Welcome to Gaia! ::

The NFL Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the game. 

Tags: National Football League, Football, Pigskin, American, Sports 

Reply The NFL Guild
Jaguars fire Del Rio, Owner to Sell Team!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:39 pm
The NFL has seen it's first Head Coach casualty of the season, as the Jacksonville Jaguars fired coach Jack Del Rio today following Sundays loss to divisional rival Houston.

Before the season started owner Wayne Weaver told Rio he will only be able to keep his job if the Jaguars make it into the playoffs. That obviously not going to happen at this point, so the Jaguars let Rio go instead of letting him finish out the rest of the season. The Jaguars Defensive Coordinator will take over as the interim head coach to finish the season.

But what is more shocking is the sudden announcement that owner Wayne Weaver will be selling the team. There has been speculation and talks of the team being sold and possibly moved for quite some time, but to announce this at the time of Rio's firing makes this quite a shocking turn of events.

Shahid Khan, a business man who was trying to buy the St. Louis Rams is said to be buying the franchise. Though Khan hasn't made any indication he plans on moving the financially troubled team, there is nothing saying that Khan won't move the team later on.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:34 pm
1. They better stay the Jaguars.
2. They better not scrap the franchise. I'll be pissed.  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Just A Black Cat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:06 pm
LA Jaguars?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm
i8th Wonder Of The World
LA Jaguars?

I hope not. 4 Cali teams? That's a no winner.  

Sincerely Metalhead

Omnipresent Genius

6,125 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200

Nyuupyon
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:15 pm
There's talk about having two teams in LA. If that happens, I predict the Chargers and the Jags to move.

One thing I can say for sure though is that LA will get an NFL team. Sooner or later. That market is just way too big to not have an NFL team.

Besides, California has tons of teams. 4 NBA teams, 4 MLB teams, 3 NFL teams. What's a few more here or there? Especially when they are split NorCal and SoCal. They're practically 2 states.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:35 am
Nyuupyon
There's talk about having two teams in LA. If that happens, I predict the Chargers and the Jags to move.

One thing I can say for sure though is that LA will get an NFL team. Sooner or later. That market is just way too big to not have an NFL team.

Besides, California has tons of teams. 4 NBA teams, 4 MLB teams, 3 NFL teams. What's a few more here or there? Especially when they are split NorCal and SoCal. They're practically 2 states.

As for the LA move, there have been talks about getting two teams in Los Angeles, but the NFL has made it clear that if that were to happen then they don't want two AFC or two NFC teams located there. They will only allow 1 from AFC and 1 from NFC, so even though I think the Chargers and Jaguars are the most likely candidates, the NFL would not approve of two AFC teams in the same city. Even if they are in different divisions.

you forgot about our 3 NHL teams.

Cookie Icer
Vice Captain

The NFL Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas