Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Very good,professional Sailor moon sites.(UPDATE)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:55 am
Hi everyone!
I've been a fan of Sailor Moon for ages and seeing as some people may be making sites or finding it hard to find things about Sailor Moon I thought I'd make a list of very good Sailor Moon sites.

Wishing Moon

Sailor Scouts UK

The Sailor Senshi Page

The Sailor Moon Soapbox(PGSM)

Castle in the Sky

Music/Graphics
Sailor Music

Sailor Manga

Shrines
Moon Princess

If I've missed any good sites out or the links are broken,PM me please!

EternalJupiter
I'd like to add to this, another good Sailor moon site is

Sailor Moon's Wicked Cool Homepage

Solar Kitty-chan
Okay Michiru, I'll put some links up.

Bunny's Tour Through the Silver Millennium ~ This is one of my favourite sites and it's pretty reliable.

EternalMoon.org ~ I like this site because it has a very extensive episode guide, complete with recaps of the episodes and screen captures from them. There is also a part dedicated to PGSM, which is still being worked on.

Sailor V ~ Before AwakeningAlthough it's not a Sailormoon site, it's dedicated to Codenamew a SailorV, BSSM's predecessor.

The Manga of Takeuchi Naoko ~ Alex Glover's site that covers a lot of the workd by Takeuxhi Naoko-sensei. It also has song lyrics from BSSM and PGSM.

Sailor-Senshi.net ~ It covers Codename, the BSSM manga, the anime, the dub, and PGSM.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:18 am
Thanks for the site lists!! heart  

Pato-Chan

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:58 pm
Technically, Castle in the Sky isn't a professional website, since it's hosted on Geocities and not a personal domain... but it is very good 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:16 pm
~Alechsa~
Technically, Castle in the Sky isn't a professional website, since it's hosted on Geocities and not a personal domain... but it is very good 3nodding

To me, a "professional" website is much more about design and content than it is about whether it has its own domain name. (Although, I guess a domain name does make a site seem more professional.) The main reason I don't consider Castle in the Sky a very professional website is because of its design. The tile background, poor choice of colour scheme, and use of simple frames all make it seem very unprofessional and reminiscent of what web design was in the mid to late 90's. Though, it does have simple navigation and it is very informative, which are also very important aspects of a website.

.... Why I wrote that, I have no idea. I blame it on lack of sleep and the gradual "brainwashing" effect my school has had on me. Seriously, I can not look at a movie, television show, commercial, magazine ad, or any kind of design without analyzing the technical aspects of it, deciding whether I think it "works", and if I would do it differently. It kind of makes me sad. I miss "just enjoying" things. ^^;

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:26 am
Both of you are wrong.

Castle In the Sky features its contents on Episodes that weren't dubbed,and inside jokes.It also has new releases and downloads.

And frankly,if you base a professional site on layout and design,you're an idiot.

Just because it has a domain name,that costs 30-100 dollars/pounds a year/month doesn't mean it's good.If you spent 100 pounds on your newbie site,would you consider it professional?

You are both extremely over-confident that anything you make will be great.
Sailormoon.com is a terrible site,very un-informative,and practically useless. stare

And your comments make my blood boil.And Sailor Scouts UK would be too if a comment like that reached their ears.Just look at their forum.Watch out for iDuckie. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:48 pm
I'd like to add to this, another good Sailor moon site is

Sailor Moon's Wicked Cool Homepage  

Kaori Amatsuka

Sugary Bunny

14,175 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:52 pm
Kawaii-Star, your comments were out of line. Both Alechsa and Michiru are entitled to their opeinions about websites. Neither of them even mentioned sailormoon.com so why mention it? Tech design IS an important part of professional websites. It may not mean much for fan sites but think of it from another view point: if you were going to buy a product, would you rather the one that put effort into making the website look good as well as making it informative or would you ratehr the one that looks like it was created in five minutes with very little professional aspects?

Neither of them are wrong because it's their OPINION. And calling someone an idiot for what they consider professional is rude. What's really "idiotic" is the fact that their opinions are being attacked for no reason.

Yeah, I just had to get that off my chest. I know a few good Sailormoon sites. If y'all want the links, just let me know!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:11 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
Both Alechsa and Michiru are entitled to their opeinions about websites.

Thank you, Solar Kitty-chan. smile

.... Kawaii-Star, I'm really not sure what has you so upset. I never said that Castle in the Sky is a bad website - in fact, quite the opposite. It has very good content, and although it has a very rudimentary design, it is at least very simple to navigate. Those are the two most important aspects of a website, because afterall, the purpose of a website is to present information. The information is what is most important, not the design. The importance of the design is to attract the attention of viewers without distracting them from the content. No matter how beautiful a design is, if it is distracting or difficult to navigate, it is a bad design. So, although Castle in the Sky is not the most beautifully designed website I've seen, I consider it to be successful overall. Not of professional quality by a long shot, but then again, it was never intended to be.

Kawaii-Star
And frankly,if you base a professional site on layout and design,you're an idiot.

Since we're talking about "professional" quality sites, I mentioned some of the qualities that are essential in a professional website. That absolutely includes design. Although practically all companies consider it worth while to purchase their own domain name (and it would really be foolish not to, since they are quite cheap, and www.company.com is much easier to remember than something like www.host.com/user/~company4853), that in itself is not what makes a professional website. Like I said above, the most important aspect of a website (actual content aside) is how well the design and navigation allow visitors to access the information. Although it is also important that a design be aesthetically pleasing, that is secondary.

Kawaii-Star
You are both extremely over-confident that anything you make will be great.

I don't consider myself overconfident at all. Although I taught myself HTML when I was around 11 or 12 and I've been creating websites for years, I'm only now learning more advanced coding and design. At this point, I can not create a professional quality website. But I have no doubt that in even less than a year from now, I will. The thing is, I attend classes related to design and spend a number of hours studying/practicing design every day. Although I've only been attending this school for about a year, it's already been drilled into me what is most important about a design, what will be expected of us as designers, and what we can and should expect from the companies who hire us. I know what I'm talking about.

However, I think this has all been blown way out of proportion, since I think you really just meant that those are sites you consider to be of excellent quality. And I wouldn't disagree; although I'm not sure if I've visited all of them, the ones I do recognize are very good fansites.

Solar Kitty-chan
I know a few good Sailormoon sites. If y'all want the links, just let me know!

Please share~ smile  

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Twinkleh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:43 am
I AM eleven.

And I guess I was a bit outta hand.And seeing as there were two of you saying all these things about Castle In The Sky being let down by the layout was rather annoying for me because I've always been in a strict forum of Sailor Moon where anyone who called Haruka,Amara would be banned.@_@;.Except there are a lot of things here mis-informed.I must have reached the end.

And by the way...

My teachers call us idiots and throws gluesticks at us. xp  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:18 pm
Okay Michiru, I'll put some links up.

Bunny's Tour Through the Silver Millennium ~ This is one of my favourite sites and it's pretty reliable.

EternalMoon.org ~ I like this site because it has a very extensive episode guide, complete with recaps of the episodes and screen captures from them. There is also a part dedicated to PGSM, which is still being worked on.

Sailor V ~ Before AwakeningAlthough it's not a Sailormoon site, it's dedicated to Codenamew a SailorV, BSSM's predecessor.

The Manga of Takeuchi Naoko ~ Alex Glover's site that covers a lot of the workd by Takeuxhi Naoko-sensei. It also has song lyrics from BSSM and PGSM.

Sailor-Senshi.net ~ It covers Codename, the BSSM manga, the anime, the dub, and PGSM.  

Solar Kitty-chan

Lovely_Echo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:37 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 1:44 pm
thanx for the sites. wink  

starbloom

Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers