Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Adobe and Macromedia

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:35 pm
so what do you guys think about the two being one ?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:10 pm
scary - one company that has almost all standards - that's monopolism =_=, it might lead to adobe becoming little Microsoft

good - "probable" compatibility between flash series programs, and illustrator and other adobe software

all in all it's hard to tell the outcome

Catani

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:18 pm
its interesting to ponder what sort of software will came about if the two are itnegrated...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:57 am
The biggest thing, as the merger was announced, seemed to be a new platform that would effectively be a fusion of the Macromedia Flash Player and Adobe PDF. If Adobe runs with that idea, I really hope they do it well, because PDF isn't really that great, whereas Flash Player is amazing (and everywhere). The recent release of PDF 3D doesn't seem to really fit in with this just yet, but it's still early.
Adobe has also brought out this thing called the Motion Design Centre, which is actually an excellent new site, and it expands on the theme for last year's Macromedia MAX Awards, Ideas in Motion. So I'm hoping all the great things about Macromedia besides the raw software - the philosophies, the technologies, the seminars - will be encouraged to grow by Adobe.

WindowOpener

Cativa Carni

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:50 pm
Instead of Photoshop to ImageReady, Photoshop to Flash anyone?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:46 am
The only negative side I found, is that I love corel photopaint (similar to photoshop) and now that adobe is bigger, it has banished, to never compete against photoshop.  

AntoineDelacroix

Zoiy Grockle

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:18 am
Dragon Revenge
Instead of Photoshop to ImageReady, Photoshop to Flash anyone?

That would be wicked sweet! But yeah, a monopoly... I don't know.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:28 pm
I definately see a problem with the monopoly, but on the other hand many of Adobes programs are already considered standard by most people. The monopoly of Adobe will not disappear until a competitor as powerful and versitile as Photoshop appear. And for the "little Microsoft" part? Remember that Adobes programs actually work and are simple to use and configure. Microsoft is monopolistic AND make bad software.

I think that PDF is a great format! Why it should be integrated with 3D or Flash is beyond me, PDF should be meant for distributing finished documents and not interactive stuff. The release PDF 3D was therefore a bit of a disappointment and I don't think there is any reason for having Flash inside a PDF at all.

What might be interesting is a tighter integration between GoLive and Flash.  

Szandrah

IzumiZagari

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:37 pm
I have the Macromedia package on my PC (it's oolld...) and I prefer fireworks over photoshop, for price reasons....

It'll be interesting to see what happens, I just hope they don't jack up the price because of this integration. sweatdrop  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games