Welcome to Gaia! ::

Role Player's Paradise

Back to Guilds

A good humored, semi-lit role playing guild that's open to any and all ideas! 

Tags: Role Playing, Semi-Lit, Friendly, Active, Shennanegins 

Reply Role Player's Paradise
X-COM

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cptflint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 pm
So I'm pretty sure MOST of you haven't ever even heard of this game but at some point when ever I decide to stop being lazy (tomorrow maybe) I'm going to be opening a role play based off of it.

Basic storyline and setting is:

2020, aliens are invading earth, and they're taking people, livestock, and generally making a mess of things. So the world powers get their s**t together and found an elite group of the most highly trained soldiers, scientists, and engineers to fight back and steal what ever alien tech they can get their hands on and use it against the alien menace. They called it X-COM

They started out with nothing but projectile weapons. Kevlar armor didn't stand a chance against alien plasma weapons. Earth based aircraft were barely good enough to shoot down the first scouts that came to earth, and now warships are on the way.

A few years passed. Humanity was able to revers engineer plasma weapons, build new armors from alien alloys (even a version that can fly), new alien tech space craft have been made, man portable fusion weapons are now available, and scientists have even been able to unlock psionics in some humans, giving them powerful mind effecting abilities.

But as they unlocked more powerful tech and abilities, more and more aliens started coming, in different variates. There doesn't seem to be an end to them... yet...

so if I post this and write a little bit more would anyone be interested in joining?

here's a wiki showing everything there is in the game.

X-COM wiki

and a video with a little bit on the upcoming game Enemy Unknown and some others on the OLDER game.

old lets play

new game play trailer  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:52 pm
I REALLY SHOULDN'T JOIN BECAUSE I'M IN TOO MANY ROLE PLAYS AS IT IS
BUT
Caffeine and Coca Cola is deliciously awesome.
Expect a profile when you get cracking on this b***h.  

Randomly Gone Insane
Vice Captain

Romantic Raider

Role Player's Paradise

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas