Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
It's everywhere! (As we all know) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

2+2?
  42 is the only answer!!!
View Results

mcm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:20 am
wingnut the improbable
74ch1k0m4
I think I heard somewhere that 42 actually represented Deep Thought's indecision when faced with "the question". Something about base 13....
I'd like to see another nubmer thrown out there just to compare. It's so weird how certain numbers can just jump out at you, almost like a word you've stared at for too long, eh?
6 times 7 in base 13 is 42. However, I'm fairly certain that's a coincidence.

Slartibartfast: Your coming here is already being hailed as the third most improbable event in the universe.
Arthur: What were the other two?
Slartibartfast: Oh, probably just coincidences.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:27 pm
I don't have an example, but I have started to notice that I see or hear the number 42 at least once a day, everyday. surprised  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:29 pm
Guys, guys, guys. Douglas Adams himself had stated that the question was not in base 13, and this is a direct quote, "nobody makes jokes in Base 13."

Just drop it.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:58 pm
wingnut the improbable
74ch1k0m4
I think I heard somewhere that 42 actually represented Deep Thought's indecision when faced with "the question". Something about base 13....
I'd like to see another nubmer thrown out there just to compare. It's so weird how certain numbers can just jump out at you, almost like a word you've stared at for too long, eh?
6 times 7 in base 13 is 42. However, I'm fairly certain that's a coincidence.
I think you mean 6x9=42 in base 13. It was however a coincidences.  

Daska

gwyn_sully

Gracious Gaian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 pm
Yeah, DNA is right. You have to be an even more serious wierdo than him to make jokes in base 13, and I just don't think that's possible. blaugh  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:57 pm
gwyn_sully
Yeah, DNA is right. You have to be an even more serious wierdo than him to make jokes in base 13, and I just don't think that's possible. blaugh
and a very intellegent wierdo....scientists who are Hitchiker fans UNITE!!!! *shuffles off*  

fourtysecondscarf

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games