Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm
So in the last year I have been buying lolita and in the last two months I have begun to buy brand. So today I posted a WTB to buy some waist ties for one of my brand dresses that was shipped without them and my friend offered to sell me hers... and then she offered to sell me the whole dress for $50. I don't know what took over me but all of a sudden

I had the money. But I am just in shock! Where did this come from in me! How did that addiction begin! Will it ever be controlled? Does any one else have this problem?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:48 pm
I know the feeling! When I first bought some brand items, it was so intoxicating, like you mention. I haven't in a while, but I'm so looking forward to buying more. I especially would love to get in a pre-order on MM or VM.

I think if you prioritize things, there shouldn't be any problems. I actually stopped buying brand because I started buying dolls...those are a whole 'nother addiction and you can't even wear them! As long as buying what you like has a positive influence on your life, I wouldn't worry. Be sure to take pictures when your things arrive so we can see!

Also I have a yarn addiction, but I've managed to tame it for now.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:57 pm
PearlZenith
I know the feeling! When I first bought some brand items, it was so intoxicating, like you mention. I haven't in a while, but I'm so looking forward to buying more. I especially would love to get in a pre-order on MM or VM.

I think if you prioritize things, there shouldn't be any problems. I actually stopped buying brand because I started buying dolls...those are a whole 'nother addiction and you can't even wear them! As long as buying what you like has a positive influence on your life, I wouldn't worry. Be sure to take pictures when your things arrive so we can see!

I'm a cosplayer so I had saved up a good 1000 dollars for Cosplay and lolita and then started buying stuff... I am at about 8000 of it having went to lolita.

I was quite disappointed because the one skirt I had ordered was too small for me and My AP dress was too short but I still managed to get Innocent World, Baby and AATP. It feels so weird owning something so expensive well my New AATP Dress isn't bad... I bought it because I got it so cheap!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 pm
Lady Cecilie
PearlZenith

I'm a cosplayer so I had saved up a good 1000 dollars for Cosplay and lolita and then started buying stuff... I am at about 8000 of it having went to lolita.

I was quite disappointed because the one skirt I had ordered was too small for me and My AP dress was too short but I still managed to get Innocent World, Baby and AATP. It feels so weird owning something so expensive well my New AATP Dress isn't bad... I bought it because I got it so cheap!
Yeah, I bought an IW blouse that turned out to be WAY too pink for me to wear, and was sad. I ended up giving it to a friend instead of selling it 'cause no-one wanted to buy it and it looked cute on her.

It was weird for me to buy new VM hat, and some IW socks through a girl who was living in Japan. It was so nice, and I wore the heck out of the socks, but just strange to buy it new, you know? I can't say I'd buy used socks anyway. I kept the IW bag she sent with them, even though I felt silly for doing so.

What I really want now is either a Vm or MM cardigan in a dusty blue, to go with my VM dress. I know I could sew or knit something up, but I like the luxury of buying brand when I'm able. I don't think I'd buy IW socks again, no matter how cute they are 'cause they're synthetic, and I prefer cotton or wool socks.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 pm
PearlZenith
Lady Cecilie
PearlZenith

Yeah, I bought an IW blouse that turned out to be WAY too pink for me to wear, and was sad. I ended up giving it to a friend instead of selling it 'cause no-one wanted to buy it and it looked cute on her.

It was weird for me to buy new VM hat, and some IW socks through a girl who was living in Japan. It was so nice, and I wore the heck out of the socks, but just strange to buy it new, you know? I can't say I'd buy used socks anyway. I kept the IW bag she sent with them, even though I felt silly for doing so.

What I really want now is either a Vm or MM cardigan in a dusty blue, to go with my VM dress. I know I could sew or knit something up, but I like the luxury of buying brand when I'm able. I don't think I'd buy IW socks again, no matter how cute they are 'cause they're synthetic, and I prefer cotton or wool socks.

I went crazy and bought Brand socks, and headbows and everything . I had bought one of the socks new even though I bought them from a lj seller. She just hadn't ever worn them. The other pair was five dollars and used but they smell and look fine and no icky funguses have happened.

My mom has a friend in Japan and one of her Relatives wants a bag from Baby! I told when she goes to buy it for him she should tell me so she can pick something up for me! I want so badly to own something straight from the store!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:00 pm
Lady Cecilie
I went crazy and bought Brand socks, and headbows and everything . I had bought one of the socks new even though I bought them from a lj seller. She just hadn't ever worn them. The other pair was five dollars and used but they smell and look fine and no icky funguses have happened.

My mom has a friend in Japan and one of her Relatives wants a bag from Baby! I told when she goes to buy it for him she should tell me so she can pick something up for me! I want so badly to own something straight from the store!
I adore brand socks, they're so cute! I would buy them from someone if they were unworn, sure, I just didn't want to run the chance of getting socks that weren't clean, it's just an ick factor for me, but I don't mind what other people do.

I hope you get your item from Baby, that would be so sweet! I never used to want to go to Japan, but now I kinda want to go just to visit the brand stores, especially ETC.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

The Lolita Society.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces