Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Study (Research)
Sangomancy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:17 pm

(No, this isn't just for RP purposes, despite my character being a Sangomanceress)

So, I've been studying Sangomancy (blood magick) for a couple months, now, but unfortunately there is a definite lack of available information on the subject. A unanimous reason behind this that I've found is that it is a highly personal practice, but given how everyone's life essence is unique and this is the primary tool in Sangomancy, this hardly comes as a surprise. I've heard from many that everyone practices differently in this branch, and that attributes to the lack of unified information.
So, I was wondering, does anyone else have information on this system of magick to share?

I've also started an online grimoire to help anyone else who may be in my position, looking for more about it. I'm posting what I know and my personal form of practice here, as well as anything that is shared with me on the subject: http://sangomancy.tumblr.com/
Feel free to correct/discuss some issues with me. I'm learning. ^^;

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:23 pm
the 4 elements on your tumblr
the symbols on their dresses are also found in alchemical text but my question is why are they drinking Mercury and eating little babies?  

her_lords_master

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:40 pm
her_lords_master
the symbols on their dresses are also found in alchemical text but my question is why are they drinking Mercury and eating little babies?

It's from a Surreal artist I like. He has a lot of strange things like that in his work, I'm afraid. I used it for the elements, not that. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:31 pm
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master

It's from a Surreal artist I like. He has a lot of strange things like that in his work, I'm afraid. I used it for the elements, not that. sweatdrop

i know i read the other stuff you posted under it. it just made me wonder its all, like maybe he had some other meaning when he drew them in ~shrug~  

her_lords_master

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 pm
her_lords_master
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master

i know i read the other stuff you posted under it. it just made me wonder its all, like maybe he had some other meaning when he drew them in ~shrug~

I'm sure there is, but I don't know what it is, yet.
As for the babies in the nest, if it's based around something astrological, maybe they're supposed to be Saturn's children?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:51 pm
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master

As for the babies in the nest, if it's based around something astrological, maybe they're supposed to be Saturn's children?

Saturn's children?  

her_lords_master

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:00 pm
The only thing I have to offer relating to blood in magic is using it in scrying. I read about a method of putting a few drops of blood in a bowl of water to darken the water and scry it. I never had as much success with that method as I did with using a scrying mirror but it might be worth mentioning.

The book was Nocturnicon by Konstantinos.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:30 am
ooh yeah i forgot you can use blood (yours or some one stronger then you if they will let you) and some of your energy to make shields for blocking things like ghost or things like that  

her_lords_master

Little Mothling

Feral Fairy

8,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm
her_lords_master
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master

Saturn's children?

Saturn ate his children at birth in the Roman myths, fearing that they usurped him.
Granted, I don't think they're eating the babies on the table, but if they are, it could be a reference to that.

@Obscurus :: Konstantinos is a very good author. He has written/co-written a book or two that mention blood magick, though I only own Nocturnal Witchcraft. smile
Thank you, though! I hadn't heard of that form of scrying before.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:56 pm
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master
Nightshade Story
her_lords_master

Saturn's children?

Saturn ate his children at birth in the Roman myths, fearing that they usurped him.
Granted, I don't think they're eating the babies on the table, but if they are, it could be a reference to that.

@Obscurus :: Konstantinos is a very good author. He has written/co-written a book or two that mention blood magick, though I only own Nocturnal Witchcraft. smile
Thank you, though! I hadn't heard of that form of scrying before.

I like Konstantinos but some of the high-and-mighty types despise him (along with anything else with a crescent moon on the spine). Doesn't take away from the efficacy of what he teaches.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Study (Research)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items