Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Some Humans Don't Understand Furries

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:53 pm
Hi There everyone ^-^ Neko here Posting again...

In My Past I've been Trying To Spread the As I Say the "Furry Word", Letting Other Humans Know of Our Furry Ways and our Lifestyles, i was So Proud to recrewt and find some more furrs and anthro along the way , some of the Humans weren't interested and responded nice and kindly to it, but there were others that thought and said that Us Furries are freaks and somewhat disgusting...Which i had to fight off myself, I had some of the crewed furries Leave cause their "friends" made hurtful remarks about their Furry Lifestyle and it was sad to see them go...so this is my question for this post is:

Can We Have a World where some Humans cannot bash our Furry Lifestyle?

Sincerely ♥~Neko Oishii Mashumaro~♥

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:13 am
I think the first thing you need to do is not separate "humans" from "Furries".
You're a human who enjoys a fandom.
That fandom is Furry.
The label that comes with it is Furry.
It's not a species, but a name, a label, a status.

And everyone is going to have differing feelings to something else.

Christians are going to dislike Atheists and vice versa.
Vanilla people are going to dislike the kinkier folks.
Every culture will shun a differing one to some degree.

You shouldn't care what others think.
Only be happy in what you do, as long as no harm comes to others.
You shouldn't "recruit" people to the Furry side.
As nice as it is having more folks to talk to, you shouldn't force your ideals on others.

You wouldn't want "normies" telling you Furry life is wrong, so why try to change someone else's opinion?

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Neko Oishii Mashumaro

7,100 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:53 am
DarkWolfLove
I think the first thing you need to do is not separate "humans" from "Furries".
You're a human who enjoys a fandom.
That fandom is Furry.
The label that comes with it is Furry.
It's not a species, but a name, a label, a status.

And everyone is going to have differing feelings to something else.

Christians are going to dislike Atheists and vice versa.
Vanilla people are going to dislike the kinkier folks.
Every culture will shun a differing one to some degree.

You shouldn't care what others think.
Only be happy in what you do, as long as no harm comes to others.
You shouldn't "recruit" people to the Furry side.
As nice as it is having more folks to talk to, you shouldn't force your ideals on others.

You wouldn't want "normies" telling you Furry life is wrong, so why try to change someone else's opinion?

i know i usually dont separate humans from furries but i did to explain a lil better >w< and i know, i jus wish e all could Just get along  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 pm
One thing I don't like is that big educational or news companies that report on furries pick the worst out of us and characterize all of us as sex-crazed, fursuit wearing, social outcasts.  

Nurren Pamuk

5,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm
Nurren Pamuk
One thing I don't like is that big educational or news companies that report on furries pick the worst out of us and characterize all of us as sex-crazed, fursuit wearing, social outcasts.

That is because those are the ones that make the most entertaining news. People generally don't want to see boring news... that is just the way it is...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:21 pm
In general, I used to be very afraid of what my friends would think if I told them of my interest in the Furry fandom. But as I've taken part in it for well over a year now, I've told a few of my open minded friends, and a few that I really expected to react negatively. To my great surprise, there's only been one person I've told that has called me anything negative as a result (granted, he was EXCEPTIONALLY nasty and rude, but still, only one person). As a whole though, people have been extremely accepting. 2 of my past boyfriends became interested in the fandom after I told them about my involvement, and they both remain active in the fandom despite the fact that I'm no longer linking them to it. I've had many friends who honestly have never heard of furries before, and are completely baffled as to why I would be reluctant to proclaim my interest in it. And in telling my friends, I've even discovered a few other furries, and then met more through them.
I think, maybe the real problem isn't the media sensationalizing the darker or more scandalous side of the fandom. I think instead it is those of us that are involved in the fandom, and know how much goes on that crosses most people's sensitivities, that are making it seem like we're so discriminated against. I used to think people would hate me for being a furry. But instead I find that most people honestly don't give a damn. So I say, it's not as bad as you think. Tell your friends you're in the fandom. I bet most of them won't have a problem with it, and many won't even know what you're talking about. Which I personally think is okay, so that you, as a member of the fandom, can inform them and educate them on what it's really about before one errant news story misguides them.  

NotYourEverydayPrincess

5,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150

GabbieJoJo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:27 pm
freak them then if they don't like us go suck ballz.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:47 pm
I agree completely with what most of you are saying and I can sympathize.
I feel that most people like to hear the worst of things just to get a minute's worth of entertainment.
These generalizations are made across many different cultures and subcultures.
Tl;dr, Stereotypes are everywhere
Example.
I'm black.
Our race has been subject to many a stereotype, because a few of my brothers and sisters have done bad stuff, and it ends up on the news.
The news blows up the story, and now everyone's afraid to talk to the black guy.
Same goes for the fandom.
One fur gets the spotlight on the Tyra Banks show,
Now all her viewers think we're sex-crazed weirdos.

Not to be Dr. Downer, but I don't think there's ever gonna be a world like that, my friend.
Not with ignorance running rampant

LimberNimbleShadow

HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces