Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Ear Piercings
Is it safe to get a piercing after having been sick?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:36 am
My head has been retardedly sick lately. 2 weeks ago i had a cold, then i was pretty much perfectly fine last whole week and weekend, (like 95%) then monday night i got a fever and a reaaaally sore throat, ever since then it hurts eery single time i swallow.(plus my nose is blocked again) i went to the doctor today, now i have nasal spray and throat gargling stuff, and they did a strep throat test and i dunno when the results come back, but yeah my point is, i was SUPPOSED to get my tragus pierced thursday (tomorow) and now clearly i wont be well enough. but lets say in a week i feel perfectly fine, will it be too soon to go get the new piercing? or should i wait like a month or something?

this really sucks btw evil  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:23 am
If I were you I'd wait a good solid week until I knew I felt a lot better.
You may not be ill, but you're body is still fatigued from being sick. This could make the piercing act up as well.
Just wait a little longer and you should be all set.
Drink plenty of water and OJ too if you want to get your body back into shape, sort of speak.

Zombina Corpse
Captain

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:29 pm
yeah, i'm thinking after this all clears up i'll TRY to wait a good 2 weeks (we'll see how much will power i have, since i've wanted this pierced for a long time now)

and yesh ma'am, i've been drinking a lot of orange juice mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:27 pm
Yes, waiting would be the best. Getting the piercing could potentially get your other sick symptoms to come back. I'm no doctor, but I would imagine your (already weakened) immune system would head over to the piercing to try to fix that, leaving less to clear up your illness. I'm not sure how long it takes to clear up everything, but try to wait as long as you can. Even if it is hard. whee Feel better soon.  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:27 pm
ya, it's hard rofl thanks 4laugh  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:28 pm
Randomly got reminded about something because of this thread. My friend was sick for quite a few days, and right as she was getting better, she decided to get her ear cartilage pierced. The day after she went home sick from school and missed school the next day. I warned her before hand about piercing before you fully recover, but she didn't listen. She didn't believe it would affect her health. She also denies that caused it. My silly friends like to ignore my advice. xp  

Warninglv100
Crew

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:49 pm
pffft yeah thats just silly XP  
Ear Piercings

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items