needs more falcon paunch...
  show me yo moves!
View Results

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:53 am
its confirmed.

the video is an awesome idea.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 am
Oddly enough, even though it's CG, what they're trying to show is completely plausible. What they failed to mention is that you can only move along one axis (which is to say it can only move along the magnet) with this technology, so turning in a race would be out of the question, basically making real racing pointless. It LOOKS like they criss cross at some points, but that's most likely because the magnet rails criss cross at a certain point. You also need some sort of frozen compound too, if I'm not mistaken, which is why the racers have a fog effect coming out of them, so most practical applications for this are kind of out of the question right now.

Still, really cool stuff. I'm eager to see if it develops into something useable.  

Waynebrizzle

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:37 pm
it could atleast revolutionize mag lev trains perhaps. if they integrated this with cars, it'd get complicated but it could be possible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:47 pm
Xilo The Odd
it could atleast revolutionize mag lev trains perhaps. if they integrated this with cars, it'd get complicated but it could be possible.

That's what I was thinking too. F Zero races are still a ways off though, sadly.  

Waynebrizzle

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:55 pm
Trenn Flashkill
You were.

Only that the video was real. Which it wasn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:26 pm
Waynebrizzle
Xilo The Odd

That's what I was thinking too. F Zero races are still a ways off though, sadly.
no leaping from a moving racer and yelling FALCON PUNCH! and striking a black guy with your fist destroying the solar system in the process.  

Xilo The Odd

LoudKid

Distinct Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:29 pm
Xilo The Odd
Waynebrizzle
Xilo The Odd

no leaping from a moving racer and yelling FALCON PUNCH! and striking a black guy with your fist destroying the solar system in the process.

Yeah. for that we need more Spiral Power.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff