Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Tabletop Gamers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blackjack O Hare

Excitable Cottontail

16,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Lapin Patrol Haldus: Victory! 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:37 pm
So, who here plays Tabletop RPGs and things irl? Like D&D, Warhammer and such, sorry if there already is a thread for this. But if not. Which games have you played? Which do you enjoy most?

So far I play D&D (4th edition). I like it a whole lot but my DM hates me because I never do what he expects... dang straight I jumped onto the Dire Wolf's back!

And I am starting Anima, (a crazy but cool so far) game based around a d100 (or 2d10) rather than a d20 and a bunch of random dice... seriously 2d10 are all you need to play that one! but some of the things are so complicated, I am constantly going onto the forums to figure out wtf I need to use for some skill stuff.

Aaaaannnd I just started making characters for Ironclaw, the anthropomorphic fantasy role-playing game! It's so simple and interesting to make characters! I'm pretty impressed with it so far, but I have yet to play sooo yeah... that's all I got for now!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:46 pm
I'm currently in a 4th edition D&D game. The DM wanted to test a plot for the convention we host.

I've played in a GURPS campaign. Didn't really enjoy that one. Too many d6. And crazy character creation. I tried running BESM. That flopped.

I recently got my hands on pdfs to run a Pokemon d20 and been wanting to try it out. It looks simple enough. Better than when I tried doing it BESM style(because the one guy wouldn't let me just write my own damn rule book for it. Which ended up being almost exactly like the pdfs my friend gave me).  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Blackjack O Hare

Excitable Cottontail

16,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:22 pm
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
I'm currently in a 4th edition D&D game. The DM wanted to test a plot for the convention we host.

I've played in a GURPS campaign. Didn't really enjoy that one. Too many d6. And crazy character creation. I tried running BESM. That flopped.

I recently got my hands on pdfs to run a Pokemon d20 and been wanting to try it out. It looks simple enough. Better than when I tried doing it BESM style(because the one guy wouldn't let me just write my own damn rule book for it. Which ended up being almost exactly like the pdfs my friend gave me).
NYAH!! theres a pokemon d20 game?! lol shouldnt be too surprised i just ordered The Slayers d20 game  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:28 pm
gojiron
NYAH!! theres a pokemon d20 game?! lol shouldnt be too surprised i just ordered The Slayers d20 game

Pokemon d20 Not sure if it has the pdfs on it but it was the website that my friend gave me that went along with them. So they might be on there.

He also told me that they've been updating stuff on the website so if there were any changes to the game to go with what the website says.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Hoomiku

Fashionable Sex Symbol

6,975 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:43 am
I play a lot of tabletops. My favorite roleplaying ones have to be Rolemaster, New World of Darkness, and D&D 3.5

Rolemaster is great if you like D&D, but also like Forgotten Realms, too. Rolemaster started as a licensed expansion to D&D like Pathfinder, but quickly became too large and became its own game. Like Anima, it also uses a d100 system, so you only need two dice to do everything.

For New World of Darkness, my friends and I used the official strategy guides from Pokemon and made "World of Pokemon." Using the New World of Darkness system, we're able to stat out our trainers as well as our Pokemon thanks to the guides. Battles and such play out just like the games, and out of battle it plays like any other tabletop. Lots of fun!

I really want to play a forum-based New World of Darkness game, but I have no idea how to work out the mechanics for that.

Ironclaw sounds like fun, but I really doubt my friends would be up for it.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:03 pm
Hoomiku
I play a lot of tabletops. My favorite roleplaying ones have to be Rolemaster, New World of Darkness, and D&D 3.5

Rolemaster is great if you like D&D, but also like Forgotten Realms, too. Rolemaster started as a licensed expansion to D&D like Pathfinder, but quickly became too large and became its own game. Like Anima, it also uses a d100 system, so you only need two dice to do everything.

For New World of Darkness, my friends and I used the official strategy guides from Pokemon and made "World of Pokemon." Using the New World of Darkness system, we're able to stat out our trainers as well as our Pokemon thanks to the guides. Battles and such play out just like the games, and out of battle it plays like any other tabletop. Lots of fun!

I really want to play a forum-based New World of Darkness game, but I have no idea how to work out the mechanics for that.

Ironclaw sounds like fun, but I really doubt my friends would be up for it.
It all sounds so cool! stupid lack of funds for games! hahaha and I am lucky enough to have friends who will try any game at least once, I'm working on my own quest for Ironclaw right now, and making characters like crazy lol  

Blackjack O Hare

Excitable Cottontail

16,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:13 am
working on gettin my D&D character from my DM to post it on here.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:23 am
my partner and i play warhammer (fantasy and 40k) and we do A LOT of classic world of darkness. we did have a group at one point playing heroes unlimited.  

Bush Punk

Dangerous Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • First step to fame 200

NeoSilverThorn

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:55 am
I haven't played D&D in years; I gave it up before 3.5 was released. However, I play a ton of other RPGs. I tend to prefer sci-fi (Traveller, ShatterZone, etc) over fantasy, but I do play a few fantasy RPGs.

And yes, I do play both Ironclaw and Jadeclaw. (I also play the current edition of Albedo, but that doesn't seem to be as big.)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:28 pm
Can't say I like 4.0 like.. at all..? I didn't mind Pathfinder, but mostly I'm a 3.5 kinda guy with my roommates we play in a few different campaigns. Most of our stuff the DM in question (like 3 people DM in this apt) handcrafts. Eberron is pretty nifty as well. Otherwise I don't do alot of tabletop but a roomie is trying to get me hooked into Warhammer.  

Asiril

Romantic Lunatic

10,400 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Blackjack O Hare

Excitable Cottontail

16,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:20 pm
Sweet, so many i should try, any one else here at least read the D&D Next stuff?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:39 pm
I'm pretty big into D&D 3.5 and AD&D. Never cared too much for 4th Edition. Pretty crappy in comparison to the other two, and it ruins the cleric class. Aside from D&D, I've played Mutants & Masterminds, as well as Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Vampire: The Masquerade.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff