Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Red Wolf Crafters Giveaway contest on now!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My wares
  Like what you see?
  Don't like
  No strong opinion/haven't looked
View Results

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:38 am
In case others missed the HTC chatterbox conversation,I have permission to do this here by the guild leader 00Shoe,so please don't report,PM,or harass me for this bit of advertisement.If you have an issue please take it up with him.Also,if this can be made a sticky,that would be great,as it won't get lost in a sea of threads,so I won't have to repost.

I am currently running an Etsy shop(for those who don't know what that is,it's kinda like a crafters version of ebay)and am posting this here in hopes of contacting a more target audience.As the title of this thread implies,the shop name is RedWolfCrafters.I make and sell some degree of dream catchers, woven bead jewelry and fur parts,mostly canine ones.I would appreciate it if you checked it out to see if you like anything :3 If not,I DO take some degree of commissions,
I'm not an expert in fur crafting yet,I have the techniques down,I'm just not familiar with doing most non canine things,unless they're tails,ears,or sometimes paws and feet.I HAVE made full fursuits,as well as partials,but I am very self conscious about my work so I have never offered to sell them.If you would like one of THOSE as a commission,I can do it,but I can't say it'll be a master work like something a mainstream costumer would make.It is also very time consuming and material expensive so it'll take some time and I'd need up front payment for materials,it's very complicated.

That aside,if someone wants something much simpler,such as a tail,all I need to know is color and length,and if it's a more wolfy tail,or a cat type tail.I currently have very long plush white fur in stock,which is a base for most of my colors,save for solid black,but I also have a lighter shorter length black fur anyway.I do custom dye work on my parts,so colors blend naturally,but I can't make anything heavily saturated in color,the base is white after all,so the undercoat will still stay white(you may not be able to tell unless the fur is frizzed up though)

If you have any commission questions,feel free to ask either here or on Etsy,that part doesn't matter,but if at any point you're wanting to buy or there's talk of money outside an estimate,it must be handled on Etsy.I do not currently ship outside the US,but this is only because I am unfamiliar with shipping things,and selling my wares online.If you really are interested,I may be willing to make an exception,I do want to start shipping out of country eventually anyway,you just need to tell me first(and maybe explain how it works if need be sweatdrop )
I think that touches on all the main points,if you have a good experience with my wares,please feel free to post that here as well,every little bit helps a new shop owner 3nodding just don't forget to leave feedback for me on Etsy as well(people like to do that)Go to RedWolfCrafters at Etsy.com :3  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:06 pm
Works in progress,but not yet listed

If you have interest in these items before I list them,please let me know so I can let you know when they're finished.They are first come first serve.

Wolf headpiece with articulating jaw(Actively working)
Digitigrade werewolf stilts(work pending)
Long haired grey and white cat tail 32"(listing pending)
Quad suit <3(my first,so it's more an experiment)
Two-tone black and grey wolf tail 28"(actively working)  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:07 pm
Currently Listed Items

XL 26" silver grey cosplay wolf tail
Pink and blue loom woven bead pendant
Black and orange loom woven bead pendant
Loom woven beaded bracelet
realistic wolf hat
4 dream catchers
realistic red fox tail
purple and white wolf tail  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:52 pm
Just out of curiosity, do you sell any fur feet? I have been looking for a pair of good ones (good meaning that they can be worn outside and not get messed up), but I haven't found any that satisfy me yet...  

Celtic zombie-kitten

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:04 am
I can make them,but I do not have tons of experience in them.The ones I have made can be worn outside though.I could probably make some provided I knew what kind of fur feet I was going to be doing,as well as any markings involved.I'd also need a shoe size,and you'd have to be ok with the bottoms of the feet not being furred or pawed.If you're gonna be outside all that stuff would just get dirty and messed up anyway.I offer discounts to the price if I am provided with a pair of shoes,so I don't have to go out and buy some~  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:05 am
I am currently having a tail giveaway contest on my shops Facebook page.You can enter by liking the page and commenting that you want to be entered.I'll be choosing a winner once I hit 50 likes :3

http://www.facebook.com/pages/RedWolfCrafters/330855976972293  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:13 am
Celtic zombie-kitten
Just out of curiosity, do you sell any fur feet? I have been looking for a pair of good ones (good meaning that they can be worn outside and not get messed up), but I haven't found any that satisfy me yet...

remember they also have water proof sprays for shoes smile i have some suade shoes that i had to spray down lol  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:58 am
You don't really want to spray fake fur with that though,it'll mat up the fur,and might only be fixable by brushing the fur alot.If you end up having to brush out the fur the point is lost,plus the fur naturally holds water in its denseness.It's better to just not wear pawfeet in the rain/water,and to just have durable bottoms to the feet.  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:00 pm
Dark_Dragon_Bagera
You don't really want to spray fake fur with that though,it'll mat up the fur,and might only be fixable by brushing the fur alot.If you end up having to brush out the fur the point is lost,plus the fur naturally holds water in its denseness.It's better to just not wear pawfeet in the rain/water,and to just have durable bottoms to the feet.
Oh, I wouldn't dare try to walk through water in them! I have bad enough luck as it is with real shoes, so I would have to be extra extra careful if I had fur feet. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:08 am
Interestingly,while not with feet,I go out in the rain/snow with my wolf head and cloak all the time.I always stay dry,and the fur dries out just fine.That's what is awesome about a wire head frame over a foam one <3  

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:46 pm
I've just started making furry ear hats.I am now taking custom commissions for them.  
HighTail Cafe

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games