I go for Demo's as well to see if I want the games.
Try magica it is hilarious and a lot of fun!  

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Darth Ghranna
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Genius

14,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:42 pm
Lord Maxdom
I have an account and a ridiculous amount of games on it as I used to play a lot competitively, sadly my gaming rig is currently broken and repairs and replacement parts would cost me over 1k. So I'll just have to listen to you guys talk about the fun you are having on your PC's. gonk
Same the only comp I have access too now is so awesome that skype taxes it, and I cant even play Terraria or minecraft x.x crying  
Gaming (Video, Table Top, Card, Board, Etc.) Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games