Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Colors = Gender Designation? ♂ ♀ O_O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mr_white19

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:02 pm
DarkWolfLove
It's simply stereotypes and close-mindedness.
Like how black is a goth or emo color.
Green or orange is for Irish people.
And whatever anyone else can come up with.
It's simply a popular opinion, but it doesn't necessarily make it truth.

I say forget what everyone else thinks or says.
If you want to wear a certain thing, then wear the hell out of it!
Wear it like it's the last thing on Earth!
Just be happy.

well you have to keep in mind there are some truth to each stereotype. Like with the Irish orange and green are the colors of they're nations flag, which represents a nation of people. And emos and goths are a social subculture that predominately wears black. And blue and pink are used in most hospitals so doctors can tell the difference between baby boys and baby girls, the only other way is to check the plumbing. Stereotypes like those have harmless origins and aren't really supposed to be taken seriously.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:26 pm
All stereotypes have some sort of truth behind them, yes, but it doesn't mean they are right.
Right as in should be followed by everyone.

Like the stereotype that all black people drink kool-aid.
Yes, it is a very cheap drink powder that impoverished african americans can afford and therefore enjoy, but not ALL black people drink, or even like, kool-aid.

None of this has to be followed or even believed in.
You just have to like what you like and do what you do.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

My darling Deer

Shy Goat

8,700 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:35 pm
Neko Oishii Mashumaro
Tsuki7893
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Its what people are taught really.

Remember Blue's Clues? For the longest time I thought Blue was a dude. That's because its drilled in our heads blue is for dudes and pink is for girls. Kinda the same with toy trucks and dolls.

Blue is a girl????? 0.o

Yes Blue is a Girl and Magenta Is a Boy

Whoa I didn't know that o.e  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:04 am
It has already been said, but I will repeat it anyway.

Wear what ever you want, why should you worry what other people think?

On a side note, I wear pink all the time - I think I look good in it!  

00Shoe
Captain

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:09 am
Everyone that lives in alaska is either an Eskimo or an oil derrick worker.

SO not true, Look at me, I'm sitting in a house, on a computer, drinking a cold soda.

It's still fun to say I live in a WiFi enabled igloo to those who persist upon saying I'm an Eskimo.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:21 am
DarkWolfLove
All stereotypes have some sort of truth behind them, yes, but it doesn't mean they are right.

Yes, it is a very cheap drink powder that impoverished african americans can afford and therefore enjoy, but not ALL black people drink, or even like, kool-aid.

Of course I agree, like I said stereotypes shouldn't be taken seriously. Heck I drink so much Kool-Aid I'm surprised the Kool-Aid Man hasn't burst through my walls yet and I'm latino. All I'm saying is stereotypes like pink and blue come from a practical origin.  

mr_white19

Kaito Kajuji

Friendly Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:46 am
lightspeedlancer
DarkWolfLove

Of course I agree, like I said stereotypes shouldn't be taken seriously. Heck I drink so much Kool-Aid I'm surprised the Kool-Aid Man hasn't burst through my walls yet and I'm latino. All I'm saying is stereotypes like pink and blue come from a practical origin.

Hell I dated a black guy who didn't touch kool-aid or fried chicken and yet I'm white as hell and I can't get enough of either. Stereotypes may have a bit of truth behind them but are largely unfounded racist remarks formed in the minds of the ignorant. As far as I'm concerned anyone can do anything or wear anything they like so long as it makes them happy...staying within the limits of the law of course.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:56 am
People who say guys and girls are entitled to specific colors are dumb asses. All there doing to trying to control and conform people. There is nowhere that says a guy or girl cannot wear a specific color. Colors are just different wavelengths of light picked up by the eye, and have absolutely nothing to do with people at all when it comes down to it. If someone says you cant wear a certain color, fight. Who are they to decide?  

Hogosha neko

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:40 pm
Neko Oishii Mashumaro
Yes Blue is a Girl and Magenta Is a Boy

Yes, and I love that about that show, but it makes my dad angry, because he thinks it's wrong to target small children with those types of "agendas." Pfft! He's such an idot. cat_stare  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:47 pm
Kaito Kajuji
Hell I dated a black guy who didn't touch kool-aid or fried chicken and yet I'm white as hell and I can't get enough of either. Stereotypes may have a bit of truth behind them but are largely unfounded racist remarks formed in the minds of the ignorant. As far as I'm concerned anyone can do anything or wear anything they like so long as it makes them happy...staying within the limits of the law of course.

Lol. I have a black friend who didn't even know the kool-aid and fried chicken stereotype until I told him. xp

Also, the reason why pink is considered a "gay" colour for guys is because during the holocaust, the Nazis made different groups of people wear different colours in order to identify them, and pink was the colour homosexuals were forced to wear. Prior to that event, pink was considered a masculine colour, because newborn boys were wrapped in pink blankets in the hospital. The pink/blue colour code for boys and girls was switched because of the Nazis.  

Celtic zombie-kitten

SC Rammstein

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:23 am
Hogosha neko
People who say guys and girls are entitled to specific colors are dumb asses. All there doing to trying to control and conform people. There is nowhere that says a guy or girl cannot wear a specific color. Colors are just different wavelengths of light picked up by the eye, and have absolutely nothing to do with people at all when it comes down to it. If someone says you cant wear a certain color, fight. Who are they to decide?

Amen. There's a saying that goes, 'When people are bored, they just act like one another. And they're always bored.' Personally, I wear darker color clothes, and I don't get teased at school for being 'goth' or 'emo'. Say if someone goes to see a heavy metal concert, and they wear pink every single minute of every single day, it's going to attract attention, but it has a very small chance of getting the person teased. (Teasing doesn't happen at concerts. Lot's of smoking, beer drinking, and 'other' things, but never teasing.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:28 am
RammingStone
Hogosha neko

Amen. There's a saying that goes, 'When people are bored, they just act like one another. And they're always bored.' Personally, I wear darker color clothes, and I don't get teased at school for being 'goth' or 'emo'. Say if someone goes to see a heavy metal concert, and they wear pink every single minute of every single day, it's going to attract attention, but it has a very small chance of getting the person teased. (Teasing doesn't happen at concerts. Lot's of smoking, beer drinking, and 'other' things, but never teasing.)

Yeah i know what you mean. I paint my nails, and if im wearing my pink sweatshirt I tend to get asked if im gay. But when I change into my black with UV reactive color clothes, I get asked if im goth XD
And people always ask me "why?" and I always say to them "why not?" and they just look at me with a slightly confused look on there face and cant find and answer XD
When I was in elementary school I got teased for having a pink Lion King umbrella.
At a point in time I decided that Color Spectrum =/= Gender Designation and just picked whatever the ******** I liked the look of, and my favorite color was florescent pink.  

Hogosha neko

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:40 am
OH I Also Forgot to Say That Timmy Turner a BOY very well Know for his PINK Hat cat_3nodding  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff