Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
GGDG Icon Display...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kuraino Tenshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:48 am
Hey. xd

I decided, since I saw Gost-X's really nice icons in his sig, to make a place for us to display all of our Gaian Graphic Design Guild Icons. wink

Here's the first one I made. It took all of 5 minutes, so don't expect much. redface But, I still thought it looked cool...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Note: I save my images at .bmp's because otherwise it would create artificial pixelization...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 1:21 pm
okay, I created another one, just 'cause.... redface

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kuraino Tenshi

GhoSt-X

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:12 pm
sometimes the effect u get from quality loss is nice...
ill give the link to my siggy pics once i got my srver up ..

all photos in my siggy r taken by me unless otherwise stated ..  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 6:49 pm
Hey, great work you guys! I'll run a competition when we get some more members; I'll see if I can scrounge up a nice prize xd Be sure to enter them! But definitely use them in your sig in the meantime, lets try and build up this guild as much as we can.

Kuraino Tenshi: what is artificial pixelation? eek
I was told to use .jpeg for things with many shades, and .gif for a picture with only a few colours, because it only saves a select colour pallette (heheh Peter - I learned something in FIT!)  

Chisa
Vice Captain

Corinn

Shameless Hoarder

42,340 Points
  • Spirit Hoarder 500
  • Overstocked 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:33 pm
Chisa
Hey, great work you guys! I'll run a competition when we get some more members; I'll see if I can scrounge up a nice prize xd Be sure to enter them! But definitely use them in your sig in the meantime, lets try and build up this guild as much as we can.

Kuraino Tenshi: what is artificial pixelation? eek
I was told to use .jpeg for things with many shades, and .gif for a picture with only a few colours, because it only saves a select colour pallette (heheh Peter - I learned something in FIT!)

I've heard it referred to as "artificial pixelation" only a few times; most of the time I hear of it as "exaggerrated pixelation." Also, the major professional word/phrase for it is "lossy" or "non-lossy." JPEGs and GIFs can be very lossy. The crisper edges in the picture get slightly jagged and more squares are visible the lower the percentage you tell your computer to save the file. For example, you can set the JPEG to save at percentages of quality in Adobe programs. Default is about 80% I think. What the percentage means is that XX% of the saved data will remain intact as the file is saved and resaved and resaved.

That's why I prefer PNGs: they're non-lossy, and support transparency.

Perhaps I'll type up an article on file types. I have many resources to use, so it shouldn't be a problem.

If you have any more questions, just PM me.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games