Submit

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:54 am
do you think there is any truth to what the people of the church feared so much way back in the middle ages and such?
like do you think there is any supernatural anything that man had bargained for and gained...you know...like vampirism or....anything like inviting a demon into them so that they could become powerful?....I mean depending on how it was done it is very possible that someone could have done such and it is what gave birth to the legends of the occult  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:45 am
Here's a good philosophy to follow.
Don't play where you don't belong, and you'll be fine. There's a lot of things that happen, chunks of it not of this world. So let it be and let the Father deal with it.  

rosadria
Crew

Anonymous Mosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 am
I'd have to agree with VK Fox. There are just some things that are better left alone. But there are occasions where you don't have a choice. Don't get bogged down with myth and sociological fears, though. Focus on God's Word, and trust in the Lord in all things. If He feels the need to enlighten you, you'd best pay attention. lol
May the Holy Spirit guide you as you learn (not just a saying wink Trust the Master).
God bless.

Anon. Mosh  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:15 pm
....lol...I know.....I am not wanting to divulge into the occult I stay as far away as possible.....I was just asking if you think that those things are what spawned the legends and folklore?  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Anonymous Mosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:03 pm
Oh! Yes... well, from what I know about archeology and sociology, yes. A certain amount of truth, misinformation, and a lot of emotion does do that doesn't it. lol Over time, sometimes only the 'best parts' of the story remain. But sometimes a certain amount of truth is there. Just look at the more recent legends, and compare them to the facts that you know. Which is probably why so many of these things that have to do with something so important as the Bible and such are left with the demand to not change things when copying them. A lot of the earlier religions were handed down only to certain people that could memorize what wasn't written so that it remained consistent with the original.
Unfortunately, a lot of things were changed in one form or another, and varying 'copies' are found later that fit whatever region or time.
Did that make sense?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:56 am
well....I didnt understand a lot of your bigger words....but I understood enough....you seem to agree with me  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nero-Sama

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:28 pm
Kesuke, how old are you, just curious...

And as far as I am concerned, I believe that certain myths and legends were based off of fear and misinformation (Vampirism was nothing more than an anemic disease with no chance of infection), while certain others definitely do exist, such as demonic possession.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:21 am
I am 22  

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:01 am
i believe in the occult, or at least parts of it. i would love to believe in vampires but havent been able to find anything that tells me they are real like some things i believe in  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:00 pm
Wait, wait, wait...

You BELIEVE in the occult? In which manner? As in you "believe that the possibility of it's existence" or do you believe in the sense that you wish to become one?

Vampirism isn't anything more than a mis-diagnosis of Anemia, or in certain cases Porphyritic Hemophilia, by early doctors and priests.  

Nero-Sama

7,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:44 pm
...to believe in the occult simply means you believe such things exist....i am sure shes not believing in it the same way we all believe in God...((worship and the such))
I worship God and just as I believe in him....I also believe in the devil.......though I dont worship him  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:34 am
lol i dont want to become a vampire or anything. when i say i believe in it i just mean i believe some things exist. kesuke summed it up perfectly  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
~*Proud Christians of Gaia*~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items