Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild Owners Association (G.O.A)

Back to Guilds

A guild for Guild Crew and Captains 

Tags: Guilds, Captains, Crew, Chat, Roleplaying 

Reply Guild Owners Association
Question - How do I make an in-thread link?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:07 pm
How do I make a link to another post in the same thread? One friend gave very specific directions, but they did not work. Since her thread is in a public forum, this may be one of those differences in public forums and clan/guild threads on the old style pages. I know there are minor differences in BBCode on different parts of the site.

(And the short form of url using .t##### works in public threads, not clan/guild. I am not sure that is BBCode, though.)

Her directions were:

http://....................../#postsinthread_number of post you want to go to

Say it was 500 posts and you wanted to go to post #490:

http:/......................./#500_490

and that did not work. The link still goes to the first post. (In my case, I have 6 posts. I am actually trying to link in-page as well as in-thread. People do this a lot in shop threads.)

Help!  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:30 pm
Update: I learned how to make the in-page links, but the method for doing it in clans and guilds is different from doing it in public forum threads (which is what the directions above were for). I have to find where I stashed the directions, or ggo back to the person who told me how to do it for clans/guilds. It's something to do with the small arrow above the post.

EDIT 5/10:
Find the box to left of time and date of post, click inside it. This changes the url. Copy the url. Simple, once you know!  

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

Guild Owners Association

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces