Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
I need advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:45 am
I'm going to community collage and recently, I saw this couple with fur tails. I asked them where they got them and there said that there was a vendor that sold them on campus.

Now they are small tails, well maybe medium, idk. Anyway, after seeing them, i thought to my self of wearing mine. Now its a full size black tail and there's are smaller. Now I don't see many students wearing tails around campus, probably like me, the fear of the ridicule, but seeing the two wearing there tails, I asked and one of my classmates told me that there where others that had tails on while on campus, though I never seen them around.

what I'm asking is, what do you think I should do? I want to start open up to the fact that I am an anthro. ((don't really like the name "furry"))

I wish I had others that around to back me up, cuz I hate being a stand alone.
I would take the ridicule as a group, but I don't think I could alone...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:49 am
I would suggest you find more friends that would do it with you if you feel uncomfortable doing it alone.

Also, Anthro is an improper term in the way you are using it.
It's fine to use, obviously your choice, but it brings about confusion.
"Furry" is the term for someone in the fandom, not meaning what kind of build your character is.
Anthro is more the build of the character, like so: http://newsimg.ngfiles.com/89000/89235_AnthroWolf3.JPG

So while I think I understand what you mean, it's very confusing.
You are Furry, but your character is Anthro.

DarkWolfLove

Toothsome Werewolf

14,175 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:51 am
It's a hard choice. I took the risk, and you can bet some people don't look at me the same way. But I felt I shouldn't worry about how others feel, until they try to physically hurt me, they're just another person.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:03 pm
I bet there would be no problem to you including a tail in your outfit. I would't say people are going to be more mature in college but you will likely face less ridicule then you would be expecting.

And you never know, maybe it will spark others to start wearing theirs if they have them!  

00Shoe
Captain

Cinna101

Aged Loiterer

7,575 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 pm
your in college, people dont give a f**k what you do
go for it most people will just ignore it
they might look at it, but they won't confront you about it....at least not negatively  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:09 am
Dude just wear it, its not like your wearing a dress you know? Ok so a few people with think your weird, Who cares? Do what makes you happy. Yeah it will embarrassing or uncomfortable at first but youll get used to it, you always do.  

xXAngel of ProtectionXx

3,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:06 pm
Go for it. in my college i met someone who wore a camouflage cloak. one day i asked him what it was for and he pretty much told me "because he likes it." much like we like our tails.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games