Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:18 am
8.5/10

PS3, Xbox 360, PC

In a world of lies and deceit, you can always count on the Assassins.

You play as Desmond Miles, descendant of famous Assassins, Altair ibn La'ahad and Ezio Auditore de Firenze. After the occurrences of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Desmond is trapped inside the Animus and he has to reconstruct his mind, by living out the rest of Ezio's life, while learning of Altair's along the way.

I don't want to spoil too much of the story, so let's just move to the gameplay. The controls need fixing, but no more so then the former games. What needs fixing more, are the inconvenient camera angles, and the unintentional leaps of faith, especially during vital story missions. On rare occasions, you could glitch into the environment, or the controls jam up, keeping you from scaling a wall.

What works properly, but probably shouldn't have been added, is the den defense game. In Revelations, instead of Borgia towers, there are Assassin and Templar dens. When your notoriety becomes full, Templars will try to take over one of the assassin controlled dens, putting you into a tower defense like mini-game. The controls work but, again, the camera is horrendous.

But taking over dens, you can recruit citizens to join the Assassins. By making them den leaders, you can level them past the standard 'level 10' and let them go to 'level 15'. Once they hit level 15, your den is safe from attacks.

You can buy weapons, armor, medicine, poison, books, etc. from stores spread across Constantinople. But, out of the equipment in Revelations, the only new item is the 'Hookblade'. With the hookblade, you can scale buildings faster, go on ziplines, slip over enemies and sweep people's legs from under them. I find that the most important feature, is long grabbing distance, able to save you from close-call falls, or misjumps.

...Or maybe, you're more of a Templar...

Multiplayer is back, and with new modes, personas, perks and abilities. If you've played Brotherhood's multiplayer, then you basically know how this work.

You choose a persona and try, as stealthily as possible, to kill your target, while avoiding your own killer. Staying hidden longer will get you more points then just charging your opponent head on.

By leveling up, you can customize the different personas, for a more 'personal' touch. There are only three options for type, excluding weapons, but still enough to enjoy the customizing.

As you level up, you will also unlock more information about Abstergo and the Templars, and obtain videos (mostly to commend your progression through Abstergo's ranks).

All in all, Assassin's Creed Revelations is a great game, that keeps to the core gameplay that we all love, while adding small tweaks to make it more enjoyable. While there are still glitches and the camera can still screw you up, at vital points in the game, it does little to deter from how fun Revelations is. With a twelve-hour (with 16 extra hours of content) campaign and endless multiplayer, you're sure to enjoy it until Assassin's Creed 3 comes out.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 am
The only thing that really got in my nerves were the den attacks. Yes the angle view is horrible, I think that shouldnt have been added to the game. Really liked Altairs back story, now I wish they would stop making so many of these video games cause now there just milking it.  

Classic Example

Devout Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

Robotic Draconian

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:00 pm
Classic Example
The only thing that really got in my nerves were the den attacks. Yes the angle view is horrible, I think that shouldnt have been added to the game. Really liked Altairs back story, now I wish they would stop making so many of these video games cause now there just milking it.

They're telling a story, which I happen to enjoy.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:13 am
Classic Example

I dident really like the defending the dens either. I had a lot of trouble actually suceeding  

Ryuna_08

Classic Example

Devout Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:41 pm
Robotic Draconian
Classic Example

They're telling a story, which I happen to enjoy.

I enjoyed the story too but I just think they're over milking it. Im sad though that they didnt use the glyphs this game, I enjoyed that the most. Figuering them out was the best  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:21 pm
Robotic Draconian
8.5/10

PS3, Xbox 360, PC

In a world of lies and deceit, you can always count on the Assassins.

You play as Desmond Miles, descendant of famous Assassins, Altair ibn La'ahad and Ezio Auditore de Firenze. After the occurrences of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Desmond is trapped inside the Animus and he has to reconstruct his mind, by living out the rest of Ezio's life, while learning of Altair's along the way.

I don't want to spoil too much of the story, so let's just move to the gameplay. The controls need fixing, but no more so then the former games. What needs fixing more, are the inconvenient camera angles, and the unintentional leaps of faith, especially during vital story missions. On rare occasions, you could glitch into the environment, or the controls jam up, keeping you from scaling a wall.

What works properly, but probably shouldn't have been added, is the den defense game. In Revelations, instead of Borgia towers, there are Assassin and Templar dens. When your notoriety becomes full, Templars will try to take over one of the assassin controlled dens, putting you into a tower defense like mini-game. The controls work but, again, the camera is horrendous.

But taking over dens, you can recruit citizens to join the Assassins. By making them den leaders, you can level them past the standard 'level 10' and let them go to 'level 15'. Once they hit level 15, your den is safe from attacks.

You can buy weapons, armor, medicine, poison, books, etc. from stores spread across Constantinople. But, out of the equipment in Revelations, the only new item is the 'Hookblade'. With the hookblade, you can scale buildings faster, go on ziplines, slip over enemies and sweep people's legs from under them. I find that the most important feature, is long grabbing distance, able to save you from close-call falls, or misjumps.

...Or maybe, you're more of a Templar...

Multiplayer is back, and with new modes, personas, perks and abilities. If you've played Brotherhood's multiplayer, then you basically know how this work.

You choose a persona and try, as stealthily as possible, to kill your target, while avoiding your own killer. Staying hidden longer will get you more points then just charging your opponent head on.

By leveling up, you can customize the different personas, for a more 'personal' touch. There are only three options for type, excluding weapons, but still enough to enjoy the customizing.

As you level up, you will also unlock more information about Abstergo and the Templars, and obtain videos (mostly to commend your progression through Abstergo's ranks).

All in all, Assassin's Creed Revelations is a great game, that keeps to the core gameplay that we all love, while adding small tweaks to make it more enjoyable. While there are still glitches and the camera can still screw you up, at vital points in the game, it does little to deter from how fun Revelations is. With a twelve-hour (with 16 extra hours of content) campaign and endless multiplayer, you're sure to enjoy it until Assassin's Creed 3 comes out.

Dude i am going to be honest with you and please don't hate me for this, please, but i never actually played Assassins Creed, it looks bad a**, especially the third one coming out, but i have been busy of late and come one there are a lot of games i haven't played yet.

shadowryuu45

Assassin Smu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:53 pm
Such a great game~!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:56 pm
XxHoneycakeXx
Such a great game~!
heart  

Ryuna_08

Assassin Smu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:03 pm
Ryuna_08