Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)
Something Inside of me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know what this is?
  Its an evil demon!
  Its an angel!
  Its neither!
  Dunno just pollwhoring.
View Results

Xane_Shadowheart

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:12 pm
Ok so for the longest time I have felt as if I shared my body with something else. This something doesn't always have a definite form, but whenever my mind drifts off to it I see it (usually) as my own image with certain things changed like eye/hair color and subtle behavioral differences, but other times when my mind drifts to this entity it seems like I wear it almost like armor (think similar to Dante's devil trigger in the dmc series, but not exactly the same) so it fits over my body, but my face is unseen and so is any aspect of me being human besides the basic body structure.
Now before you guys come and tell me that I am imagining everything and that this is stupid Know that what I said above is only appearance. I can feel it's mind pressing against my own (especially as I write this) but when I try to communicate with it I feel it retreat into the depth of its/myself where there is no way for me to reach it w/o deep meditation. So what I would like from you guys is to help me understand it and what it could be. It it harmful to me and should I try to purge it? Or is it some awesome good thing that will help me be great in all I set out to do? I really don't know and only have a basic understanding of the occult so I need you more experienced people to help me. If you need more details feel free to ask I'll answer any questions I can to the best of my ability.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:13 pm
You have some very definite ideas of what it is, black-or-white, good or bad with nothing in between. Don't accept it entirely and don't reject it entirely. If you are curious as to what it is, ask it. Talk to whatever it is and find out about it and why it is there. If it keeps retreating and avoiding the conversation/questions, I'd get rid of it for safety. If it does communicate with you, go from there. Go with your gut feelings on whether it is bad or good if you get to talk with it.  

Gijett

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:43 pm
I'm new to the occult myself, or atleast studying it, anyway. But, from what you've said so far, I don't think it would be anything evil. That said, I can't really say for sure what it is. I've heard of some people being hosts for other entities, so that might be an avenue you might want to check out. I've also heard of people's souls splitting and creating other "personalities", but....this sounds like something external (outside of the looking like you thing), so my money isn't on that one, personally.

Another thing I thought of was an absorbed twin. There was a TV show several years ago called, Psi Factor and each episode was said to be based on a true account (to what degree I cannot say). But, anyway, there was this one episode where there was this teenager that was at summer camp and there had been a lot of weird psychic events going on around him, so the Psi team was there to investigate. This kid was thought to be autistic, because of his behaviours and things, but in the end, it turned out that he had an absorbed twin and the twin was either evil, or was just really angry that he didn't get the chance to be born and alive like his brother, so he would try to do things to harm people. The kid only appeared to be autistic, because he was focusing inward a lot so that he could keep his twin from hurting people. The psychic events were caused by his brother. I guess that's the only way he could effect anything, since he had no body. (things would float and stuff). So, *shrug* maybe he's your twin. ....Just a thought.

I'm trying to find some links on things I've suggested, but I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for. I post them later if I find something.

You can discuss this more with me if you want, in the forum or in PM's. Whichever. Although, I'm no expert.

Edit:

Walk-ins

Psi Factor: episode Tyler/Tim

I'm not 100% sure I should include this one, because what it says seems to be pretty applicable to most people (including me), but....it has to do with absorbed twins and twins that died in the womb in other ways, so I'll include it anyway. In any event, I think it helped me explain my family some. My mother and I fit with some of the things, but I don't think we have an absorbed twin. But my mother's mother had a twin that died, so maybe she had the actual symptoms and we possess some of that from learned behaviour or something. ???? Anyway, sorry for making this about me.....here's the link:

WombTwinSurvivor  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:43 pm
You said you can contact it through deep meditation? I'd go that route and just ask it these questions. I wouldn't immediately jump at angel or demon or anything like that. That stuff is pretty rare.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:37 pm
It seems to me you might have another entity in ya. Whether it's external and hiding in you, or whether it's an internal split, i don't know. It's probably something external though. Of all the splits i've heard of or encountered(being mine) they don't seem to hide. Actually they're rarely noticed to begin with.

I wouldn't purge it though. Yet. It might be harmless and using you as protection or something. Try meditation and see if you can get it to talk to you before you start deciding anything  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:38 pm
Well thanks for your input guys its really helping a lot. And it seems that many of you are referencing the poll at the top as to what I veiw the entity as, well truthfully that poll is me trying to get more people to read the topic so its actually pretty irrelevant or I would have added more options besides black, white, grey, and pollwhoring. Probably should have explained that sooner.
I also have a bit of new info on it; I still haven't been able to make full contact with it due to deep meditation opportunities presenting themselves very seldomly (not very quiet house), but I was able to do some light meditation and kinda see how the entity works inside me. Its kind of like a catalyst of sorts that gives me a small boost by just being there. I will probably have more info on it tommorow night because my house will be empty and meditation will be much easier. Please keep the info flowing guys it's a big help.

Oh and PS it seems to be a bit protective of me now that I think about it.  

Xane_Shadowheart

4,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:58 am
hmmm yeah, i agree that it might just be another spirit.. but to have it inside you.. did you do anything before you felt something inside you? Or was it just out of nowhere? just curious.. >.<
It could be anything.. but an angel or demon inside a human is rare.. as we're just vessels to them.. and if one did enter you.. there has to be a reason/intention why. But spirits can randomly possess a human i think.. not sure why.. but if you were using magick.. it could be that? If not.. it might just be passing by and just got attached to your energy? And so, went inside you.. ?

Any news of anything happening?  
The Helpdesk (Quick Questions and Assistance)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games